AlliedBarton

www.alliedbarton.com

AlliedBarton Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

AlliedBarton Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Whitmore Jr.

Bill Whitmore Jr.

Pros
  • Allied Barton customers are the best, easy work(in 19 reviews)

• work perks, decent pay, all over the nation(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Account Managers and employees are frequently thrown under the bus to save a contract(in 37 reviews)

• Operations managers, not much room for advancement the harassment recieved over and over again(in 9 reviews)

Hahaha I laugh at the reviews over three stars.

ProsIt pays some bills, can work on school work, twiddle your thumbs, laugh at idiotic patrons/employees/managers, and it passes time.

ConsUniforms-dorky, pay-poor-poverty level, manager-tyrants-bullies-yes men, no promotions-lye's, sanity level of some guards-very low, benefits-nonexistant, security in general-not respected, CEO- lives on philosophy (money over bodies) did I mention poverty pay.

Training- Smoke and Mirror tactics or Lip Service

Advice to Senior ManagementYour doing a great job buttercups keep up the lie fest.

I would never recommend this job

Security Officer (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

Pros- A paycheck -- albeit sometimes for less hours than you worked
    - Work itself is simple to grasp
    - Can be a good work out

Cons- Incompetent management that cares only for the bottom line and have no background in security/enforcement
    - Your suggestions for improvements on site security are ignored; you're lucky if they even remember your requests for additional report sheets (which is mandatory for you to fill out every day)
    - Even if you're assigned one site with 40 hours a week you're essentially always on call w/o pay. They will wake you up right after you get off shift and tell you to be at another site within hours. And they will do everything possible to avoid ever having you work overtime, so they'll shift your set schedule at the snap of a finger.
    - The wage is incredibly low and not livable on your own
    - This is the one security company that won't allow you to have any self-defense weapons or able to touch anyone, so you have to run with your tail between your legs with any hostility. This is especially dangerous when they dump you outside a retail store in the middle of a ghetto neighborhood, or on railroad tracks in the dead night of a graveyard shift.
    - Anyone can get the job. This is an issue, because too many fellow employees are either very strange, incompetent, or lazy. I've seen some officers scare the cliental so much they were requested to be replaced. Others enjoy sitting there twiddling their thumbs and do not do their job.
    - This is less security and more costumer service. The sites that hire these officers use them more as a cheaper option to their own employees. You will do jobs such as delivering news papers and receipts to hotel rooms, answer room calls, janitorial work etc.
    - The physicality of the job could be difficult on some. There are assignments where you're supposed to be walking an entire 8-10 hour shift.
    -The cheap uniforms give you rashes
    - You are always the fall guy or scape goat for any issue
    -The company is constantly severely underbidding other security companies, so you KNOW they're providing the top of the line service *sarcasm*

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees have lives outside of work, and if they don't at least pay them decent wages. Stop being so cheap in every single regard to everything.

Miserable

Security Officer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsSteady hours, nothing else really

ConsManagement
    Recognition
    Scheduling
    Promotions
    Pay
    List goes on and on

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your officers a decent salary, or else you will get what you pay for and lose the ones worth keeping. Make a change in the site supervisor and account manager, because neither are getting it done. The turn-over rate is insane. Officer shouldnt have to work 15 days in a 16 day stretch, nore should they have 8 hour turn arounds in between 12 hour shifts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Take the other Job

Security Officer (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsUmmmm really?
    There are no pro's that can be named. A job like this could be found anywhere. Especially one with better hours. There are no pro's. Don't take a job doing security the industry is crooked.

ConsEverything: pay, scheduling, tyrannical bosses, corporate structure designed to alienate and exploit the majority of its staff members, no real world experience gained here that cant be gained somewhere else.

Don't take a JOB in the security industry do something that will get you a CAREER.

Advice to Senior ManagementHahaha hard to keep the sliminess of your business industry behind closed doors? Welcome to the 21st century.

Hopefully the information I provided has kept someone from making the same mistake I did. Joining the security industry.

Lazy Corporation

Security Officer (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsConsistently poor pay
    Some training material looks good on resume
    My manager was good with time off

ConsPay is no were near what it would take to keep actual professionals.
    Company thinks they are something they are not....which is professional.
    Company policy is all smoke and mirrors.
    Officers are expendable at all levels.
    Security Industry is garbage in general.
    Most managers highly incompetent and get by day to day through lying and scare tactics.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the uniforms, stop acting like your security officers are professionals, hire competent managers, and for goodness sake pay a person what they are worth.

As it stands you managers are as useful as an empty toilet paper roll.

Review of Allied Barton

Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsTraining is very thorough and informative.

ConsNo job security in most sites. Company needs to listen to employees more in order to create a better work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of employees.

it is what you make of it...

Security Guard (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe work is easy that you can do it while doing homework for college at the same time also, if you have a good account manager it can make it a whole lot better. Some employees are a joy to work with and make the days interesting. During my interview i asked for the shift i wanted to work and received it without any questions so they do have multitudes of availability you just have to ask; flexibility. Another benefit is that for a job to do while in school a week paid vacation is not bad at all.

ConsToo many chiefs and not enough indians in this company, meaning that there are times when there are 3-5 managers working at the same time but not passing information to each other in regards to employee problems and situations. Alot of favoritism as well in regards to guard who have poor work ethic but have history with manager. Sometimes complaints get brushed off until its too late and taken above managements heads. The pay scale and raises are extremely low for the jobs. One of the WORST benefits packages ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake these cons into consideration and maybe think about letting some employees go who dont want to work cohesively with other employees and restructuring (some) of the management staff.

Pointless

Security Officer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSimple job most of the time. Its a pay check if you don't have one. Could be easy to file a false worker comp claim or legal claim based on their negligent practices; however, I wouldn't recommend this because you't better then this company is.

ConsNo were near law enforcement in the terms of training, capabilities, or respect. As a security GUARD (you are not an officer no matter how you shake it) you are as valuable as a used diaper, and a diaper is exactly how Allied Barton will treat you.

Expect them to lye about how important and valuable you are; then they will show you threw actions like crummy raises, issuing torn/damaged uniforms, providing little to no support, providing training without a computer so you can't learn while you work, and providing little to no site specific training or hands on training, that will support the fact that they are trying to deceive Security Guards.

Deception and tricking from security management is an industry standard, expect it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running around pumping your fists in the air. Your Jersey Boy antics are embarrassing.

Mismanaged

Security Officer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe work is easy, the guests and tenants are generally easy going. Pay is great for the work.

ConsThe management is awful. They are vindictive and would rather you quit than transfer to another site. And you'll never get a promotion. Any time a position is open they hire from the outside and only publish an internal memo when they get no applicants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop squandering tomorrow for the sake of today. Because every few months there's a massive brain drain of talent.

Extraordinary - taking on a lot of work, more than expected

Security Officer (Former Employee) Oak Creek, WI

Prosyou will never become Bored

ConsThe people - Many good and little not good

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have meetings with employees - Group meetings and one on one. It is necessary, to keep good employees

Worked for AlliedBarton? Contribute to the Community!