AlliedBarton

AlliedBarton Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
2.7

AlliedBarton Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Whitmore Jr.
Bill Whitmore Jr.

Pros
  • Depending on the location, it is decent pay for not having to work very hard (in 22 reviews)

• Current location is very easy work (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The account managers aren't very qualified to head some of the accounts (in 42 reviews)

• There is so much room for advancement that you can easily advance beyond your skill set (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great employees

Former Employee - Security Officer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

their are ok ok ok

Cons

they dont llike to give raise increases

Need to award employees for doing a good job

Working for Allied is a bad idea

Former Employee - Security Officer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AlliedBarton part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing... All of the pro's are the same ones you can get at any employeer

Cons

Everything imaginable coupled with the frustration of trying to fill the shoes of a false role called "security." You as a security guard have more in common with someone who works as a greeter.

You guys and gals are part of a larger issue in this country, income inequality. Sleep well at night knowing full well you'r greed creates more issues than it ever solves.

Meat-grinder Mentality

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It doesn't take a special set of skills to do your job properly. Once your on the jobsite, that's when it takes a bit more effort to understand the intricacies of the client, but even those aren't normally too difficult to adhere to.

Cons

Allied Barton treated us worse than the onsite client. At one point, they physically tried to take away our lunch breaks. Mind you, they were not set 30 minute breaks to begin with, but were in fact 20 minutes 'when you could get them' style breaks, yet Allied Barton was trying to finagle a new contract out of the client, and thought that was a good selling point. Eventually the client stepped in and made sure we weren't breaking in state laws regarding breaks (which we were).

The company couldn't recruit competent people to save their lives. As a supervisor, I was constantly forced to train the dumbest and dullest as they showed up on a weekly basis. Typically the Hiring Manager would lie to them about almost everything; including hours, days of the week they would work, and compensation, and after I set them straight it was about a 50% chance they'd show up for their second day. I couldn't blame them either. When they lost the contract for my site to another company, I was already working on getting out the door. I offered to stick around and help get the place in order (in case Allied Barton could get another contract) and they practically ignored me. So instead, I became an asset for the new company because they wanted my insights on how to make things run smoothly.

Standing for 8 hours straight isn't a major issue, but being told you have 4 hours of overtime as you're walking out to your car at the end of the day is downright ridiculous.

Stop lying to your new hires. You've become a running inside joke because you constantly tell new folks complete lies to get them to sign the paperwork. It's not fair to the client (who you always hide behind when things go wrong), your current employees (who have to constantly be the bad guy on the site to new folks), and the new employee (you're making their financial situation worse by not giving them all the facts). It's shameful.