AlliedBarton

AlliedBarton Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
2.5

AlliedBarton Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Whitmore Jr.
Bill Whitmore Jr.

Pros
  • Allied Barton customers are the best, easy work (in 19 reviews)

• work perks, decent pay, all over the nation (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The account managers aren't very qualified to head some of the accounts (in 37 reviews)

• Operations managers, not much room for advancement the harassment recieved over and over again (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

A company which surely highlights the difference between a career and a job... its the latter.

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Pretty easy job but just as easy to be chewed out
    Steady pay with overtime due to excessive turnover and AB's in ability to fill open security positions.

Cons

HR can't keep up with constant turn over, never puts the right person into the right situation, AB expects their already stretched thin staff to cover openings while the scratch around to find a body to fill the position, thus they send us highly incompetent people who are not trainable and fired quickly, continuing the cycle.
    Uniforms always come in 3+ months late or in damaged condition. Requests for changes or support often ignored or swept under the rug. Manager who don't understand how their actions or lack of actions fall into LEGAL mousetraps. Pay that is low to start and doesn't ever increase no matter what your level of experience or education is. Pay raises of .15Cents given to all no matter who the top performers are. Management who uses the hope of (unattainable future) promotions to keep moral neutral (its never high). I say unattainable because promotions don't exist in my state unless your willing to move out of state, which isn't worthwhile because managerial level pay is low.

Increase the pay and stop hooting about how great everything is and passing out pens with Allied Bartons name on it, like its the best thing in the world. Get us real hands on training and stop being afraid of letting your guards go hands on.

They YELL at Guards, call them names and show total disrespect. It IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY I'VE EVER SEEN.

Current Employee - F/T  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - F/T in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good about giving time off with 3 weeks written notice. Frequent mistakes on paychecks, always in their favor and you'll never get it back. Good place to work if you are GAY.

Cons

They thrive on creating constant drama. They will lie, cheat, and "over-bill the client for services NOT rendered and we did not perform. They don't give raises- EVER. Their management still lives at home, with their mother.

Finish high-school, take a management course, grow-up, take a class in communication.

Allied Barton is like a stinky pair of shoes.

Current Employee - Security Officer/Receptionist  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Security Officer/Receptionist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at AlliedBarton part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some pretty amazing co-workers... Was blessed enough to have a crummy manager take on a management role at another site, and was replaced by a much more competent person who actually had multiple leadership skills and communications skills he lacked.

Cons

So client oriented that guards have to treat their clients like they are their managers; this is so wrong especially if the client has no regard for safety or security.
    Pay is low especially for the multitude of different roles we have to assume. Many roles are not security related. Union sites have way more liberties; however, union dues are way to high. Career opportunities exist but only because managers leave as often as security officers do.. Obviously for better opportunities. Allied Barton is afraid of creating armed accounts (to much responsibility and liability for them to muster).

Most of the time you will never ever see anyone who is above account manager position. Uniforms are bad and don't ever come in on time. I had to do out side patrols without a jacket well into January.

Its sad that I have to work for your company, but its even more sorrowful to consider those guards who are stuck in your company. This is because we both know you don't have much to offer anyone.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dare to be a neglector

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AlliedBarton part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large company with large company issues but its a just over broke if you need one.

Cons

Tedious, hypocritical company, using their false law enforcement image to lure unsuspecting applicants into a wheel of neglect.

Get real Allied is more comparable to a circus than a security provider.

Welcome to the assembly line of dissatisfaction that is... Allied Barton

Current Employee - Armed Guard  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Armed Guard in Miami, FL

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wish glassdoor would cut this down to a two word minimum because I can sum it up in two word.

A JOB (just over broke)

Great "career" opportunities due to heavy turnover and no one sticking around more than a year; up to and caped off at the account manager position. Nothing past that title will be given to an Allied Barton associate.

Cons

Clueless managers, vindictive/hypocritical/lying corporation, crap pay, smoke and mirror company procedures, when seeking solutions from Allied Barton only thing they provide is LIP SERVICE (not the good kind), security officer job requirements/title has nothing to do with what you will actually be doing at clients sights, drop security to help clean up for clients, fix damaged things for clients, replace paper towels for clients, but for goodness sake don't you dare protect clients unless it means siting for hours or walking in circles, those are the only two physical actions Allied Barton offers as a security response, and the list goes on

I could easily write a doctorate about the joke this company and industry is. Thank god for Glassdoors, Youtube, and the internet allowing us the channel to voice the truth. I have been hearing it is getting really hard for this company and others to find people who will work for them.

Sounds like success to me.

Don't act like you are a solution to Terrorism or ISIS, because that is just a white faced lye.
    You wan't use to be able to handle such threats, train us with military trainers and arm us; otherwise seal your lips tightly, and stop using such horrible groups as a scare tactic to increase the amount of clients your company has.

Pay us better, give better benefits, change your 1960's thinking on security, and if you are incapable of that I would suggest you allowing all sites to UNIONIZE.

Guards are... pawns in Allied's eyes

Current Employee - Lead Officer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Lead Officer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Its easy if you have communication skills and it pays

Cons

Allied Barton is just one big assembly line exploitation.

Increase the pay and create better training. Ditch the crummy uniforms. Don't be afraid of arming your guards.

If you are afraid of arming your guards than its just obvious that you have no faith in your current trainers and managers.

Remember actions or the lack of actions speak louder than your words

Silly Industry Full of Hypocrisies, Cynicism, and Ignorance

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Rockford, IL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its a pay check nothing else
    Most managers are never at their sites thankfully, and when they are they are easily swayed into doing what you want them to.
    They work with your schedule not because they want to but because they have too. Or else no one would work for them.

Cons

Allied is full of silliness, hypocrisies, cynicism, and ignorance.
    They pump security guards up to believe in false imaginary visions of who they are. Then dump them at sites where the realities sink in bitterly.
    Local Response/National Support-- more like you the guard do all the work at the Local level with zero national or corporate support; therefore, the motto should be Local Laborers leached off of by National Support (Corporate).
    (Corporate) dose not support their guards, but under bid them to clients to get their portfolio numbers up. Then they pay their guards pennies on the dollar, with no raises, all so they can pocket you'r raise. They also do little to support their guards... Crap training, bad uniforms, and they do nothing to solve the problems guards face.

Boys and girls find somewhere else to work. This is a place for the ignorant, and the smart ones are either lazy or using/abusing the company until they find better work. Thus, its a good place if you are a student that is it.

Your magic show is over... we see the cards you hide up your sleeve, so stop lying to us about how important you say we are, how well trained we are, and how well supported we are.

You sound more like salesmen to full from eating their baloney

Its a ok job

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

This is a great job for college students or retired people but there are many that make it their career.

Cons

you have to work on holidays depending on your work schedule.

This company is decent to work for but it depends on the account manger and the site supervisor.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time for less than a year

Pros

The health befits and that's it.

Cons

Standing all day, waiting for your relief to come, calls off last minutes, dealing with supervisors that act like kids, waiting for a promotion or requesting for a transfer forget about it, and trying to get a hold of the account manager that's another story.

No benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sometimes you can get over time.

Cons

Working under management with not enough experience.

Work on dealing with different people.

Worked for AlliedBarton? Contribute to the Community!