AlliedBarton Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
690 reviews filtered by
2.6
AlliedBarton Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Whitmore Jr.
Bill Whitmore Jr.

Pros
  • Depending on the location, it is decent pay for not having to work very hard (in 22 reviews)

• Current location is very easy work (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The account managers aren't very qualified to head some of the accounts (in 42 reviews)

• There is so much room for advancement that you can easily advance beyond your skill set (in 11 reviews)

1. Well that sucked

Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor
    Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time

Pros

Most coworkers are cool. Huge national company. Work is over at the end of your shift. I have nothing else good to say.

Cons

Crappy management. Garbage benefits. Terrible hours. No company support. No one works together. Expect to be stuck at work for additional shifts because no one else will come in. No dicipline for higher management. HR does not handle issues. You have to fight to get paid for vacation time.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Especially the ones at the lowest level. They are the ones who make your company work. Remove bad managers and bad employees. Increase salary to a livable amount. Find a better benefits program.

2. Get Paid Nothing and Expected to do it All

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ha Allied Barton has more in common with a temporary hiring agency than an actual career worthy employer

Cons

NO PROMOTIONS EXIST

THEY DON"T PAY VETERANS MORE $$$ for the experiences or values they haves

Pay is garbage yet you'r still expected to be enthusiastic about protecting life and property added this to the fact that no training, equipment, or power will be given to you to complete this duty and no one in the company or out would trust you anyways and it isn't hard to see why most security officers have the "I don't give two sticks attitude", management lives in disillusionment and lack people skills tremendously, scheduling is never consistent because staffing never is, turn over rate is a never ending cyclone sucking up professionalism, hopes, dreams, and everything else in the process, human resources seems to scrape the bottom of the barrel for new applicants, and ladies and gentlemen I can go on and ON.

Allied Barton, Securitas, G4s, US Security Ser, and just about any other security business stinks big time.

Apply at the other job

Advice to Management

What drugs are you on, because the company you claim Allied Barton is, isn't supported by substantial facts or reality.

Stop taking advantage of veterans its sicking.

3. A sorry excuse of a company

I have been working at AlliedBarton (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are hardly any positives working with Allied Barton, and you can get all of the positives they have to offer at just about any other company.

Cons

God offal low pay with severely lacking benefits and a company that has no respect or compassion for its officers. Despite making 9.50 an hour they expect you to fill a multitude of roles up to and including protecting lives and property. This is funny because we have no power, training, authority, or trust to accomplish the multitude of roles they force us to fill. Allied miss-communicates on a daily basis. They will tell you that you have a training class that is mandatory to go to and tell you with less than or up to a days notice, so good luck planing any ting. I have witnessed multiple manager become angry because HR had miss scheduled applicant interviews and failed to notify anyone.I have had to deal with being called into work on my days off, while at school, or with family, because management believed that I would work despite written notification from me that I would not be available. Management pulls fast ones like this all the time with site schedules. Allied Barton claims to be veteran friendly, and they are at first but they don't offer you any additional qualifications for your experience in the military. Mean you get paid the same as anyone else, and they get to run to the back with the tax break you provided them. Allied Barton likes to brag about its (online training) which is so general and childish in content its usually never useful at the site level; in addition, their training on active shooters and terrorism is a joke, because an unarmed and armed guard making 9-10$ an hour who likely has little (REAL weapons Training) is not going to fight like a demon to protect people who make more money and often hinder the very duties an officer is tasked with completing. The online training is nice but in reality a joke. An officer also doesn't receive anything from Allied Barton for completing their vast amount of online training. Lastly most Allied Barton sites do not have access to computers, so the company expects you to want to go home on your off time and do work related tasks-again all at burger flipping compensation rates.

Advice to Management

We laugh at you when your backs are turned, seriously start cleaning house. We know and our clients know we are just like another security company.
    Providing warm bodies and scape goats all while bending over for clients who want it at the cheapest rates.

Horrible with no care for employee's, especially females.

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I work a full 40 hours

Cons

Only 3 days a year of sick leave, even when you have vacation time they will not give you a day off. They are suppose to provide uniforms but after your first set they never have any in stock.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers and actual try to resolve problems

6. Security Officer

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time

Pros

I have weekends off and work 8-4

Cons

If working at a union site you must be in a union, the pay is very low, benefits not good, If you have a pay discrepancy you wait very long to get your money, and there is no room for growth. The job is repetitive. You must be relieved for everything, very little sick days, vacation days, and personal days. If a coleague can't make it in for work you will get stuck doing a double

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Security Officer in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can make 12/hr when you first start out, there are benefits at some locations including dental, vision, and health benefits as well as 401K.

Cons

They don't care about the employees, they overwork you, they show favorites, the big wigs don't know how to do their jobs, their no retaliation policy is a joke, it's impossible to reach anyone higher than HR when your HR isn't doing anything to help, very low potential to move up in the company, racism and sexism was very strongly present

Advice to Management

When an employee shares their concerns, don't dismiss them or do nothing about them. There should be a line to connect to the main HR or someone at the top. Make sure your handbooks don't just say there's a no retaliation policy. Make sure that is true.

Dishonest, deceitful and unorganized. Inept account managers and supervisors. Does not back their employees.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Reno, NV

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

Somewhat competitive salary And pay

Cons

Inexperienced supervisors, dishonest and deceitful management. Extremely unorganized and unprofessional. Does not back their officers as well as care about their well being.

9. “AlliedBarton To Pay NYC Guards $1.3M In Wage Settlement. LOL Rolling on the ground!”

Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Burger king, Mackdonalds, or any other security company officers the same type of entry level pro's, which are not many or much.

Cons

Read the title and do you homework. It doesn't take much research to discovery the deplorable environment contractual security companies create. Especially if it is a company that isn't trusted with high level security clearances.

Poor pay, training, management, bad scheduling, and no support are the largest con's.

Advice to Management

Work to erase the bad images society have of security guards and their companies, or continue to repeat the mistakes of the past over and over again until you go broke.

Advice to those thinking of becoming a security officer; the position and job is nothing you think it will be.

Security Officer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training and client site movement. Lot of room to learn different techniques and training skills by moving around. Lots of optional training online as well.

Cons

Salary is very poor, management is all about themselves and doesn't stick up for it's own people at the expense of it's clients. Very inflexible on scheduling, calling out is the end of the world more often than not.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better and invest in them. The turnover rate is deplorable because of this. I had 1 account manager out of 5 that I could say positive things about.

the company is a good company thie site was horrable people at the site are really disrespectful

Current Employee - Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (less than a year)

Pros

first aide and c.p.r. training and college chourses you can take

Cons

everything else is just horrable

Advice to Management

hire max johnson back