AlliedBarton

AlliedBarton Reviews

Updated March 3, 2015
Updated March 3, 2015
2.7

AlliedBarton Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Whitmore Jr.
Bill Whitmore Jr.

Pros
  • Depending on the location, it is decent pay for not having to work very hard (in 22 reviews)

• Current location is very easy work (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The account managers aren't very qualified to head some of the accounts (in 42 reviews)

• There is so much room for advancement that you can easily advance beyond your skill set (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

The worst co.I've ever worked for!

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Nothing at all about the company

Cons

Management is a joke, the pay, scheduling, no communication, no respect

Step your game up! I am not alone when I say this either, the management for allied barton (specifically in nyc - the office in midtown) is a joke! From the receptionist at the front desk whom NEVER picks up the phone when you call, to the account managers who point blank disrespect the guards and dont give a damn about them, to the unprofessionalism of the so called human resource team. The supervisor I have at my site is careless, rude, and to be quite frank, does not know the first thing about supervising a team of employees. There have been several incidences where supervisors and account managers were dating guards and even having s*x with them on the sites of the companies they work for. I've witnessed it myself, so take my word for it. The only possible way to move up in the company is if you sleep with your supervisor or account manager.

A Breeze

Current Employee - Security Officer in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Some of the pro's of working at AlliedBarton would have to be that it's an easy job and of course that is always nice.

Cons

The job can be really really boring at times. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to gouge out my eyes due to boredom.

Get your act together! You have great people working for you...yet you continue to squander all but most of them!

Will help you if you are a new hire but afterwards is a different story.

Current Employee - Mobile Patrol Officer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Mobile Patrol Officer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Will help you any way they can to get you hired. Decent entry-level pay and benefits such as medical insurance, etc.

Cons

Requested for a transfer to a different job site and what did they do? They completely ignored my request. They also hire just about anybody because they are trying to crank out as many hires as they can because they could care less about employees who are already hired. People in this industry come and go even managers, do not expect long term growth.

Treat your employees better, have a better hiring process, provide long term growth. Competitor agencies are hiring your former employees including top managers, go figure that one out.

It depends on the site

Current Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AlliedBarton part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It really depends on the site. At my site, the pros are:

- free time

- co-workers who aren't horrible

Cons

At my site:

- insulting pay

- degrading uniform

- disrespect from everyone

- schedule changes week to week with pretty much no notice

- hostile management

pay a living wage, and don't make your employees wear silly hats.

This job is definitely not a career. This job is the definition of living paycheck to paycheck.

Current Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Online training programs, some employee discounts, flexible work schedule. Okay job for college students and retirees, not for working people with families.

Cons

A company with over 50,000-60,000 employees nationwide, you would think that their medical benefits would be affordable but its not. Medical benefits are quite expensive. The pay is not up to par, especially when it comes to hourly security guards. No annual pay raises for guards. Working for AlliedBarton, you would have to get another job on the side. Company doesn't offer tuition assistance for hourly employees or even to some salary employees. Company is notorious for trying to avoid paying unemployment to employees even if the company doesn't have work for them, when they lose a site.

Treat the security officers better and offer higher pay. $9.00-$10.00/hour just doesn't cut it anymore. Starting pay would be at least $15/hour. So much money is spent into security when it comes to technology but not on the guards.

Need better Management

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Tons of hours available to work .

Cons

Horrible management.
    Only care about client and not security guards.

horrible company

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

low pay no personal growth rude supervisors who act like company drones low employee moral very unprofessional environment

Cons

no respect for the employee

worst place I have ever worked in my life

Current Employee - Aso in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Aso in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

they will tell you to your face how they want to promote you and get the most out of you and then discard you like a piece of toilet paper

Cons

putting up with their lies that they give you I mean look at all the other reviews do you think these people are making it up I doubt it

learn your policies that you like to stress on your employees because hardly any of you know anything.you screw stuff up left and right you screw workers comp you put emails out on employees and inadvertently sent them to the employee you basically make yourself vulnerable for a million dollar lawsuit and then you get mad at the employee for following through with it. you know being a supervisor means being smarter than the people you superviseand caring enough more than just the bottom line your slogan for the company is"Dare to be great!"how can employ dare to be great when he's working for a bunch of foolish people who don't care about being great themselves?

Learned a lot about people but the lack of mobility is suffocating.

I worked at AlliedBarton part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules. Interesting selection of sites and people.

Cons

Next to none upward mobility.

Shift Supervisor Unarmed

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The site I work at has the best benefits and PTO/Vacation. The rules are the rules, you have simple guidelines to live by, be to work on time, in the right uniform, at the right post and do your job. Honestly, the easiest job I have ever had, even as a supervisor.

Cons

No shift differential. Somewhat hard to move up, unless you are one of the "Good ol' boys." You are constantly on call, even if you have a set schedule, expect to be called in and don't plan too much in advance.