AlliedBarton Reviews

Updated April 27, 2015
702 reviews filtered by

Jacksonville, FL office staff are jokes

Current Employee - Security Officer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's really hard to think of one. But you do get a paycheck that isn't much but it is a paycheck. You meet a lot of people with all the Security guards constantly quitting. A new face every week :D

Cons

AlliedBarton of Jacksonville, FL is a joke. The management and staff barely have any experience. They are always running around freaking out because they feel like they are going to get fired any second because their lack of experience shows. They toss out threats at newly hired security officers then wonder why they can't keep any employees. The management at JM Family enterprises is a complete joke. Don't ever pick that site to work. I've been there for almost a year and they have an extremely hard time keeping guards forcing to make up the shifts nonstop for months. I don't remember the last time I had more than 1 day off a week. There are already talks between some of the guards that are about to turn in their 14 day notice at the same time. I don't think AlliedBarton as a whole is bad but stay away from the Jacksonville, FL office. If you're in that area you are better off working at either Securitas or U.S Security Associates.

Advice to Management

Stop with the pointless threats and power trips.

2. WORST JOB EVER!!!

Current Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

This company is focused on enslaving people for little money and they lie about everything. don't trust anything they say.

Cons

Everything, stay away from this company!

Advice to Management

Shut down!

Needs to work on their supposed professionalism and caring attitude

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

I like some of the people I work with.

Cons

Management isn't up to par like it should be or how they present themselves to be. The company seems to be more concerned about keeping clients than the guards. No real opportunity to grow.

Advice to Management

Start actually showing you care about your employees. The happier the employee is the happier your client will be as well. Also make it a policy to push the on-site supervisors to communicate with the guards on their site rather than going behind their backs.

Well that sucked

Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor
    Former Employee - Assistant Supervisor

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time

Pros

Most coworkers are cool. Huge national company. Work is over at the end of your shift. I have nothing else good to say.

Cons

Crappy management. Garbage benefits. Terrible hours. No company support. No one works together. Expect to be stuck at work for additional shifts because no one else will come in. No dicipline for higher management. HR does not handle issues. You have to fight to get paid for vacation time.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Especially the ones at the lowest level. They are the ones who make your company work. Remove bad managers and bad employees. Increase salary to a livable amount. Find a better benefits program.

6. I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

great pay and new things to learn every day.

Cons

a lot of paper work, a lot of people to look after and keep save.

Get Paid Nothing and Expected to do it All

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ha Allied Barton has more in common with a temporary hiring agency than an actual career worthy employer

Cons

NO PROMOTIONS EXIST

THEY DON"T PAY VETERANS MORE $$$ for the experiences or values they haves

Pay is garbage yet you'r still expected to be enthusiastic about protecting life and property added this to the fact that no training, equipment, or power will be given to you to complete this duty and no one in the company or out would trust you anyways and it isn't hard to see why most security officers have the "I don't give two sticks attitude", management lives in disillusionment and lack people skills tremendously, scheduling is never consistent because staffing never is, turn over rate is a never ending cyclone sucking up professionalism, hopes, dreams, and everything else in the process, human resources seems to scrape the bottom of the barrel for new applicants, and ladies and gentlemen I can go on and ON.

Allied Barton, Securitas, G4s, US Security Ser, and just about any other security business stinks big time.

Apply at the other job

Advice to Management

What drugs are you on, because the company you claim Allied Barton is, isn't supported by substantial facts or reality.

Stop taking advantage of veterans its sicking.

Not career worthy.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at AlliedBarton part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an easy job.

Cons

Lack of training, treats employees like commodities rather than people.

Advice to Management

Provide more training for your employees.

Throught out my 10 years of working with AB has been very challenging and rewarding experience for me.

Former Employee - Security Officer (Unarmed) in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Security Officer (Unarmed) in Washington, DC

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership I always tell my team that I lead by example and Customer Services was my number 1 issue when it come to the clients.

Cons

My Challenges as part of management was to approve time off request and to discuss the policies and procedure all the officers. I had direct access to the benefits department. for me knowledge is power the more you know the more you grow.

Advice to Management

check on there Site Manager more often to make sure that all work are being treated fairly.

10. Best contact security company

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Professional. Provides great support, training and encouragement for officers.

Cons

Benefits are expensive. Pay and benefits dictated by client budget.

Worked 5+ years in a supervisory capacity

Former Employee - Supervisor in Northeast, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Northeast, NY

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

Pay is slightly above average for a non-armed industrial security position. Malls, NOT SO MUCH! Depends upon client contract. Training opportunities are above average/superior but compensation is not linked...., you do it for yourself and professional pride/development, maybe for your next security position. Advancement opportunities are limited depending upon account size, where you are and who knows you. Don't take the job if it does not fit your life.

Cons

Benefits are average/good "for the security industry" where benefits are hard to come by. Company public profile is very high but doesn't translate down to more local management and the front-line employees. There is a big disconnect between Corp (PA) and the districts and sites.

Advice to Management

Monitor Region and District issues beyond just their financial performances and bottom lines. Security is A PEOPLE BUSINESS!.