AlliedBarton

www.alliedbarton.com
Profile Unclaimed

worst place I have ever worked in my life

Current Employee - Aso in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Aso in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

they will tell you to your face how they want to promote you and get the most out of you and then discard you like a piece of toilet paper

Cons

putting up with their lies that they give you I mean look at all the other reviews do you think these people are making it up I doubt it

learn your policies that you like to stress on your employees because hardly any of you know anything.you screw stuff up left and right you screw workers comp you put emails out on employees and inadvertently sent them to the employee you basically make yourself vulnerable for a million dollar lawsuit and then you get mad at the employee for following through with it. you know being a supervisor means being smarter than the people you superviseand caring enough more than just the bottom line your slogan for the company is"Dare to be great!"how can employ dare to be great when he's working for a bunch of foolish people who don't care about being great themselves?

horrible company

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

low pay no personal growth rude supervisors who act like company drones low employee moral very unprofessional environment

Cons

no respect for the employee

A decent company to work for as long as you don't expect much.

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, great officer training, great manager training, adequate uniforms supplied by company,

Cons

High turnover, questionable hiring process, terrible office politics, lackluster support regarding employee issues, terrible supervisor training,

Don't lie: to officers or supervisors or low level managers. This destroys all trust.

Experience may vary

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at AlliedBarton part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Higher salaries based on assigned contract and clearance.
    -Fairly flexible for part-time work.

Cons

-Most employees are here temporarily while transitioning. Very poor benefits. Many 60+ year old employees.
    -No clearance= minimum wage job. Dead end job with no outlook for increased salaries or promotions.
    -Low standards in general. Clearance positions have higher caliber employees.
    -Poor communication up and down chain.
    -No formal management training, so many supervisors are those that are full time or been with the company for more than a year. So far 2 supervisors have been removed for cause and were reassigned as supervisors at another site.

Poor management

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Its a paycheck, not much else

Cons

Poor management too many turnovers

Make sure management know the site' and work with supervision on site' get your facts straight before going to the client. Train upper management to be team leaders instead of acting like superiors

If they take over your site...RUN and I mean RUN far away to another good company.

Current Employee - Security Guard in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Security Guard in New York, NY

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Love my co-worker's,love my site,love the employees at my contract site.They treat us as their equals.

Cons

MANAGEMENT S-U-C-K-S....My site supervisor doesn't address any issues that are valid and in a timely manner.We haven't even had our annual evaluations.No kind of advancement in the foreseen future,for anyone,just empty promises.

Maybe if management acts as though all of security officer's exist and show us some gratitude for doing our jobs on a daily basis and sometimes going above and beyond.Maybe this company would get better reviews.I just feel that security companies DO NOT PAY ANY REGARDS TO THOSE SECURITY OFFICER'S WITH YEAR'S OF EXPERIENCE OR THE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS FIELD OF WORK.All the care about is having (A WARM - BREATHING - LIVE - AND SOME WHAT INFORMED PHYSICAL BEING PLANTED IN A CHAIR OR ONE OF THEIR VEHICLES.Tell me I am wrong!Because you know you are lying and you are just protecting a company or companies that follow the same familiar actions towards their security officer's.I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS OCCUPATION FOR WAY TO LONG...So if I can give anyone some good advice.STAND UP,SPEAK UP AND ALWAYS STAND YOUR GROUNDS...

BAD

Former Employee - Armed Guard in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Armed Guard in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

SOME PEOPLE WERE NICE. They tried to pay but wages in america so bad it is not worth working

Cons

MANAGEMENT DID NOT HAVE A CLUE

Get out of office and find problems . The guard shack at Harris stow was so small a dog could not fit

The definition of living paycheck to paycheck.

Current Employee - Security Guard in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time

Pros

The shift is easy to free up time to find better jobs.

Cons

The salary is a pittance. You're better off working for 6 months somewhere and going on unemployment. The benefits would ashame even the VA.

Raise your rates. And have some organization for a change. Your company is a laughingstock.

Ugh

Current Employee - Security Officer in Manchester, CT
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Manchester, CT

I have been working at AlliedBarton

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Everything else that is Alliedbarton

Stop hiring ex police officers/state troopers as department chiefs. It doesn't work for anyone involved.

Security associate

Former Employee - Security Guard in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in San Jose, CA

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

Weekly pay - decent worksites

Cons

Poor management
    Low pay
    Limited shifts depending on site
    Zero backing from management