www.allonhill.com

Allonhill Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Allonhill CEO, Founder, and Chairwoman Sue Allon

Sue Allon

Good practices in theory but a lot of inefficiencies

Analyst (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Prosflex schedule, work-life balance, good pay

Consthe benefits were lacking, and management was sometime unwilling to help or respond to time sensitive emails

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering hiring people with more prior management experience as well as subject matter knowledge for what the project is they are managing

Allonhill

ProsGreat place to work due to the "grown up" treatment. This is a lot different then the call center environment that I was used to.

ConsGreat uncertainty with the mortgage industry. This is a project based company that may or may not have work at any given time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to get projects.

Very dissappointing place to work

Review Appraiser (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood pay not much else.

ConsPoor management, poor supervision, poor / unprofessional business philosophy and business working model. In other words, poor management. young inexperienced managers with inadequate people skills. Some co workers were abusive and unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to school and learn how to manage a business. Take a psychology class and try to better understand people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, shady management

Mortgage Servicing Review Analyst (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe pay was great, co workers were friendly, and I felt like I was part of a team. I really liked the company wide meetings that were held once a week, which made it feel like we were a whole group working towards one goal.

ConsThe CEO was friendly and seemed to really value her employees for the most part. Some of the other individuals working beneath her in upper management didn't even know who we were or what project we were working on. I sat idle for 2 weeks or so, with nothing to do, and our team felt a layoff was coming. We were assured that we would hear back from the client regarding more work, but we all felt uneasy. Sure enough, come pay day, we were all laid off. Management was always saying how transparent they were, but I could tell they were hiding something.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you feel as though a lay off is coming, please give your employees a fighting chance to find work ahead of time. The cost of living is high, and there's always a lag in receiving unemployment benefits. Please be transparent with your employees, as you are always saying you are. When I got laid off, the individual doing the process, gave off the vibe that he didn't really care and was hesitant to answer any questions regarding re hire, should the company see fit.

This company is a sham.

Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI loved the people I met and certain management members have me a chance to grow.

ConsThis company is full if you know what. None of the employees that were let go we're given copies of the agreements we signed. I actually applied for a job there after the OCC lay off and was laid off again. I played a vital part of the the OCC review and I am actually quite happy they are going through the trouble now. They should have treated employees better and some of us would have explained what was done. They turned there back on employees and I hope employees receive some type of compensation from the law suit. I am waiting for an attorney to call me.

Advice to Senior ManagementScrew them

It was actually great while it lasted! Unfortunately poor management caused it not to last!

Management (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThis was an exciting place to work at the time I started there in 2011 on the OCC consent order project for Aurora Bank.

ConsWe never seemed to actually complete any of the reviews that were required. We would complete them, and then when we ran out of data we would find out that they were all being re-loaded due to some script changes or something that needed to be totally re-completed. Worst thing was that the owner was a little shady with her representations to the OCC regarding impartiality, and they ended up yanking the project.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play fast and loose with the federal government or they'll shut you down.

Terrific people and culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company and people had personality and character. Great group!

ConsSome of the systems were disjointed and challenging resources to simplify tasks

Company review

Examiner (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIt was a very creative place to work. Employees were treated like adults, and expected to behave accordingly

ConsThe owner sold certain assets, my teams contract included, to Stewart Title. Can you say kindergarten? I feel just like I'm back there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take the word of your favorites as if it is infallible.

Over all very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours. Great training department. Convenient location.

ConsCommunication between management and workers needs significant improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees if they are not meeting expectations.

Analyst (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood company to work for.

ConsBad field to be a part of right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering a contract underwriting service.

Worked for Allonhill? Contribute to the Community!