Allonhill Reviews

Sue Allon

1. Examiner

Former Employee - Examner in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Examner in Denver, CO

Pros

The executives were visionary and had a sense of what their employees needed to thrive, advance and be happy in the workplace.

Cons

It was too bad that Allonhill sold certain assets, my team included, to Stewart Lender services, because SLS is a horrible company. The particular exec I worked under and his management staff were draconian and it was a "My way or the Highway" arrangement. You know, shut up or we'll manufacture a way to fire you - which was when I finally had enough and quit. I'd seen five good people forced out - good, solid, hardworking employees, forced out on manufactured issues.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees, not against them, and you'll find not only a happier work place, but more productive employees.

2. Not enough help

Pros

Bought by Stewart Lending Services, Houston, Texas

Cons

Too much work to do for the amount of people hired.

Advice to Management

Stop laying people off and putting the extra workload on employees, then becoming upset when over-time hours are exceeded.

3. Allonhill

Pros

Great place to work due to the "grown up" treatment. This is a lot different then the call center environment that I was used to.

Cons

Great uncertainty with the mortgage industry. This is a project based company that may or may not have work at any given time.

Advice to Management

Continue to get projects.

5. Great people, shady management

Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing Review Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing Review Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great, co workers were friendly, and I felt like I was part of a team. I really liked the company wide meetings that were held once a week, which made it feel like we were a whole group working towards one goal.

Cons

The CEO was friendly and seemed to really value her employees for the most part. Some of the other individuals working beneath her in upper management didn't even know who we were or what project we were working on. I sat idle for 2 weeks or so, with nothing to do, and our team felt a layoff was coming. We were assured that we would hear back from the client regarding more work, but we all felt uneasy. Sure enough, come pay day, we were all laid off. Management was always saying how transparent they were, but I could tell they were hiding something.

Advice to Management

If you feel as though a lay off is coming, please give your employees a fighting chance to find work ahead of time. The cost of living is high, and there's always a lag in receiving unemployment benefits. Please be transparent with your employees, as you are always saying you are. When I got laid off, the individual doing the process, gave off the vibe that he didn't really care and was hesitant to answer any questions regarding re hire, should the company see fit.

6. This company is a sham.

Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I met and certain management members have me a chance to grow.

Cons

This company is full if you know what. None of the employees that were let go we're given copies of the agreements we signed. I actually applied for a job there after the OCC lay off and was laid off again. I played a vital part of the the OCC review and I am actually quite happy they are going through the trouble now. They should have treated employees better and some of us would have explained what was done. They turned there back on employees and I hope employees receive some type of compensation from the law suit. I am waiting for an attorney to call me.

Advice to Management

Screw them

7. It was actually great while it lasted! Unfortunately poor management caused it not to last!

Former Employee - Management in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Management in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was an exciting place to work at the time I started there in 2011 on the OCC consent order project for Aurora Bank.

Cons

We never seemed to actually complete any of the reviews that were required. We would complete them, and then when we ran out of data we would find out that they were all being re-loaded due to some script changes or something that needed to be totally re-completed. Worst thing was that the owner was a little shady with her representations to the OCC regarding impartiality, and they ended up yanking the project.

Advice to Management

Don't play fast and loose with the federal government or they'll shut you down.

8. Terrific people and culture.

I worked at Allonhill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company and people had personality and character. Great group!

Cons

Some of the systems were disjointed and challenging resources to simplify tasks

9. Company review

Former Employee - Examiner in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Examiner in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a very creative place to work. Employees were treated like adults, and expected to behave accordingly

Cons

The owner sold certain assets, my teams contract included, to Stewart Title. Can you say kindergarten? I feel just like I'm back there.

Advice to Management

Don't take the word of your favorites as if it is infallible.

10. Over all very good

I worked at Allonhill full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours. Great training department. Convenient location.

Cons

Communication between management and workers needs significant improvement.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees if they are not meeting expectations.

11. Allonhill

Former Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Bad field to be a part of right now.

Advice to Management

Consider offering a contract underwriting service.

RSS Feed </> Embed