Alloy Media

Matt Diamond

Fun Team

Director (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe people made this an amazing and inspiring place to work! There are smart, creative and fun coworkers who will make your Monday-Friday seem a lot more enjoyable but also everyone knows when it is time to focus and get the job done. Talent overflows!

ConsThere is a tendency to work folks to the bone and if someone "gets the job done" then some major flaws may be overlooked (in other words, they tend to believe the ends justify the means)

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are amazing - from mailroom to C-suite - so treat them as well as they treat the company. Results shouldn't be obtained "at all costs" but keep on doing a great job hiring talent and great candidates!

Wonderful, full-service agency; was given invaluable opportunities to learn and experience early in my career.

Los Angeles, CA

ProsPlenty of opportunity for travel & experience. Lots of responsibility at a young age, I've carried this with me throughout my career. I also loved the office culture; highly developed here.

ConsExtremely hard to get promoted and the pay is a little low.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote folks from within and don't be afraid to pay them a bit more; you'll keep the good ones and attract more talent. Overturn was a bit of an issue here.

positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospeople people people people people

Consculture product execution management resources

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing people god awful to work with executives

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Great people, everyone is friendly
    -Middle management is just a pleasure to work with
    -Fun parties and company events
    -Work environment is lax

ConsBiggest problem at Alloy are the Executives ( upper management )

-Executives are cocky and full of ego
    -Executives are insanely hard to work with
    -Executives dont care about people under them

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to really understand the damage his Executives buddies are doing. I have seen nearly half of the Alloy Staff leave because of the Executives in my 2 year including myself.

A little bit of ADD

ProsCasual dress code and summer fridays. Everybody is friendly and willing to keep communication open.

Consfeels like there is lack of direction. There isn't a well define core value. They only jump on the next hot thing, seemingly without a strategy. It's stressful adjusting to many acquisitions within such a short time. The workflow changes. If you are not familiar with everyone's working style is hard to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's important to have a solid direction. We need a goal to strive for!

Easy Breezy

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsSame format every time. You can depend upon how the expectations.

ConsSometimes they wanted to execute bad marketing ideas that don't translate into the various markets. It's often a lot of handing out flyers that no one wants.

It's ok.

Media Buyer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLots of young people - good for recent grads to make friends. They give you space to move to different departments and you can find opportunities for growth.

ConsWork itself is a little depressing - monotonous / boring. Peers aren't that enthusiastic about their jobs because of this...which kind of snowballs. Professional workspace, but cube-culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more incentives for employees, show more appreciation for their work.

This place is not designed to help anyone make money

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsSummer Fridays are the best perks and the people can be fun too. Most of the mid level staffers are very helpful

ConsIt's very hard to make and money in sales because of how commissions are structured and how the accounts are divided

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentivize your sellers!

It's like I've worked for 5 different companies in 4 years

New York, NY

Proswork load is usually light, most don't come in until 9:30, relaxed environment, big name clients that will look good on your resume

Conscompany's focus is always changing, upper management does not communicate with staff, many employees with inflated titles aren't qualified for their job, very high turnover rate, no culture, low morale

if you are looking for a place where you can get by with doing very little work for very little pay then you'll be happy at alloy. but if you are looking for a place where you can learn and grow, you are better off somewhere else.

everything is always changing, companies are acquired and sold off, as a mid level employee the only way you find out of these changes is through office gossip. one day you might show up and your department no longer exists, surprise! here's a new title!

many people in upper management are there because they've been with the company for a long time when it was focused on other things and aren't capable of doing their current jobs. all lower level employees leave within a year or two.

Advice to Senior ManagementA long term strategy - GET ONE! It seems like you are always trying to jump on the next hot trend without adequately training or even notifying employees. Communicate with your employees or they will keep leaving.

Fun, young company but management has no idea what they're doing

New York, NY

ProsReally young, casual working environment, summer Fridays, generally flexible hours, lots of perks (celeb sightings, free tickets to events), awesome holiday party and the occasional happy hour and group dinners.

ConsThe morale is so low because the turnover rate is so high. Few people stay for more than a year or two because the management keeps changing. It's just very unorganized and for a company focused on youth media and marketing, it should be more fun and less stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the mid-level employees. Pay employees of ALL levels more in salary (except the VPS etc) and they be more likely to stay. Stop acquiring new companies and put that money and investment into the talented people you already have.

Worked for Alloy Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alloy Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alloy Media CEO Matt Diamond. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by Alloy Media employees.