Allscripts

Allscripts Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Allscripts CEO Paul Black

Paul Black

Pros:
  • "Free Transport / Work Life Balance to some extent"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Work from home option (required if implementation consultant)"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is no work-life balance despite the 'program du jur' from HR trying to spin otherwise"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Senior management changes it's direction every couple of months"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

5+ great years working and growing in an organization that is a leader in Healthcare IT.

Support Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat organization to develop extensive knowledge and experience in Healthcare IT.

ConsCost cutting measures in the past year or so may be contributing to employee disatisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementCost cutting measures are understandable, but understand the true impact cutting costs has on the client experience.

Sales, sales, sales

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsNice office spaces. Very recognizable color scheme for company shirts.

ConsEverything in the company all about short term sales and when they don't happen the development people become the scapegoats. Most of the old values and old leaders are gone. Don't really see people getting promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have some smart, hard working employees who really care about the company. Stop rewarding cronies and pay attention to the good people on the front lines and in the trenches.

Exciting Industry

Pros- Great innovations in the field of healthcare

Cons- Location changes made commutes harder

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoy working for this company

ProsBenefits, PTO, colleagues, opportunities for work

ConsPay scale is less than desireable

Great company to work for.

Database Analyst Senior Principal (Current Employee)
    Chantilly, VA

ProsGenerous benefit and good employee relation.

ConsI spent many hours each day on traffic i.e. cost of transportation

Advice to Senior ManagementWish I can work closer to the customer site in Columbia

I have worked at Allscripts for 9 years and have never been promoted - and I'm not the only one!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsNone, not now. When I began working with this company it was Eclipsys and was a far better company with far better management, far better vision. This is no longer true, not for the past 6 years or so.

ConsNo training - learning is done OJT and baptism by fire

No home office expense reimbursement - they used to reimburse monthly for internet and phone, but now those are paid by the employee

Bonuses are not given - even if you make your targets, which are extraordinarily high targets and they keep getting higher

Employees work in silos.

No work/life balance

No advancement opportunities - unless you are in management and/or reside in India

Pay is far below average for the industry

All that matters is the bottom line

Performance Reviews are a joke

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, as my personal experience has proven they do not listen to any advice

Not What It Seems

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat benefits, fun people, cafeteria onsite, ability to work from home.

ConsThere is always constant change at Allscripts. They are constantly implementing new procedures and new technologies to help "better" the clients when in reality they haven't been tested and mess up everything. Management do absolutely nothing but push employees so they can get their bonuses. They lay off hard workers and don't replace them. Salaries could definitely be better considering the work employees have to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the old vision, the "new" Allscripts may look good to clients but it's causing employees to leave in large numbers.

Used to be great. Terrible now and going towards the wrong direction.

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

ProsYou get great benefits such as health insurance, matched 401k, PTO and more.

ConsSince the organizational change in early 2013, the company is definitely heading in a different direction. The CEO and the president left at the same time. After their departure, every other executive left or were forced out. This dramatically changed the culture of the company and how they do business. The work load is incredibly high and there's little satisfaction. They used to put clients first. However, it's all about how fast they can move their clients through an implementation. There's no room for quality. It's all about speed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your unhappy employees instead of shifting us around and hoping that things would get better.

Great company to work for, if you like to stay busy!

Applications Engineer (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsFriendly people, good benefits, great environments to work in, staff is helpful and always willing to provide training

ConsLots of hours, work seemingly never ending. Deadlines are often hard to meet due to the number of people and teams involved in a project, things rarely are smooth and projects require a lot of hand holding when newer people are involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage deadlines better

The WORST company I've ever worked for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New Hyde Park, NY

ProsNone I can think of. Three years of bullying, gas lighting, unfounded accusations, completely unprofessional conduct and behavior on the part of both management AND coworkers. The performance review is a joke - they'll make up lies about your performance and expect YOU to prove them wrong. Don't even dream of going to HR with a well-documented case of bullying or lack of professionalism. Not only will they not keep your comments confidential - they'll share them with your manager and scheme some way to give you the axe to cover up for deeply psychologically disturbed managers.

I'm glad they fired me.

Conspositions are not at market rate

tuition reimbursement is a joke - they'll refuse to discuss it with you, or give you the necessary time to complete a degree

examples of the inspiring rhetoric of CEO Paul Black at All Hands meetings: "If you can't get it done - LEAVE. We don't want you here." Forgetting, of course, that getting anything done requires team work and the cooperation of management - two things conspicuously absent at Allscripts.

The closest thing to pure evil I can think of. I'm ashamed to have even been part of such an organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back Shapiro, Tullman, et. al. They at least cared about the company, the employees, the shareholders, and their mission.

The company was doing well as Eclipsys - stock price was high, morale was high, and people looked forward to going to work and making a difference.

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allscripts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allscripts CEO Paul Black. All 379 reviews posted anonymously by Allscripts employees.