Allscripts Reviews

Reset
2.8
Allscripts CEO Paul Black
Paul Black

Pros
  • Allows for exceptional work/ life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Certain teams are able to occasionally work from home (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work-life balance despite the 'program du jur' from HR trying to spin otherwise (in 19 reviews)

• Senior management changes it's direction every couple of months (in 17 reviews)

1. Great experience

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, EXCELLENT BENEFITS, Lots of PTO, Great work environment

Cons

Micromanaging, wanting to dedicate weekends tot he job, rude clients, new president doenst care about the employees.

Project Manager at Allscripts

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. My manager was very supportive and my team was always looking out for each other.

Cons

Due to the history of the company growing through mergers and acquisitions, the organization is very dysfunctional. It was often hard to find a product expert and some of their products did not work well with each other.

Technical Consultant

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was able to work remotely when my spouse got relocated, flexible hours.

Cons

I don't see a lot of advancement opportunities, felt kind of stuck.

5. Good company

Current Employee - Associate Manager Development/Test Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Manager Development/Test Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allscripts (More than a year)

Pros

Good learning in Health Care domain, Moving towards Cloud technology. Following the Agile methodology and best quality practices. Good work life balance.

Cons

Nothing major cons. Senior management can expand the foot print in other countries as well. Some of the projects can be customized for various countries.

Be Very Careful

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Good pay and benefits, great co-workers, interesting work in a variety of places, lots of travel.

Cons

Not a very good work/life balance in this position. Also very little opportunity for advancement and some blatant favoritism on the part of managers. Upper management is deaf and overall reactive instead of proactive. People were laid off unexpectedly with no consideration of performance, leaving behind the less competent.

Advice to Management

Pay attention! You had good people but in the interest of making your bottom line look good, you got rid of the wheat and kept the chaff.

Implementation Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Got to travel and see the world, meet new and exciting diverse people. Great benefits with airlines, hotels, and rental cars. Took free vacations with these benefits

Cons

The job stated travel up to 75%. No family life as the travel was 100% not what the job description was. Mangement would never submit to this kind of travel.

Advice to Management

Continious lay offs of good people. It is who you know what type of job you do for the company. Bonuses were tkaen away from the company but management still receives thiers, when the face of the company are the people who are face to face with the clients.

HIGH TURNOVER DUE TO HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can wear jeans to work every day, casual atmosphere

Cons

This place is poorly managed from top to bottom. Mediocre managers with inflated titles are paid top dollar, while hardworking employees are rewarded with low-level titles, low pay, and --- if you work hard and efficiently --- even more work dumped on you after they've run off their latest batch of burned out employees. I have never seen so much turnover and upheaval in my life. People leave because they are underpaid, overworked, undertitled, and unappreciated. Then they are replaced with new hires who they bring in at top dollar, with better titles and salaries that they should have used on the people who left. It's disgusting. I started this job thinking I'd make a career here, but I've decided to look elsewhere for better opportunities. I'll take the hit on my resume. I honestly don't care any more. This place is not likely to turn around any time soon unless they make a massive effort to clean house and get rid of the idiots in charge.

Advice to Management

If you have a lot of turnover in your department and you make a lot of changes that cause previously happy employees to start looking miserable, it's because of bad policies and bad management. Wake up and do something to change things for the little people or you will be left without any workers to manage at all.

Lack of Leadership leads to many empowered people doing their own thing

Current Employee - Sdo in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sdo in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some really smart people here and the vision and mission is actually very cool. Our products are perhaps too many but are in every niche of HIT.

Cons

When you have middle managers who don't want to deliver had news, rank and file are penalized by being asked to work longer and harder. When you have Directors and VPs who don't direct and share vision, then you get dozens of Managers who become empowered to take business in their own hands, in a very unsynchronized manner, often in conflict and competing with similarly motivated, empowered people, pulling the same people in another direction. Call them out on it doesn't help. They just do it under the radar which is worse.

Advice to Management

Reduce the size of management, and hold them accountable to work together. Fire Directors who don't organize their teams in a consistent vision.

Lacks Real Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Depending on your team and your manager being in current political favor, you can have a decent team morale and experience. This is a good place for new college grads needing some experience and those planning on making it their final career stop. Flexibility in schedule if not directly client facing; Some true leaders remain, but are in middle-management so unfortunately things will not be trending positive for Allscripts in the near future.

Cons

See middle-management comment above. Also, while cuts were financially necessary it really is a shame that many quality employees were let go while less than stellar employees remain. High school at its finest. Glad to not have to go into the office everyday.

Advice to Management

The internal employee survey from a couple years ago was clearly a cruel joke. Also, it is expected new management will bring in former peers, but maybe in the future take the time to educate them on the business sector. It's also helpful to acknowledge their ongoing staff attrition rates - usually signals poor leadership when it becomes a common trend.

Application Support Consultant

Former Employee - North Carolina in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - North Carolina in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees were great to work with. Was able to collaborate with various departments to achieve my client satisfaction goals. Management was good.

Cons

Company took away most of the perks of working there. Downsized the company to save money and outsource to India. Disappointing way to run a company.

Advice to Management

Listen to their employees. They have their ear to the customers concerns an are an asset to driving the company forward and providing the best customer service.

RSS Feed </> Embed