Allscripts Reviews

Reset
2.8
Allscripts CEO Paul Black
Paul Black

Pros
  • Allows for exceptional work/ life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Certain teams are able to occasionally work from home (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work-life balance despite the 'program du jur' from HR trying to spin otherwise (in 19 reviews)

• Senior management changes it's direction every couple of months (in 17 reviews)

1. Good Company to work for

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management,Open door policy,Excellent transport facility

Cons

None that i can think of

Great experience

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, EXCELLENT BENEFITS, Lots of PTO, Great work environment

Cons

Micromanaging, wanting to dedicate weekends tot he job, rude clients, new president doenst care about the employees.

Project Manager at Allscripts

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. My manager was very supportive and my team was always looking out for each other.

Cons

Due to the history of the company growing through mergers and acquisitions, the organization is very dysfunctional. It was often hard to find a product expert and some of their products did not work well with each other.

Technical Consultant

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was able to work remotely when my spouse got relocated, flexible hours.

Cons

I don't see a lot of advancement opportunities, felt kind of stuck.

6. Good company

Current Employee - Associate Manager Development/Test Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Manager Development/Test Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allscripts (More than a year)

Pros

Good learning in Health Care domain, Moving towards Cloud technology. Following the Agile methodology and best quality practices. Good work life balance.

Cons

Nothing major cons. Senior management can expand the foot print in other countries as well. Some of the projects can be customized for various countries.

7. mixed bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunities to learn software technologies. some good coworkers

Cons

Multiple Massive layoffs. Unethical management. Lack of concern for the customers. Lack of concern for the well being of their workers.

Be Very Careful

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Good pay and benefits, great co-workers, interesting work in a variety of places, lots of travel.

Cons

Not a very good work/life balance in this position. Also very little opportunity for advancement and some blatant favoritism on the part of managers. Upper management is deaf and overall reactive instead of proactive. People were laid off unexpectedly with no consideration of performance, leaving behind the less competent.

Advice to Management

Pay attention! You had good people but in the interest of making your bottom line look good, you got rid of the wheat and kept the chaff.

Implementation Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Got to travel and see the world, meet new and exciting diverse people. Great benefits with airlines, hotels, and rental cars. Took free vacations with these benefits

Cons

The job stated travel up to 75%. No family life as the travel was 100% not what the job description was. Mangement would never submit to this kind of travel.

Advice to Management

Continious lay offs of good people. It is who you know what type of job you do for the company. Bonuses were tkaen away from the company but management still receives thiers, when the face of the company are the people who are face to face with the clients.

HIGH TURNOVER DUE TO HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can wear jeans to work every day, casual atmosphere

Cons

This place is poorly managed from top to bottom. Mediocre managers with inflated titles are paid top dollar, while hardworking employees are rewarded with low-level titles, low pay, and --- if you work hard and efficiently --- even more work dumped on you after they've run off their latest batch of burned out employees. I have never seen so much turnover and upheaval in my life. People leave because they are underpaid, overworked, undertitled, and unappreciated. Then they are replaced with new hires who they bring in at top dollar, with better titles and salaries that they should have used on the people who left. It's disgusting. I started this job thinking I'd make a career here, but I've decided to look elsewhere for better opportunities. I'll take the hit on my resume. I honestly don't care any more. This place is not likely to turn around any time soon unless they make a massive effort to clean house and get rid of the idiots in charge.

Advice to Management

If you have a lot of turnover in your department and you make a lot of changes that cause previously happy employees to start looking miserable, it's because of bad policies and bad management. Wake up and do something to change things for the little people or you will be left without any workers to manage at all.

Lack of Leadership leads to many empowered people doing their own thing

Current Employee - Sdo in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sdo in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some really smart people here and the vision and mission is actually very cool. Our products are perhaps too many but are in every niche of HIT.

Cons

When you have middle managers who don't want to deliver had news, rank and file are penalized by being asked to work longer and harder. When you have Directors and VPs who don't direct and share vision, then you get dozens of Managers who become empowered to take business in their own hands, in a very unsynchronized manner, often in conflict and competing with similarly motivated, empowered people, pulling the same people in another direction. Call them out on it doesn't help. They just do it under the radar which is worse.

Advice to Management

Reduce the size of management, and hold them accountable to work together. Fire Directors who don't organize their teams in a consistent vision.

RSS Feed </> Embed