Allscripts Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
2.9

Allscripts CEO Paul Black
Paul Black

Pros
  • Work life balance was good until latest management change (in 32 reviews)

• Work from home option (required if implementation consultant) (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining work /life balance caused some employees to seek other job options (in 14 reviews)

• Senior management changes it's direction every couple of months (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't ever thing of this Company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LAY OFFS every where ... Time to update our Resume.
    Only iConnect program 'll be good.
    No Growth
    No Promotions even for Top Performers

Cons

Weekend works, Managers with Bad Attitude
    HR's with NO Response.
    Manager's always on Facebook and screwing employe's life.

No Management in this company.

Don't miss it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Got paid regularly and the checks cleared.

Cons

Constant software development ideology shifts.
    Rampant good 'ole boy politics
    Lack of direction from upper management

A company in decline

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

- Competitive health benefits
    - Competitive paid time off
    - Certain teams are able to occasionally work from home

Cons

- Frequent, drastic organizational changes and layoffs
    - Continued strategy to slowly move a majority of jobs to India
    - India operations have its own set of policies, benefits, advantages, and managers, which often don't align with the U.S.
    - Strong buddy system and favoritism
    - Top priority is to drive down expenses and sell inferior products to increase profits for the stock price, continually at the expense of the product, the service level provided, the client's satisfaction, and the employees' satisfaction.
    - Unmanageable amount of work given to one person
    - Terrible work/life balance
    - No clear direction
    - Very disorganized
    - Poor communication

The majority of the poor decisions affecting this company in a negative manner are made at the executive leadership level. They are completely out of touch with how to balance the interests of its employees, clients, and shareholders. There is no advice they haven't heard and won't listen to, so this would be a waste of time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run Away...Fast

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

No pros, not after my experience

Cons

LAYOFFS EVERYWHERE. DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME! I was laid off with a week's notice. Go apply for a job that treats their employees right and actually has a good product! This company is circling the drain. DONT WORK HERE.

Keep employees in the dark like mushrooms...

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Less than nothing. (had to use 5 words)

Cons

Entire structure of HelpDesk changed, huge meeting regarding changes, yet no org charts, no info available for the employees, it's been 48 hours. The change takes effect in 48 hours. Horrible, bad, dreadful, terrible company. RUN, do not walk.

When you make big changes, perhaps you should involve some people who actually WORK on the HelpDesk.

If you want a dead-end job, Allscripts is the place for you!

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The cafeteria food was really good...pricey, but good! I believe that's about all I have to say...oh, I did come out of this with some great friendships! Ok, that's it really this time!

Cons

Work-life balance is a joke. Certain managers couldn't care less if you have a family, kids or anything else for that matter. Too much cattiness among certain employees. This company is a complete joke and an absolute WASTE of time. They have totally survived off of merger after merger. The clients call in ALL DAY LONG to complain about how terrible the products are and how disorganized this company really is. I received at least 15 calls/day from clients wanting to cancel their accounts with this place.

They treat the employees like crap. The overturn in this company alone is ridiculous. They let people go and pile all of the work on the existing employees. I was doing at least 4 people's jobs while making pennies. RAISES?? WHAT RAISE? Non-existent! They give you a PTO bank equivalent to the # of years you've been with the company. Anytime you are off, it comes out of this bank and if you have kids, expect that bank to go VERY quickly! Once you've hit 0, you can't take any more time off, unless you get approval from your supervisor. They work the employees like dogs. I came back from maternity leave and they threw me in the mail room to lift heavy packages and laughed when I received a shipment of about 30 desktops! AND on top of that the "smart" manager decides that the packages need to be delivered instead of telling all of those lazy employees to come get their own crap!! They would ship rims, ceiling fans, tires, surf boards - whatever they wanted. It wasn't the USPS, but they were allowed to treat it as such!

If you ever get a call from a recruiter or someone in HR about a job here, please think twice. You will regret your decision. The worst decision they made was when the Board of Directors let Glen Tullman go. Paul Black came in and changed a lot of things for the worse!

The managers are a complete joke, no back-bones, didn't discipline employees who were constantly caught at the front desk with their phones while they should have been tending to client's/employee's needs. I've witnessed front desk personnel playing 'Candy Crush' or checking their FB page all day! Terrible. Maybe if you listen to your employees more about all the complaints, you would put a STOP to it.

Try understanding that some people DO HAVE LIVES outside of this place. No, I don't want to come in early and stay late. Try giving your employees better raises instead of handing out $10 gift cards to Target for Christmas. I would rather have one for Wal-Mart anyway!

Try realizing that some things are just not meant for a woman to do. Trying to lift a 100-lb server is not cool! If you wouldn't do it, then what makes you think we want to do it???

Going to Allscripts is a sure way to get you stuck in a RUT!!

Former Employee - Technical Support Consultant  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work environment - you could work from home or work late to get overtime. Good health benefits

Cons

Don't worry if you finish your work they will give you more from others that can't handle it. The software is garbage it breaks all by it self. Make sure "I'm sorry it can't do that" is a part of your normal answers. Make sure you follow there dopey SOP's regardless if they make sense or not.

BUILD A BETTER PRODUCT!! Don't nickel and dime your customers!

Just promises and lies.

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not enough to list but I need to have at least 5 words in this Pros box to submit my review.

Cons

Implementation of new micromanagement rules\regulations. No career advancement. If you expect a raise from this company, you're in the wrong line of work. Removal of after hours\on call pay was a huge mistake made by Paul Black and this company.

If you can see where I'm going with this. It's a dead end job. If you're not part of upper management then you get the shaft.

No advice for management. If they don't listen from questions being asked by their employee's on their own quarterly corporate calls, they wont listen here.

Worst Company Ever!!!

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co Workers are nice, and understand the frustrations with you. Some people get to work from home which is a Pro, while others don't
    Insurance is nice and reasonable

Cons

Pay is based out of North Carolina office and is not geographically allocated to meet each cities pay demands.
    Promotion are non existent.
    Managers are a joke.
    Company is constantly in a lawsuit, therefore clients ask a lot of questions in regards to this.
    The new CEO is a joke all about numbers, doesn't care about any of the employees.

Jump off a bridge.

Worst place to work. A real senseless and stupid senior management.

Former Employee - Tech Support Consultant  in  Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Tech Support Consultant in Pune (India)

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good only in free transport and nice infrastructure. Fair compensation.

Cons

A very poor Senior Management. Full of politics. Your work is not appreciated at all. You are treated like dogs. Personal life becomes hell because of night shift.

Senior management should appreciate every employee. They should not be partial towards any employee. The work of every individual should be appreciated.

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!