Allscripts Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
2.9

Allscripts CEO Paul Black
Paul Black

Pros
  • Work life balance was good until latest management change (in 32 reviews)

• Work from home option (required if implementation consultant) (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Maintaining work /life balance caused some employees to seek other job options (in 14 reviews)

• Senior management changes it's direction every couple of months (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Run Away...Fast

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

No pros, not after my experience

Cons

LAYOFFS EVERYWHERE. DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME! I was laid off with a week's notice. Go apply for a job that treats their employees right and actually has a good product! This company is circling the drain. DONT WORK HERE.

Sense of direction and purpose is lacking.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall this is a nice office to work in. It is a very easy going crowd of people and management is not completely distanced from the workers they manage.

1. Good Benefits for individuals and families.
    2. Relaxed working environment with casual business attire.
    3. Options to work remotely are available.
    4. Yearly salary increases for good work.

Cons

While in the Burlington office things are fairly easy going direction from upper management from the main offices conflict with career growth, job focus and just over all work/life balance. Over the past few years there is a decreasing pool of talent and lack of bodies to replace them. This has increased workloads and decreased resolution times on projects.

1. Increases in moving jobs outside of the country.
    2. Non-existent guidance from HR for career growth.
    3. Work Life Balance has changed to encourage/require more overtime for little to no compensation.

1. Need to increase/balance workforce for critical projects.
    2. Need clear achievable career paths for those that wish to move up.
    3. More available education to further skills and help with career advancement made available to ALL.

A company in decline

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

- Competitive health benefits
    - Competitive paid time off
    - Certain teams are able to occasionally work from home

Cons

- Frequent, drastic organizational changes and layoffs
    - Continued strategy to slowly move a majority of jobs to India
    - India operations have its own set of policies, benefits, advantages, and managers, which often don't align with the U.S.
    - Strong buddy system and favoritism
    - Top priority is to drive down expenses and sell inferior products to increase profits for the stock price, continually at the expense of the product, the service level provided, the client's satisfaction, and the employees' satisfaction.
    - Unmanageable amount of work given to one person
    - Terrible work/life balance
    - No clear direction
    - Very disorganized
    - Poor communication

The majority of the poor decisions affecting this company in a negative manner are made at the executive leadership level. They are completely out of touch with how to balance the interests of its employees, clients, and shareholders. There is no advice they haven't heard and won't listen to, so this would be a waste of time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't miss it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allscripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Got paid regularly and the checks cleared.

Cons

Constant software development ideology shifts.
    Rampant good 'ole boy politics
    Lack of direction from upper management

Work culture is very good

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

work life balance is awesome.

Cons

After releasing consolidation news, the management is not consistent with it's decisions. This has put a lot of confusion and anxiety on employees.

none

Best place I have ever work for.

Current Employee - Clinical Systems Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Life/work balance, professional environment, learning opportunities, benefits, and great management. I worked for Eclipsys back in 2008 and 2009, got laid off them and back again almost two years ago. I cannot ask for anything better than being back again. I missed these guys so much!

Cons

I cannot find anything to say here, at this moment. When there are some negative comments about the management team, I can say I am a very lucky guy. My Manager is awesome and I will work for him at anytime, anywhere. Dennis McIntyre, you rock.

Keep up the good job.

Good experience, lacks leadership

Current Employee - Support Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Support Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allscripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a lot to learn in a short period of time. But, there is a lot of personal growth, opportunity to travel, and learn a lot about healthcare and technology. It is an extremely diverse company. No micro-management.

Health benefits are very good, PTO is decent, no sick time offered, only a limited PTO bank. Business causal dress code.

Cons

There is a sever lack in leadership. My bosses are very nice people, but they do not believe in discipline. On a team of six the group will often times leave the vast majority of work to one person, and management often ignores the pleas of that lone person.

The only development that happens is the development the individual seeks out himself or herself, as there is very little development from a management, or developmental direction provided from management.

Employees do not know how to function as a team, and often time feel entitled. The office works in clicks, which often times leads to resentment. Employees often times display unprofessional behavior and management stands by because they are afraid of drawing a complaint from HR. Some employees are toxic to necessary team building.

No bonus structure, very small pay raises.

Offer better compensation packages, do a better job at developing employees, and work to eliminate the negative employees.

Project Manager

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Good Work life balance, great culture, benefits are great

Cons

Hard to get promoted, Senior Management is not visible

RUN AWAY .. It might help you win a full marathon!!

I have been working at Allscripts full-time

Pros

I joined this company with great expectations and now that I have joined, there is nothing significant to praise it. Some people are smart, some are overwhelmingly obnoxious which kind of balances out each other. Benefits is the only thing I could think worth putting it here.

Cons

An honest piece of advice to people who have been offered a position at Allscripts. Join here only if you are absolutely sure you want to ruin your career and waste your time. Their salary is not competitive at all. You are worth more than they offer, please consider other job offers.

I was assigned to a Manager who had so many people working under him that I was totally lost.

No sense of direction whatsoever!!

Training is non existent and what ever training they offer is absolutely worthless.

Their software is an absolute mess. I am pretty sure a bunch of college graduates can write much better and efficient code than what they have right now. For those who have doubts, please check the reviews here and at their Facebook page.

They have just survived because of mergers and acquisitions.

Promotions and raise???? This is an outright joke here.

You have been warned! Steer away.

Again this is an honest critical review of Allscripts as of now. Nothing has been made up.

Continue to do the same and good honest employees will leave. The exodus has begun.

Great people

I worked at Allscripts for more than 10 years

Pros

The people at Allscripts are great. They are passionate and fun to work with.

Cons

I don't think the company has ever really recovered from all the mergers over the past 6-7 years. There are too many cultures battling it out, and the senior leadership does not really seem keen to get that resolved.

Focus more on your employees and your customers.

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!