Allstate

Allstate Chairman, President, and CEO Thomas J. Wilson II

Thomas J. Wilson II

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Entry level sales job

Insurance Producer (Current Employee)
Boise, ID

I have been working at Allstate

ProsGood company name to back your product. Company has a lot of advertising so customers come in. A lot of products to offer the customers.

ConsCommissions are quite small for most of the producers in the area. Each agency is independently owned so you don't have any benefits package or room for advancement.

Do your Due Diligence before opening an Allstate Agency

Agency Owner (Former Employee)
Boise, ID

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company catagorizes it's agents as "Independent Contractors," or business owners. It is a good learning experience if you strive to be an entreprenuer. Each agency is responsible for hiring, training, and paying their staff (if approved by Home Office.) Highly recommend selling
Allstate as an Independent Agent, not as an Exclusive Agent.

ConsAllstate sets very high agent premium expectations, and if not met, they can terminate your contract. They classify their agents as Independent Contracts, but it only for their financial benefit. Agents can only sell Allstate Products, they own all the policies, if you decide to sell your agency-they have to approve it, they have you sign a 2 yr non-compete contract, they own your phone lines, and they can terminate your contract at anytime. They will hire just about anyone because they are not investing any money, if hired you have to invest your money and sign leases. If they terminate your contract, your still responsible for lease and due to the contract you can not open another agency for 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lowereing commissions and increasing production requirements. Let the agency owners "run" their own business, or classify them as employees. Stop requiring "life insurance, annuity, and variable annuity" premium production as a means to terminate agents contracts. Let agencies own their own phone lines.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings in Boise, ID — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.