Allstate

3.1 1,162 reviews

Allstate Chairman, President, and CEO Thomas J. Wilson II

Thomas J. Wilson II

1,162 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work life balance is ok in some departments and under good managers"
    in 134 reviews
  • "Good benefits including pension and 401K with company match after 3 years"
    in 57 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/Life balance can be tough, especially for single mothers"
    in 18 reviews
  • "upper management likes the best (usually a friend or family member)"
    in 32 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company provides lots of support

ConsIt was hard to balance work life

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have better work life balance.

Solid company, good culture

Strategist (Current Employee)
    Northbrook, IL

ProsGood people, with a good mix of longer term employees and new blood. Pay and perks are generally good. Company trains employees well and has strong processes. Lots of talented people throughout the company. Strong culture of volunteerism and community involvement.

ConsAt times senior management demonstrates a short term view typical of a publicly traded company. That can cause overreaction to challenges. Expense cutting measures not always wisely targeted.

Excellent Career

Exclusive Financial Specialist (EFS) (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsGreat compensation and at one point great Employer

ConsTreated their long term workers ( use to be employees) TERRIBLY!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the long term workers ( use to be employees) with respect. This allows you to keep your job!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent, very nice environment and very supportive associates

Claims Service Adjuster (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsIt is excellent there are may wonderful people the process is simple to understand and education is right on point. management is understanding and have not lost their ability to be friendly and emphetic

Conshave to pay for coffee . that is all. The job is stable and benifits are good

Great company!!

Senior Claims Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat support from management. Work load is reasonable. Great benefits and PTO.

ConsI can't really think of any.

All in all this is a good place to work

Pros1. A lot of time off- I get 23 days vacation after only one year of working there.
    2. Supportive management- If you ever feel like you need help the management is very willing to provide you with the training and resources you need to get the job done right. They are open to employee ideas and are willing to try new suggestions.
    3. Great benefits- first day health insurance, life insurance. You get a health savings account as well as a flex spending account to help cover your health insurance deductible.
    4. Office morale - They very often do give aways or unit outings to different locations as a show of thanks for their employees. They provide food for the entire office every time there is a significant employee milestone, or even if the claim volume is high for a few days.

ConsThe biggest challenge for working here is easily the workload. I often feel that the office is understaffed and as a result it makes it difficult to hit certain targets while balancing more claims that one person can reasonably handle. I will admit they are understanding of mistakes or if something falls through the cracks when the volume is high though.

Another issue is the claims process. There are things they could do it improve the process and while they are open to hear/try new ideas, they sometimes take a very long time to be implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make sure you are giving your employees the resources they need to get the job done right.

Many Opportunities to Grow professionally

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company provides the ability to move to a variety of areas and grow professionally. If you are starting your career here, great place to advance.

ConsEvery department has it's own culture and dependent on the leaders who run that area. Promotion can be easy or very difficult depending on how you are viewed and unfortunately this may not be related to performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company with much potential. Continue to look for continuous improvement and hold your senior leaders accountable to adhering to company HR policies.

Admin in a local office

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Herriman, UT

ProsGreat place to work, mostly because I had a great boss. I didn't know much about upper level management but the owner of the agency I worked for sold it in less than 5 years. Overall I think the company is great to work for, if insurance is your thing.

ConsNot the most exciting job on the planet assisting people with insurance. The owner of my agency was fantastic and that made all the difference in the world. The trainings at corporate were great and they brought in some great speakers for seminars during the course of my employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall very pleased with management. I was compensated well for the position I was in.

Family atmosphere, pay could be better.

Licensed Insurance Sales (Former Employee)
    Danbury, CT

ProsFamily Atmosphere
    Great People
    Friendly Environment
    Provide materials to get licensed
    Very Flexible when it comes to hours

ConsPay could be a little more competitive
    Mostly telemarketing in my experience-takes a specific personality

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company, good culture, keep up the good work, and ease up on the penny pinching from a pay standpoint.

I have enjoyed working at Allstate and it given me beneficial experience to take into my next role.

ProsBenefits, Flexibility, Co-Workers, Work Life Balance

ConsI don't have any Cons to contribute.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All 1,162 reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.