Allsup Reviews

Updated July 16, 2014
Updated July 16, 2014

2.1

Jim Allsup

Started out as a dream, ended as a nightmare.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Allsup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive HR staff, good benefits, employee appreciation week, the best coworkers. I honestly loved working at Allsup. It was a dream come true, I had great coworkers, a supportive manager that saw potential in me. Unfortunately, things changed. The week of the last layoff, employees were panicked and sick. They knew something was happening but didn't know what. Jim Allsup is uninvolved in the company and out of touch with reality.

Cons

Living in fear of posing your job. Morale is about as low as it can get. Upper management spreads rumor and panic.

Cutting the little people obviously isn't working. Take a good, hard look at Director level and above. VP's included. Obviously, after two rounds of layoffs, something else needs to change. Stop unnecessary spending- expensive trips, dinner meetings, Alldup Olympics.

Not what it used to be.

Current Employee - Claims
    Current Employee - Claims

I have been working at Allsup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Co-workers are like your second family.
    Decent benefits and salary, if you are lucky.
    Flex-time in many departments.

Cons

Management who are secretive and insensitive.
    CEO, who lives thousands of miles away, is completely out of the loop.
    Layoffs and furloughs.
    Goal is quantity, not quality; incentives for how many tasks people close.
    Morale still at an all time low.

Be honest with your employees as well as the CEO.

Once great company...unsure of where it is now headed.

I worked at Allsup

Pros

Great co-workers, love to help the customers.

Cons

No longer any growth opportunities. Recent layoffs and furlough days.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Still a very good place to work

I have been working at Allsup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive salary, upward mobility, benefits, facilities, co-workers, management team

Cons

Recent layoffs, CEO is narcissistic

A fine organization that is having problems because of government ineptness and a wrong-headed media.

I have been working at Allsup full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Caliber of people and management. A hard-driving CEO. Excellent 401 (k) program and healthcare benefits.

Cons

The entire disability industry is facing the same problems that Allsup is dealing with. The biggest problem is lack of Congressional funding; primarily due to recent attacks from the media. The WSJ, 60 Minutes and others have blared the news about the crooks in the system. That's just find, but there was not one word in any of the stories about the many, many people who are dying and losing their homes while they wait for the SSA to grant them the insurance benefits they paid for. This is a disgrace for the entire country.

Keep a stiff upper lip. It's difficult these days, but do your best to raise morale.

Will be closed soon

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Belleville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belleville, IL

I have been working at Allsup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers are amazing and willing to help.

Cons

Constant layoffs and furlough days. Management is horrible. They spend money that is way beyond their means. An employee rated at their yearly anniversary date cannot get their associate removed due to the company downsizing.

Fire them all and get real professionals that can run the company.

Sinking Ship

Former Employee - Associate  in  Belleville, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Belleville, IL

I worked at Allsup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good coworkers, opportunities to train in other departments, learn many new skills

Cons

employees spread too thin, company will not last a year or more

Focus on employees and what they're doing right.

BEWARE MARKETING ROBOT COMMENTS!!!!

I have been working at Allsup for more than 5 years

Pros

The only things that are a pro is the healthcare (for now) and proximity to Belleville residents. But hey, I've got a great resume to look for another job, as are most of the remaining employees. Just ask the 150 fired employees and the equal amount of ship jumpers of the last year.

Cons

Too many to name, they have been well covered so far. The pay is abysmal. A delusional CEO at the head, sitting in Scottsdale in his $10 million mansion while everyone else suffers, including the poor claimants. Other inept "leaders" and various yes men (Its a good ole boyz club to be sure, with a few token women) following down the rabbit hole to nothingness. Employee abuse at its finest.

Quit the dizzying info spin. No matter how much you tell us (and the papers) it is the gubment's fault, admit that it is your mismanagement and CEO worship gone wild. Stop manipulating "the almighty numbers" to fit your agenda o the day because in the end, the numbers don't tell the real story and they are your downfall.

Get out while you can

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Allsup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers are great. Benefits are pretty good. That's about it.

Cons

I have never been more miserable. This place is going downhill and fast. I don't know of a single person who is happy here now and in fact most people I know here, myself included, have had to go on some sort of medication to make it through the workday. Morale is terrible, workloads are high, and respect is virtually nonexistent. We are told all the time how great the company is doing and how much we're growing, and then more layoffs happen and are forced to take unpaid time off. Either we are being fed a bunch of lies or...well, we are being fed a bunch of lies. Customer service has always been something Allsup prides itself in and now that's just a joke. There aren't enough people employed to do all of the work answer the calls, leaving people to sit on hold for a long time and be rushed off the phone once finally speaking with someone. Everyone is looking for a way out and leaving and will continue to do so until there is nothing left. I am counting down my days.

Stop putting emphasis on numbers. Being short staffed, the work that will get done will get done. The rest will get done when it can. Unrealistic expectations make people less motivated.

Allsup

Current Employee - Worker  in  Belleville, IL
    Current Employee - Worker in Belleville, IL

I have been working at Allsup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Allsup is located in a good location. There are some nice employees. Some people care for the clients. Decent pay if you're lucky.

Cons

Attrition has been in place for a long time. Massive layoffs in the last 9 months. Very, racist, sexist, greedy and money hungry company that used to care but now all is lost.

Work in your department before you manage it.

Worked for Allsup? Contribute to the Community!