Alltel

Alltel Reviews in Tampa, FL

3.9

Alltel President, CEO, and Director Scott T. Ford
Scott T. Ford

Pros
  • Respect from management, challenging environment , great benefits (in 8 reviews)

• It was just a great place all the way around (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • acquired by Verizon, no longer operating as independent company (in 4 reviews)

• Obviously, a few will probably remain in Little Rock but many will be eliminated (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Satisfying Work Experience

Former Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alltel

Pros

Great Leaders
    High growth company
    Lots of opportunities

Cons

Some political agenda within ranks

None

Great company compared to industry standard.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alltel

Pros

Opportunities are available if you apply yourself. Upper Management knew that including the employee in decision making only improved the company's profit and appeal to customer. Always felt challenged and respected by both peers and management.

Cons

As with any company there is some management that shouldn't be in a position of authority but overall they had excellent leadership that realized when we were getting off track and included the team to get us back on. Long hours, lots of travel, and projects that can be demanding at times and seem unreasonable.

I think we have a tendancy to blame our executives for the outcome of the Verizon buyout. Their primary function was to run a company that produced a profit for the shareholders. I think if anything the miss calculation of the outcome by Golden Sacs maybe could have been avoided but how was anyone to know the events that were to play out in this country. It was a gamble and we lost. If we had a chance to do over I'm not sure the results would be any different.

Alltel Photos