Allyis

www.allyis.com

Allyis Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2014
Allyis – Kirkland – “HR, IT, and Employee Relations Staff”

Chanbir Mann

Great place to work

Prosgreat benefits and work/life balance. Seem to really care about the employees

ConsToo small to compete for business with larger agencies, especially for Microsoft business

Not the same company after buyout

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- They have a good number of opportunities for contractors.
    - Benefits are average for the industry (Microsoft Vendors).
    - Office space is nice.
    - If you don't care about values, benefits, PTO, etc., you probably won't have a problem here.

Cons- The new ownership (Green Infosystems) has brought a strategy and direction that they learned working for large offshore suppliers. Doesn't mesh well with current employees.
    - All the upper and middle management that made Allyis a great place to work and do business with have left or are in the process of leaving. As a result, many of the contractors are as well.
    - They are now a high-cost, set it and forget it shop.

If you have morals and decent values this company is not acceptable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are were some great co-workers.

ConsPoor micromanaging. Lack of transparency. They would rather pay overtime than give another soul a full time job--this should be a crime. This is bringing down our economy's ability to overturn unemployment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people in supervisor and management positions who aren't working at their brownie points all the time, and who focus on efficiency. Managers who encourage people to think creatively and push the envelope of success are always better than ones who are afraid they might lose their job to someone better than himself.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Went from great to horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily friendly people. Good Benefits.

ConsInbred mismanagement. Founders are great but did not surround themselves with good leadership.

After merger, outlook not good

Project Manager (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

Prosalways provided good benefits, local, management always open with workers........except for merger. almighty dollar wins out apparently.

Conscompany acquired in august by offshore vendor who may ruin everything that made company a good place to work including local management, good benefits

Advice to Senior Managementbe careful. company was well known as good place to work. some good people have already left. more could follow.

Great Place to Start, Not a Good Place to Stay

Proswork life balance. Benefits are great. Good opportunities for entry level work.

ConsManagement and team leads are all a "good old boys" club, so groupthink is the norm. Employees are discouraged from interacting with the clients they work for. Instead, they are instructed to go through a ridiculous chain of command for simple issues. Scope of work seems to change on a whim with no logical rationale. Rather than encourage good work, management encourages cronyism and sucking up as metrics to aim for. No room for advancement at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay for good people rather than being cheap and hiring warm bodies off the street. Get rid of aging team "leads" for more innovative, intelligent people.

Great company culture

Copywriter (Current Employee) Kirkland, WA

ProsGreat company culture; great people and flexible work schedule

ConsContract-based clients - so opportunities for advancement are based on that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!!

In my five years with Allyis, I was kept in steady work, and I would have gladly stayed had the budget allowed for it.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThe senior management team truly has the best interests of their employees in mind, and the benefits, work life balance, salaries, and PTO prove that. This is a company that will support you during day-to-day job issues and life crises.

Another positive is the review process and career growth opportunities, both of which are collaborative efforts between employee and manager. Having previously been a Microsoft FTE, I found this very refreshing and actually looked forward to my annual review.

ConsBecause the majority of the contracts come from Microsoft, Allyis is dependent on the budget trends; as goes Microsoft, so goes Allyis. The account management team is working to secure non-Microsoft projects, but for now they're still a Microsoft house.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent with your employees, and devote more resources to securing non-MS projects.

Wonderful people, and involved management that promote a work-life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kirkland, WA

ProsAllyis attracts amazing people who are talented and dedicated. The management is highly communicative, involved, and dedicated to their employees.

ConsSome learning pains in a tough economy, but still a generally positive atmosphere with the promise of growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating!

Allyis really cares about you as a person

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsOne of the things that has impressed me most about Allyis is that they truly do care about you as a person. They are also a very family friendly company and understand the concept of a work/life balance.

ConsBeing a vendor based company it depends heavily on Microsoft to continue using vendors. If for some reason this pipeline were to be cut off (unlikely as that may be) Allyis would have some issues.

Worked for Allyis? Contribute to the Community!