Alma College

4.2

Saundra J. Tracy
1 Rating

Great Organization

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Alma College. I was given a lot of autonomy and trust to do what needed to get done. The staff and management are very relaxed and want people's honest opinions and contributions. This worked out great for me as I am a very self-motivated person. I was able to attend several conferences and build my own schedule. Overall great experience.

Cons

Because some things can be lax, if you're working with someone who isn't self-motivated you might be doing additional work for them. There are not definite consequences for employees who slack.

Make sure personnel policies and procedures are followed and enforced. Make sure your employees are educated on campus policies.

Standard Student Job

Former Employee - Student Assistant  in  Alma, MI
    Former Employee - Student Assistant in Alma, MI

Pros

Willing to work around class schedule, nice supervisors,

Cons

Ridiculously hard to get hired because so many students need the money, minimum wage (and often work required outside standard work hours)

More jobs overall, more opportunities for bonuses

I did work studies at the Alma College Library and Athletic Department.

Pros

Great networking and job experience.

Cons

Nothing currently comes to mind that was negative.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible Student Hours

Former Employee - Dorm Front Desk and Layout Designer for "The Scot"  in  Alma, MI
    Former Employee - Dorm Front Desk and Layout Designer for "The Scot" in Alma, MI

Pros

While a student at Alma College, I was fortunate enough to obtain work study and work part time for the college. Because they know how busy students are, the managers are extremely flexible. Jobs I had while at Alma include Switch/Front Desk for Bruske Hall (I believe this position no longer exists due to the new mail boxes) and Layout Designer for Alma College's yearbook, "The Scot."

Cons

There weren't any downsides when working while at school. I guess the only natural response I have to that is when school work started to get busy, work tended to get in the way. But of course, this can be prevented by planning your schedule accordingly.

Alma is a joke

Current Employee - Admissions  in  Alma, MI
    Current Employee - Admissions in Alma, MI

Pros

Good atmosphere but that is it

Cons

terrible pay, no respect, lies all the time

fire everyone and hire all new people

Worked for Alma College? Contribute to the Community!