Almac Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Almac Group CEO Alan Armstrong

Alan Armstrong

Pros:
  • "Benefits package, gym, food vendor certain days of the week, and some friendly co-workers"
    in 4 reviews
  • "The company itself offers good benefits, access to the gym area, more days than most companies for year"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "I was told at my interview how deeply the company believed in a work life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Work long hours to get things done and you can be paged anytime"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFriendly co-workers, modern facility, good location

ConsLimited career progression opportunities, okay pay

No Management Team

I have been working at Almac Group full-time

ProsCo workers are wonderful people. Benefits are very good as well as the PTO time is approx. 15- 20 days to start.

ConsManagement team lacks intelligence, Production Managers certain Supervisors have no degrees and one has NO experience as Supervisor. Favoritism is out of control, everyone gets the same raise no matter how their work ethic is. Operators are allowed to come to work and sit all night as others around them work hard. Management does NOTHING to write up individuals that deserve it, either for lack of attendance or attitude. Production Supervisors push all work off on Production Coordinators as they explore the internet and their cell phones. Quality has NO POWER and are overridden by upper management. Morale is so low within in Production and more keeps being taken away.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of certain Managers and Supervisors and replace with people that care about their work. Learn to follow your SOPs all the time and not some of the time. Promote people from within that deserve it and not just people that say "yes" or your friends.

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Almac Group full-time

ProsGood culture, management and work load

ConsNot the best benefits, not the worst

Micro Manage me less please....and make some changes

Software Tester (Current Employee)

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPTO, Compensation, People. I believe in the work that I do and that it does contribute to greater good and values that drive the company. Several of my projects have had an impact on human health. CT President is very knowledgeable and is excellent leader and motivator. Very smart people across the company. Future is very bright I think.

ConsLeaders in my department are not role models or people I aspire to be like. Very stale management team from director down to supervisors. My feeling is that they do not trust staff because too many issues get into production and forces them to microscope manage staff with numbers and criticize those who have different ideas. it is frowned upon. My experience tells me that when you have to microscope manage people you lack confidence and in your staff because you need things done your way. Your way isn't working and hasn't since I started. I am uncomfortable talking to management team because my concern is always turned back to what i am doing wrong or not doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate why certain groups are thriving with morale and others not. Make decisions to resolve some of the staleness. I would recommend working for Almac Clinical Technologies if it wasn't within my group. Just my honest opinion. I hope you read this and act.

Great People. Poor Leadership

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Almac Group full-time

ProsCo-workers are friendly and helpful. Benefits are good. Company is growing. New corporate headquarters building with nice office environment.

ConsManagement is unprofessional and lacks knowledge. Bad decision makers. Negative attitude resulting in low morale. People are frustrated and they don't get support. Favoritism is seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open-minded and positive. Help people and reward them. Boost up morale of office culture. Gain knowledge of processes. Be professional and treat everyone the same.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Pleasant coworkers, great team working environment with opportunity to liaise across teams/functions. Client-focused.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Almac Group full-time

ProsGreat client-focused, customer service ethic. Teams of project coordinators and managers work well together to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.

ConsExposure to senior managemen team is very limited, with silos between general management and upper management. More regular small-group meetings with members of upper management would boost morale and job satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementExercise an open-door policy, welcome feedback from all employees regardless of the employee's position/role.

Moving in right direction.

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, great people. Company has seen good growth but career advancement is limited. Good for entry level into industry. Management seems to actually care about you.

ConsLack of leadership. No where to move up. Pay is below average. Work long hours to get things done and you can be paged anytime. Favoritism can be seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with employees day to day. Understand tools.

Good Valued employees who work hard receive little notice but more workload.

Project Specialist (Current Employee)
Souderton, PA

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company itself offers good benefits, access to the gym area, more days than most companies for year.

ConsCT- Poor management, decisions made regarding workload decided before explaining to employees in detail, workload promised to be decreased but never happens, special attention to certain employees and not professional enough, employees do not follow dress code (wearing holes in shirt with stains), managers allow this, pettiness and not enough professionalism across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention more attention to employees who work hard and are less worried about the "popular group" and are there to work. Alan Armstrong should take notice of the department and fix anything possible or more employees will decide to leave for outside positions.

Great place to work, Almac has been a pleasure to work for over the past 8yrs.

I have been working at Almac Group

ProsGreat PTO time, benefits ok, compensation ok.
For the most part co workers are good people. Management does not micro manage. On site gym, lunch caterer a few times a week. Company events on an annual basis. Nice facility.

ConsNone really just distance to travel to new facility.
Management could listen to employees ideas and legitimate complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen a little more to legitimate complaints.

Ok place to work

Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat lunch benefits are good

ConsOk place to work ok

Advice to Senior ManagementOk place to work ok

Worked for Almac Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Almac Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Almac Group CEO Alan Armstrong. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Almac Group employees.