Almac Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Almac Group CEO Alan Armstrong

Alan Armstrong

Pros
  • The company itself offers good benefits, access to the gym area, more days than most companies for year(in 7 reviews)

• Benefits package, gym, food vendor certain days of the week, and some friendly co-workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I was told at my interview how deeply the company believed in a work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Work long hours to get things done and you can be paged anytime(in 5 reviews)

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Almac CT

(Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsGreat co workers and manager
    Plenty of work
    Benefit package is pretty good, lots of PTO and salary is okay.

ConsWorkspace is too open and makes it hard to focus
    Workload can be overwhelming at times
    HR management are unsupportive and rude
    All the good people leave

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove support from other departments

A bad company to work for

Software Developer (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

Extra work expected
    Favoritism for promotions

No Management Team

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsCo workers are wonderful people. Benefits are very good as well as the PTO time is approx. 15- 20 days to start.

ConsManagement team lacks intelligence, Production Managers certain Supervisors have no degrees and one has NO experience as Supervisor. Favoritism is out of control, everyone gets the same raise no matter how their work ethic is. Operators are allowed to come to work and sit all night as others around them work hard. Management does NOTHING to write up individuals that deserve it, either for lack of attendance or attitude. Production Supervisors push all work off on Production Coordinators as they explore the internet and their cell phones. Quality has NO POWER and are overridden by upper management. Morale is so low within in Production and more keeps being taken away.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of certain Managers and Supervisors and replace with people that care about their work. Learn to follow your SOPs all the time and not some of the time. Promote people from within that deserve it and not just people that say "yes" or your friends.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Micro Manage me less please....and make some changes

Software Tester (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsPTO, Compensation, People. I believe in the work that I do and that it does contribute to greater good and values that drive the company. Several of my projects have had an impact on human health. CT President is very knowledgeable and is excellent leader and motivator. Very smart people across the company. Future is very bright I think.

ConsLeaders in my department are not role models or people I aspire to be like. Very stale management team from director down to supervisors. My feeling is that they do not trust staff because too many issues get into production and forces them to microscope manage staff with numbers and criticize those who have different ideas. it is frowned upon. My experience tells me that when you have to microscope manage people you lack confidence and in your staff because you need things done your way. Your way isn't working and hasn't since I started. I am uncomfortable talking to management team because my concern is always turned back to what i am doing wrong or not doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate why certain groups are thriving with morale and others not. Make decisions to resolve some of the staleness. I would recommend working for Almac Clinical Technologies if it wasn't within my group. Just my honest opinion. I hope you read this and act.

Great People. Poor Leadership

Project Manager (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsCo-workers are friendly and helpful. Benefits are good. Company is growing. New corporate headquarters building with nice office environment.

ConsManagement is unprofessional and lacks knowledge. Bad decision makers. Negative attitude resulting in low morale. People are frustrated and they don't get support. Favoritism is seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open-minded and positive. Help people and reward them. Boost up morale of office culture. Gain knowledge of processes. Be professional and treat everyone the same.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Pleasant coworkers, great team working environment with opportunity to liaise across teams/functions. Client-focused.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsGreat client-focused, customer service ethic. Teams of project coordinators and managers work well together to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.

ConsExposure to senior managemen team is very limited, with silos between general management and upper management. More regular small-group meetings with members of upper management would boost morale and job satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementExercise an open-door policy, welcome feedback from all employees regardless of the employee's position/role.

Good Valued employees who work hard receive little notice but more workload.

Project Specialist (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsThe company itself offers good benefits, access to the gym area, more days than most companies for year.

ConsCT- Poor management, decisions made regarding workload decided before explaining to employees in detail, workload promised to be decreased but never happens, special attention to certain employees and not professional enough, employees do not follow dress code (wearing holes in shirt with stains), managers allow this, pettiness and not enough professionalism across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention more attention to employees who work hard and are less worried about the "popular group" and are there to work. Alan Armstrong should take notice of the department and fix anything possible or more employees will decide to leave for outside positions.

Double Standard

Project Specialist (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsGood coworkers who try to help you with your work even though they are overloaded too. Also, good vacation policy even for new people.

ConsJob is very frustrating. Work 10 hours a day and my supervisor still asks me to take more work. meanwhile manager and her boss come in late together, leave early and take two hour lunches. Must be nice. Someone really needs to look at this.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should follow the same standards as employees

No support

Project Specialist (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsGreat time off and benefits package
    Outside catering vendor in cafe three times a week
    On-site gym

ConsTold not to come in weekends, take work home or stay late because it makes you look like you can't manage your time, but you get enough work for a 18-hour day
    Managers are backstabbers
    Frequent turnover due to high stress environment
    Wasting time in too many unnecessary meetings

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your direct reports when they tell you somethings wrong. They are on the front lines not you. And pay them for the work they put in

Favoritism, and Less appreciation for those that work hard

Project Specialist (Current Employee) Souderton, PA

ProsBenefits package, gym, food vendor certain days of the week, and some friendly co-workers

ConsNot much team work but more co-workers trying to get ahead by going to supervisors about petty issues. Hiring too young and feeling like your back in high school dealing with high school issues. Supervisors need to act more professional rather then acting as the young ones friends. There are those employees that take their job seriously and those that don't care. Therefore, the ones that work hard have to micro-manage the employees/babysit those who are make consent errors and just don't care. No matter how long your there, only the "Popular people" more of a raise then those that actually deserve it.
    Overall, This company has much to learn!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at each department, listen to your employees, and make changes before things really fall apart. Stop thinking just about the dollar bills and more about the future of the company.

Worked for Almac Group? Contribute to the Community!