Almost Family

Add Photos

Almost Family Chairman, President, and CEO William B. Yarmuth

William B. Yarmuth

It has been great!

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Lexington-Fayette, KY

ProsI like working with in home patients.

ConsIt has been some long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice for manangement

They really care about their clients.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsFlexible schedules and great pay, The Director really tries to be fair by trying to give everyone some hours, need more cases for work.

ConsNot alot of hours , a little of favoritism to older employees at times. Sometimes good employees get pushed out by not so good employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe benefits need to be tweeked, need PTO and better insurance for their employees.

RUN DONT WALK FROM THIS COMPANY

AE Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsClinical Staff were well trained.

ConsSales/Marketing staff are treated poorly, threatened, and verbally abused by management staff. Upper management and human resources turn a blind eye to the behavior. Pay is about 12,000 under market standards. The referral process is based on a gimmick/marketing ploy of Senior Advocacy to gain straight Medicare referrals. Most locations do not take any other managed care plans at all. What about this says "Senior Advocacy"? Turnover is high among lower staff as well as upper management. No real chance at bonus, because the structure is ridiculously unachievable.

Advice to Senior ManagementA new focus on seniors, a true passion to help all seniors even those with a managed care plans. Be more supportive of your staff that are in the trenches, while you sit in your ivory tower!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lpn/hha

Licensed Practical Nurse Nursing (Former Employee)
    Naples, FL

ProsI received fulltime work 60 to 85 hours per week

Consft until summer then received 10 hours a week

Advice to Senior Managementcut down on the paper work on applying 21 years experience should be enough to say you known what your doing and how to do it

Steer Clear of this employer if you want to keep your sanity

Clinical Manager (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsWeekly paychecks are good as long as they are correct.

ConsNo training, poor Management, expectation to know what the rules are but won't tell you the rules, Management rude and has a huge ego.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. CEO, you should make it mandatory that all staff get trained properly before you give them grief for not knowing what to do. I worked there 1 year and got training 2 days before I left. Does this mean that the upper management realized what mistake they made? Training is everything. Look at the reviews from a few years ago. Same problems and complaints. Nothing will ever change.

The worst company you will ever work for!

Orlando, FL

ProsSome good co-workers trying to make a living. Pays the bills.

ConsNothing is good about this company. The turnover is ridiculous. The Account Executives are treated like crap and let go left and right. They fire and cancel health insurance while employees are in the hospital. If you take this job, you will be miserable within 6 months and it will go down hill from there. For a Health Care company, they are heartless. No, I have not been fired and yes, I am still employed here but like everyone else, I am clawing my way to get out of here. I don't ever write negative things like this, but you could never imaging the crap that goes on with this company. Interviewing?? Run away as fast as you can!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat your employees. Stop working for purely the shareholders. Set achievable goals and PAY THEM, REWARD THEM! Get rid of everyone in Kentucky that has anything to do with corporate decision making.

Executive Leaders Should Reassess for Liability Factors in NEO.

Home Health Aid (Former Employee)
    Ashland, OH

Pros1. Weekly pay even if it was incorrect every time. Most office employee's were impersonal and standoffish.

ConsThis company had lost internal documents related to my hours and my wages, I was never compensated correctly even after I provided my own paperwork. After which they did not give me the correct amount owned for my services and this continued for many more weeks. They gave me some training, but it was inadequate at best. I was rushed into paying thirty dollars for CPR training that only lasted ten minutes. The Registered Nurse (RN) that was performing the test had already signed and completed my test for me before I even arrived. Executive management at the local branch was well aware of this practice and watched the entire process. I felt cheated honestly, because I would of been grateful for some more up to date information in this ever changing field or perhaps some refined techniques at the very least. I was written up multiple times unfairly, write ups and verbal warnings about events that did not even occur on my shift. No investigation by the company is ever really performed into any of the allegations it seems, they tend to have knee jerk reaction as a solution to everything, basically they over react very easily; and most of the time it is at the incorrect person for the incorrect reasons. If you decide to work for this branch watch your back an paychecks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHello, Kentucky Head Quarters
         I would highly recommend that you begin to reassess your local level management in the North East Ohio branch. There are a few bad apples that could use some reevaluation at one of your offices due to poor work ethics and documentation processes. They are a liability to you and your clients. Local management should work towards their own diligence concerning client care plans, complaints and discrepancies. They were very vague about their reasoning of my termination as well. I feel it extends from the local managements inability to correctly communicate with their own employee's. I also would like to just add for the record that I have many letters from clients for recommendations and credentials along with many years of experience in the field.

Not quite family

ProsThere are some really great clients. There is really nothing else good to say about working for this company it has the potential to be something great but that is not what it is concerned about.

ConsPoor pay, unclear expectations, little to no training, abusive managment, no room for growth, obscure bonuses that are impossible to obtain, they strive to provide the least amount of care while pushing for the maximum profit. No raises have been given in several years to any field staff or lower managment. All staff hired PRN but expected to work full time. No mileage paid to HHA's. Nurses paid very low mileage but expected to travel great distances. PRN benifits availible at a cost much higher than is actually made you would have to pay them every week.

Advice to Senior Managementstart at the bottom and work your way up. Without a competive rate of pay it is impossible to find quality field staff without quality field staff you cannot provide quality care. The business would really explode if clients were satisfied with their care and would stay with the company for services. More hospitals and physicians would give the company referrals if they could trust that their patients would recieve the care that they deserve.

Stressful & Unrewarding

ProsWorked with some extremely talented and skilled clinicians who were very dedicated to their patients and their jobs. They loved their jobs & profession and we worked great as a team.

ConsVery disorganized.
    Non updated on technology and equipment.
    SUpplies and equipment unavailable for patient care
    No follow up of problems and issues.
    No employee support system
    Unfair employee practice
    Poor work ethic

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructuring of management
    Improvement & organization of systems
    Improvement of computer systems & update technology
    Establish a employee support system

Great Job

Home Health Aid (Current Employee)
    Edgewood, KY

ProsYou get to pick your hours. Great people to work with.

ConsI have none so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job!

Worked for Almost Family? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Almost Family reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Almost Family CEO William B. Yarmuth. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by Almost Family employees.