Almost Family Reviews

Reset
2.2
Almost Family Chairman and CEO William B. Yarmuth
William B. Yarmuth

Pros
  • There are no PROS with this company (in 4 reviews)

• The workload/paperwork is antiquated (no computers or EMR) for field staff (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no raises, bonuses, or even a Thank you (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is unsupportive of middle management (in 5 reviews)

no support

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

let me think about it

Cons

where to begin, medicare hungry (only referral that counts towards bonus)- no sales leadership in home office- training minimal- always behind in getting materials for marketing- a you figure it out attitude- all about big bonuses for Sr. Leadership and CEO but rarely for field staff - BIG talk LITTLE action- slow to refund expenses and all by paper and mailing etc.. weeks and weeks of waiting for refunds- NO raises for field but BIG raises for CEO and VPs

Advice to Management

treat your people better. why do you think turnover is SO HIGH? Joke!

2. clinical team assistant

I worked at Almost Family full-time

Pros

I liked a few people that worked there maybe one or two higher ups, because they spoke English and I didn't feel like whenever they were talking it was a big secret.

Cons

I was one of the only English speaking office staff which made it difficult to build office relationships. Plus they hired me on from a permanent job then laid me off 4 months later when the slow season hit. The training was sub standard at best. Everyone was too busy to train yet I get laid off because it's slow season? I kept to myself a lot because it was difficult to build relationships,with people that don't include yiu, like your not part of a team because your new. I really disliked going to work and would call off time to time trying to find another job, why go to work and be miserable? I also had to call off because I was truly sick but either way it was like a death sentence to go to work and sit there with nothing to do because the training was basically a handbook with instructions with new acronyms I wasn't aware of. Ask for help and no one had the time to help. Then there was animosity between the Trainer and another girl whom seemed to knkw her stuff and she too felt like all the knowledge was being held secret so that the person with the knowledge had job security.

Advice to Management

Include all of your employees, be honest with them. Make English the primary language in the office. If you don't have the time in that office to train a person properly send them to another office thst does have someone to do that. Also don't go asking for $20 donations towards birthdays and when ofd man's out birthday rolls in only drop like $10 or re gift a Christmas present. And three days after laying off a person if someone quits call the laid off person back rather than have them find the add in the paper so then they call and get told they are welcome to interview for the old position again. If you had a problem with that person staying to themselves take a look around and figure out why. I have seen the same position advertised over and over again for the last year, find a way to keep your employees happy no one wants to go to work miserable.

RN Field

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

They have had some Great Client Service Managers.

Cons

Poor administrator. There is much more to running home health than the paperwork alone. When you only value paperwork the pt care suffers.

Advice to Management

Support your field nurses. Work with them. The authoritarian approach to management is very outdated and creates high turnover. Too many games are played with the field staff, we are professionals and expect professional behavior from management. Office staff behavior is at an 8th grade mentality.

5. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Almost Family (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

no cons at this time

6. OK

Current Employee - Pcm in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Pcm in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are the best ever

Cons

Dishonesty from management needs to be currected

Advice to Management

Tell the truth outright

7. Housekeeping bath Cooking Cleaning dusting

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Akron, OH

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hands on with Clients Love being around People

Cons

Listening too There Problems I am there too do my job

Advice to Management

Love my job Its the best

8. Good experience.

Current Employee - Therapist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Therapist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Almost Family full-time

Pros

There is a good amount of Flexibility
    Pay
    The patients
    Paid mileage

Cons

Paperwork
    Poor communication within management.

Advice to Management

Educate management on better communication techniques on how to handle any type of conflict.

Field RN F/T for 6 years.....can be the best job you ever had or your worst nightmare.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse Case Management Field Staff
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse Case Management Field Staff

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexable hours, one on one patient care, wide variety of patient care. Ability to be autonomous. They do truley care about their patient outcome.

Cons

Pay is based per visit, so once your done with the visit, your done getting paid, so all that other work that is required after you leave thay patients house is uncompensated. A few examples: updates to physicians if requested, faxing and phone calls to family, pharmacy, physicians, reporting to co workers, writting verbal orders that are rediculously long (its more of an sbar report), dropping off paper work, office discharges, making schedules, reviewing plan of care for case management, anytime you need to go in the office, picking up supplies, drive time (they pay mileage, covers gas and wear and tear on vehicle only). I often feel as though I'm working off the clock. The pay is good but you are constantly working, I frequently have to work on my paperwork on days off. Upper management is blind to the amount of work that goes into one visit and can be condescending, unappreciative, single-minded & merciless. If you are not able to stand up for yourself then you will get taken advantage of, and stressed out. THE WORST PART IS THE ON CALL..ITS HORRIBLE! Just know that if your job requires you to be on call for the weekends after you work monday through friday, you most likely will be working 12 straight days. If you had a really bad weekend you might get 1/2 day off the next week if you beg. On call pay for the day is very low! Just an FYI watch your paycheck, otherwise you won't get paid what they owe you. I'm always getting paid the next pay period for something they messed up. Last but not least.....your rate I'd your rate, no such thing as over time even if you work 80 hours.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff, take a look at all the extra work we do and pay us for it..increase the per visit rate or decrease the quota. You need to have on call policies that includes that the office nurses take call (why are they better than us field nusres).... an example, if I do call every 4th weekend and rotate with three other nurses that means that I have 4 days off a month. I love what I do and the area I cover and that is why I am still with the company, I just don't know how much longer I can do it.

Disappointed in management.

Former Employee - Case Coordinator
    Former Employee - Case Coordinator

I worked at Almost Family

Pros

Yes, it was a job with very fair benefits. I really want to believe that corporate does care about the staff and patients. In my experience they seem to.

Cons

The pay was ridiculously low for the amount of work I was expected to do and for the location I worked/lived in. In my experience, I felt I did not have the support from my direct manager or the regional manager. That makes all the difference! It was the negative dynamics within the office I worked out of. Had the feeling people were really out for themselves only. My direct manager was only I intetested in "the numbers". Too bad because in the end it can affect the service.

Advice to Management

Corporate: Keep an eye on how much support the office staff and field staff get from their direct and regional managers on all locations. I believe you care!

11. Staffing service

I worked at Almost Family

Pros

helping others, several cases to choose from

Cons

schedule changes, sometimes at the last minute

Advice to Management

screening process of future candidates could improve

RSS Feed </> Embed