Alorica

Updated November 14, 2014
2.1

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 15 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 29 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Worked hard for every position. Enjoyed the last one in quality.

Former Employee - Quality in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Quality in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed making the team members betters at delivering customer service

Cons

Being able to help every team member.

One who always was there and gave great advice.

You could do a LOT better.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Alorica full-time

Pros

They have paid training. If you are a full time employee you get good benefits.

Cons

The work environment is terrible. You get surveys based on your performance but the customers don't realize and give you failed surveys based on the fact that they are mad at the company. They don't train well enough to prepare you for what you will deal with on the floor. They set unrealistic goals. They criticize when it's not your fault. They make you pay for their greediness by taking shortened lunches. Their bottom line is money. They don't care for their employees, although they try to make it seem like that. We all know the truth.

pay us more! We have earned it. And maybe if you paid us more and actually backed us up with our customer's instead of this iffy stance the majority of the supervisors take, then maybe people would stay. And prepare your new employees for the horrible customers we will end up dealing with. Don't make it seem like it's something else that it's not.

B.s. This place is so disgusting with management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employees were amazing. I got along with everyone and looked forward to seeing everyone at work. Except for management their a joke

Cons

Liars, thief's, high school, unprofessional, this place is a place to go while still looking for what you really want to do

Grow up stop stealing paychecks.

Exchange your talent and desire to help for pennies, time edits, inflexibility, and health problems.

Former Employee - Tier I Tech Support in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Tier I Tech Support in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The co-workers are often like minded, helpful, and in the same situation as yourself, either fired wrongfully from their previous job or in the various situations you will find yourself in colorado springs where it seems the entire city is hell bent on destroying a person's livelihood.

Cons

Management is a bunch of children given authority without proper training. They range from spineless to apathetic to downright evil. (A manager told me " I don't care if their family died in a car accident you will not transfer to ECR" no joke) You will get three different answers from floorwalkers and all three will be wrong. They will manipulate your time worked when a call pushes you beyond your scheduled shift. The building is so old I'm sure theres asbestos in the walls to the point that people have quit due to health concerns and they will not help you change your shift if a life event has occurred.

The company is a parasite that leeches money off of contracts and companies that are too cheap to hire proper. Instead of being paid 14 like what is paid in the contract, you are paid 10. That means that the extra 4 dollars gained each employee will go into the pocket of the con artist that runs this joint.

You will not receive a raise but you'll be promoted and given a 50 cent raise that will not be even worth the responsibility you will take on. A supervisor gets 11.25 SALARIED.

This company is a joke like that of xerox and many other call centers. They will not help you and you are there to make THEM money not yourself and you will not be helping customers you will push them through queues until they are frustrated and hangup but hey you did a good job and made alorica money.

If you care about human beings, customer service, solving problems, and getting paid for your time worked, stay away from this pit.

If you couldn't care less about your fellow man and get off on causing problems for human beings then this is for you and you will enjoy paying for it.

Honestly your company is so far gone there is no hope for reform and you are the scourge of this earth. You do not care and accept your business as cohesive. My advice to you is to get out of this town for good and stop preying on those who are down on their luck.

Interim Supervisor

Current Employee - Interim Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Interim Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours of work a week
    Unlimited Phone Overtime
    Friendly Environment
    Quick Promotions

Cons

Stressful environment
    Lots of escalations
    Sometimes Unorganized

Pay raises when promoting
    Keep eye on Floor Support

Alorica Response

Oct 29, 2014HR Coordinator

Thank you for your candid feedback; it will certainly help to support us in our efforts to improve the overall employee experience here at Alorica! Your anonymous comments will be shared with our ... More

care nothing about their employees

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

hire anybody
    pay is ok
    unlimited overtime

Cons

hostile work environment
    favoritism
    not everyone is held to the same standards

work to better your employees not just treat them like they are disposable

Dissatisfied

Current Employee - Training Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Training Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing good to say about this place

Cons

I don't know where to start with this company

sinking ship

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

90% of the ppl you work with are great ppl and very supportive, almost like a second family .breaks and hour lunch if your not a smoker are set up just right.

Cons

the best ppl and managers who care about us the csr s get fired, unrest, nevativity nd gossip. getting harder to pump myself up everyday

get more training. its not a social event its a job. take escalations for reals. don't just scream at the customers.. we get the fail, you don't right?

In bound-Phone Company: Phone Agent for ScoreSense

Former Employee - Phone Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Phone Agent in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alorica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Got paid $10.00 an hour for a phone agent handling irate customers, but at least there is no heavy lifting like there is in manufacturing

Cons

Having to deal with mean, loud, cursing, and irate customers on an everyday basis. This job entails that you save customers from canceling their credit report memberships. Management picks "favorites" to promote, and if you are not apart of the "click" then you will either get terminated, or will never get promoted. Hours are not flexible, and benefits are not that great.

Management should not pressure their team members to meet quotas, and stop using favoritism to promote from within

If you like to work under pressure...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative, Team Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is nothing about my experience that I could possibly call a "pro," besides the few people I met and kept in contact with.

Cons

In my first weeks of training, it took a month for me to receive my first paycheck, and no one seemed to know what was going on. Like most call centers, the trainers talked the company up, but it didn't take long to see the horrible management and no leadership, whatsoever. Employees were just numbers. Training lacked vital information needed to conduct phone calls, and you were "lucky" if you're equipment worked. There was no consistency in policy, operating procedure and especially disciplinary action. It was a political, popularity contest and it was a relief when I left.

To my knowledge, the managers I worked for are no longer there, but I still hear horror stories from former coworkers. Advice can be taken from what I've said above.