Alorica

Alorica Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Alorica CEO Andy Lee

Andy Lee

Pros
  • There is opportunity for advancement(in 7 reviews)

• 40 hours guaranteed plus opportunity for overtime(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California(in 27 reviews)

• Unprofessional work environment and work culture(in 10 reviews)

Not satisfied with the experience and stress

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsOnsite cafeteria was the best and everyone looked forward to breakfast and lunch

ConsThe training department staff was unprofessional and too much information to learn for the level of pay. The employee parking was off site so we had to leave our cars about 2miles away and ride a bus into work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more professional training staff that don't curse at the new hires or degrade them

Sales Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsCommissions and Bonuses compensate for hourly base.

ConsManagement doesn't really care for their agents.

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

Pros9.00 hr to train for 5 weeks

Constwo tap rules means something bad

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My Experience in a Revolving Door.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsPros are easy. Guaranteed 40+ hours a week, no real dress code, and the work isn't the hardest. It's something that takes a while to pick up, but if you actually want to do customer service, it's fulfilling.

ConsUnlike other jobs, you sit in a chair for 8+ hours a day, they can decide that instead of a scheduled hour for lunch, last minute they tell you to take a half, FORCED OVERTIME was a thing, very inconvenient. In no way did they make you feel needed, you are literally just a set of numbers to them. They hire weekly, and you can see why, my hiring group ended up dropping from 25 people to 4 before I left as well. None of them still work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe allow for a decent amount of sick time. With forced overtime, we cover all the available hours. But at the same time, having almost no time off makes sick people ave to come in to save their jobs, which gets everyone sick.

It fills the void

Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) Jacksonville, NC

ProsFlexible opportunities for school, education reimbursement program, Good Bonus when qualifies.

ConsLack of opportunity for promotions, Difficult to get reimbursed for education, High rate of turnover for junior employees, Lack of empathy for those in the trenches, bonuses are difficult to meet metric, Lack of technological advances.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the value of your employees. They are the ones that will bring the clients in and keep them around. Get up to date with the rest of the world in terms of technology.

Alorica gave me useful knowledge of how to fix problems with my electronics at home.

Customer Service Representative Agent (Former Employee) Clovis, CA

ProsI liked working at Alorica because I was able to make my own schedule, learn a great deal about this digital era we're in and I love talking to people all over the country including Canada.

ConsAt the site I worked for in Clovis, CA some of the higher ups let their position go to their head, and I don't like the fact that when the company lost the account I was working on and sold the company they weren't up front about the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that when your management team tells employee's that they have an open door policy that it swings both ways.

OKAY Job

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsUnlimited overtime, lousy bosses , you can do whatever you want

Consthey dont pay you enough for the amount of work you do

Review of Alorica

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Jacksonville, NC

ProsThe pay is decent. 10.00 an hour for American Express and 9.50 + commission for DirecTV. Training is very good. Will have you prepared for the job when done with training

ConsBoring job overall. If you enjoy sitting in the same seat for 8 hours at a time this is the job for you. Not really challenging unless you are a team leader or higher position. Scheduling is often bad.

Horrible, not worth it

Mover (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat coworkers, hours, and makeup/ot

Cons1. Disgusting work enviroment, it looks like nothing has been cleaned in months 2. Terrible upper management, don't help most of the time and treat you like a number 3. Sucks the life out of you, no work life balance at all

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being all high and mighty and help your fellow co-workers

Terrible enlightening experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsConsistent hours is the only pro I have to offer to this company

ConsUnprofessional staff who encourage lying to customers or transferring to different departments in order to make sure you don't give out too much money or make any extra effort for customers WHO'VE CLEARLY BEEN WRONGED. They only care about the bottom line which is understandable if they were reinvesting the money in the company or it's employees but they aren't. The pay is minimal and even supervisors can barely make ends meet and there are no yearly raises or incentives. They force mandatory over time and are just starting to fully compensate their employees for it thanks to a million dollar lawsuit. They do everything to cut costs including stopping payroll when their outdated system isn't working and they even stopped printing pay stubs if you have direct deposit. They promised we could access them online but weren't willing to invest the time and money to get that running so they make us print them out on site ourselves that is if we ask. Funny thing about the crappy system they had a better one for months but refused to take time to train us on them because they can't make money while we're training. When they finally took the time out it was a 1 day 4 hour training with 100 people to a classroom so we had to share computers meaning we didn't have the chance to navigate it before using it on a call AND the trainer had NO idea how to use it so basically we wasted 5 hours and had to ultimately learn it whole on calls. You can imagine how many frustrated customers got transferred this month.
    When you get hired they sell you a dream about helping people and generally caring for customer concern will get you ahead, because customers will love you and pass your after call surveys when shows you're committed to customer service and you'll advance. What they don't tell you until you get on the phones is survey is king and that's how the company makes money. So bottem line keep calls short so you can answer more. If you can't fix a problem lie to a customer so they think everything's alright so they pass your survey, and if customer' s not buying your fib transfer them to another department so if they take a survey it doesn't fall on you. If you cant take enough calls, take your system doen and tell the customer were going through "scheduled repairs" so theu have to call back and you can burn through calls faster. Oh and if a customer wants to disconnect their account you get docked if you do it so management encourages suspending it and telling the customer it's disconnected. Customer won't realise it because until it automatically reconnected 3 months later and they start getting billed again.
    I know it's a lot to read and I'm not even a disgruntled employee, I'm just really disappointed in their business practices. That's why there's such a high turnover rate, and I'm definitely apart of it. Currently looking for another form of employment. Thanks for the experience Alorica.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with a bit more respect. It's hard for us to actually care about customers when we're working 40 hours a week and can barely make ends meet, don't insult us with surveys and emails on how to raise company morale if you don't make a raise one of the options. If you want us to care about our job and the amount of crap that we have to put up with compensate us for the time we are there. You get low quality employees because of your low quality pay. And if your really trying to find the source of all the shady stuff that's going on on the phones, check your suporvisors because they're encouraging it. And your QA department needs to be fired as well, because they hear shady stuff daily and don't report it. I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. And we know youre making a ridiculous amount of money, reinvest it in your company and your employees.

Worked for Alorica? Contribute to the Community!