Alorica Reviews in Kennesaw, GA

Updated October 4, 2014
2.1

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 15 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 29 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

45 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

OKAY Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unlimited overtime, lousy bosses , you can do whatever you want

Cons

they dont pay you enough for the amount of work you do

Alorica-The New Third World

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In the heat of desperation, you can get hired on the spot.

Cons

It's hard to stay quiet when you are being used while working for pennies on the dollar - $9/hr. The expectations are equal to jobs that pay $12-$15 min. The population is 99% Af-Am workers. I believe this is intentional as most potential employees fill out the stats supposedly used for reasons other than hiring. Of course, it is unprofessional and since Supervisors are paid $13/hr you can't expect more. It's a disgrace and truly may be classified as slave labor.

After training, you are thrown out on the floor (nesting) and promised you will get all the support you need. But that changes the first day. Customers can be on hold, your hand raised for assistance, while you are literally being ignored while the help is deeply involved in conversation you can hear that is totally unrelated to work. You will not have a place to lock your belongings, so you either take a risk of losing your property or walk around with it all day (purse, lunch, jacket). In the short period of time I worked there, property was stolen from me and another major incident took place that involved the police. You must park your car off site and get shuttled in/out, therefore, you are stuck at the camp until 6pm. This is extremely stressful for parents with children in cases of emergency. They use on site parking as an incentive for working there after 6mos, if you last that long.

The worst is, rather than pay a decent salary, they use overtime as the incentive, meaning in order to make a decent salary, you would have to work an additional 20 hours/per week, since overtime pays a whopping $4.50/hr. The business model of this company is based on greed. Rather than paying a decent salary to attract/keep quality workers, they run a constant process of hiring/training....it never stops because people leave as quickly as they come in. It is by far the most disgraceful place of employment I have worked and should be investigated closely for their unethical practices. I actually had to do a self-assessment as to why I allowed myself to stoop this low.

I speak only the truth with intentions of helping others. I wished someone warned me. By the way, thank God I was dismissed. The excuse used for dismissal was that I muttered profanity to myself, while my customer was on hold, which is not allowed on the premises. I get it, but not only is profanity 2nd language at Alorica and my first and only incident, it was an utterance "to myself" while losing patience when being ignored when I needed assistance.

Here's how it works. Surveys are the tool they use as a measurement for success. A score of 8-10 defines success. In my first week all of my surveys scored a perfect 10 (extremely commendable), except the one that scored a 5. A score of 5 means the call has to be reviewed by the supervisor. This is when they heard the remark I made to myself. If you ask me, it was an invasion of my privacy. Can you imagine how many excuses I had to make to the customer while waiting for assistance, since you have to check in every 30 seconds, and they wonder why I was frustrated! However, they never asked my side of the story or even considered giving me a warning. They were just waiting for me to slip up, because I know I was too much. I had no problem addressing the lack of professionalism. Some folks just need to be told. I would have had more respect if they were honest.....meaning that I was too professional and vocal to work in that environment, which posed a major threat to the way they conduct business. Employees that pose a non-threat are rehired after dismissal. SMH. It was truly hard to work while hearing on a daily basis everyone's exit plan and watching them walk out the door while everyone else was hoping they were next. They did me a big favor, because I don't believe in quitting, so I know I would have stayed until I subconsciously did something to be dismissed.

Management is encouraged to give a little speech about their journey to management. lol. What's funny is that one honest employee stressed how important it is to keep looking. Hint, hint! A lot of management staff are unhappy as well, therefore, they learned to do only what they have to, at minimum, so you can't be too mad when they don't provide you with assistance when on the phone. My advice is to have more faith in finding the right job, and get out asap. You do not want to put Alorica (formerly Ryla) on your resume! It may hurt your chances of getting the job you really deserve.

Why do I still work here!

Current Employee - Team Lead in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement in skill set ( management), Easy to move up, personal growth, steady pay check, fun if you like your coworkers. Meeting new people, great networking opportunities.

Cons

No raises. How do you expect to keep quality people if it is not financially rewarding to stay employed. I was promoted to management and was offered a salary less than my wedge as an agent. Upper management is clueless. They have no idea how to relate to staff members. The ego of people who rise is insane. Everyone is under paid. Team manager 24,000, Operation manager 35,000. Agents $9. The only person making bank is the site director over 100,000. Unprofessional is the way of the land. Team managers are lazy and only do enough to get by. Can't blame them, they are equally mistreated. Unorganized, everyone has their own agenda.
    I have been to meetings where the site director has told managers if they don't Like how things are running to leave and she will help you find another job. Nobody care because we are here just to get a check.

If you care about your business, invest it your people!

High Expectations

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Location. I worked for Alorica in Kennesaw, GA and the location was close to malls & plenty of eating establishments.

Cons

Low pay, high expectations for sales goals, poorly staffed & operated.

Pay for what you're expecting.

Hard labor, flat $9 pay, employees unappreciated.

Former Employee - Telesales in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Telesales in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits. In this economy, be glad you have a job.

Cons

Flexible long hours. While you are at work, forget you have a life. Phones not allowed to be used in the bathroom while you are on break, you will be fired on the spot. Training hours are chose by Management, it can be 9am to 5pm if you are lucky, but mostly 4.30pm to 1.00am.

Management lack leadership qualities, why? Because they make only a dollar more than their subordinates $10. Advice to Management is to treat their employees with respect and not take their frustration out on them. Everyone is their to make a living for survival

life changing

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

location easy to find right off highway I 75

Cons

no benefits, salary poor not competitive at all

It's a job.

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get paid, it will help out with the bills. Sometimes they offer overtime. Easy to get the job.

Cons

They show favoritism. They say you can advance in the company but the picks are not fair. You have to know someone to move up. There is no flexibility there, you get your shift bids and you have to live with out. Pay is low 9./hr for the work load. You're just a number to them as fast as you get hired, you can get replaced.

Treat everyone the same. Pay more, and be more flexible with your employees! STOP TREATING EVERYONE LIKE A NUMBER!!

"Unattractive work environment "

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job doesn't require physical activity, you will be sitting on your cubicle during your whole shift. Opportunity for advancement if you're able to stand the job for more than 6 months. Overtime opportunity.

Cons

Benefit package is awful. Then if they tell you to grab a candy, make sure you grab one candy not 2, their building morale techniques don't help much. High turnover, every day you start your shift thinking this may be the day you will walk out without a job. Supervisors remind you every day why you can get fire, and at any moment. Zero freedom on decision making, you'll do exactly what they say if you want to keep the job. No vacations, irregular hours, there are small designated areas to talk/use electronic devices/eat.
    You've to take a shuttle in order to get to the parking lot of the majority of employees, which is ridiculous since it can make you late for work.

Threat people like people and add decent benefits to create incentive to stay there for months not weeks and deal with build morale to make it look like a job not slavery.

Very stressful and hectic work environment. Too much movement!

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are looking for a full time position with 40 hours a week, plus over time, then this would be a perfect match. This company does offer some benefits. Very good training classes.

Cons

This company is very unorganized. Worked there at least 60 days without a supervisor. If you have a family, forget out about flexible scheduling. There are not many shifts available. Pay vs, work were not equal.

Not satisfied with the experience and stress

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Onsite cafeteria was the best and everyone looked forward to breakfast and lunch

Cons

The training department staff was unprofessional and too much information to learn for the level of pay. The employee parking was off site so we had to leave our cars about 2miles away and ride a bus into work.

Hire more professional training staff that don't curse at the new hires or degrade them