Alorica Reviews

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

1. Great place to start your career

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

caring leadership, extensive training, easy job, almost unlimited overtime, bonus program, if you do your job it is easy to get promoted

Cons

pay is low but more than fast food or retail

You need people in workforce management that know what they are doing. Fix the problems with Cisco and headsets.

Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

You can always get a job even with little or no experience.

Cons

Unorganized, Don't invest in employees, overworked for little pay.

Train better and invest in quality employees instead of always having tons on new hires all the time.

3. Good For Paying Bills, Not a Professional Place

I worked at Alorica

Pros

It is really easy to get hired by this company. The interviews were real laid back. If you need a quick check, this is the place. You will have fun with your co-workers from time to time and you will somewhat have a financially secured job, but the pay will be low. It's not that bad of a company, just needs improvement.

Cons

They do not celebrate MLK day. There is little room for promotion. It depends on who likes you.This is the business that Alorica is in. They have several contracts with thousands of companies. The idea is to pay their employees minimum salary so that they can keep majority of the money. You will only go as far as people like you, but if you are a people person, you shouldn't have any issues getting promoted.

Stop black balling certain people just because you don't like them. Stop giving power to certain Team Managers to make Hiring Managers decisions. Promote people based on their talents and not if they can be somebody that you can get over on.

5. Cool

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I liked the casual dress and music.

Cons

I would rather not list any.

Better communication about protocol.

It's a job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get paid, well maybe .

Cons

Disorganized, unprofessional, very strict, everyone is extremely underpaid

You get what u pay for. If u continue to pay people $9 an hour to do a $14+ an hour job, then you're gonna get $9 an hour results.

7. Rewarding yet challenging

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When your performance meets company standards you can remain under the radar. Shifts go by smoothly, you keep your job and the work environment is relaxed most of the time. When your performance meets company standards you are respected by management and treated with a lot of flexibility and open-mindedness.

Cons

Your work schedule is subject to change without very much notice to meet company needs rather than your own. This is not limited to a few but affect all employees as a whole. Sudden changes usually come in the form of reduced break times or extensions to scheduled work times such as possibly having to work longer shifts when call volumes are higher than usual. Permanent increases to salary do not happen but rather increased pay come in the form of access to unlimited overtime when your stats meet company standards. Otherwise,you can expect to keep the same pay-rate you started with.

Consider diversity training. Do not be afraid to work shoulder to shoulder with people from other ethnic backgrounds. Most upper management are from one ethnic group while lower management are from another. Its archaic and its time to modernize.

8. I liked the growing experience.

I worked at Alorica

Pros

Intensive training to insure all employees know all products and company system in and out. Great people to work with including team members, management (upper management was alright too). A very good support system was set up to help everyone.

Cons

PPI's were ridiculous and nearly impossible to stay within. Threat of being fired always was held over employees heads. No part-time positions were available, no shift swaps, requested days off were usually denied.

. . . Empty promises. I literally only seen one person move up even though many people had great work results and were promised higher positions (at least when I was there).

alorica

I worked at Alorica

Pros

incentives are okay but not great. flexible for college student

Cons

Horrible company to work for. They will find any little loop hole to get over

Too concerned about profit, not enough concern for employees

Current Employee - Trainer in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Trainer in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Alorica provides a high likelihood that you will be able to move up. There were also numerous travel opportunities and a huge opportunity to grow your resume by working in many different departments in a short amount of time.

Cons

Beware of salary and fairness of compensation. Alorica salary is NEVER competitive. They promote from within so that they can pay applicants less then industry standard or the experienced external candidate. They pay trainers and managers 24-26K regardless of location. All agents make $9.00 per hour. The company DOES NOT DO RAISES or annual performance reviews. They simply do not pay enough to get by and not nearly enough for the amount of work you will be expected to do. They maximize their profits by running on skeleton crews for management at all times and require every person to do the work of 2-3. If you are a salary employee, good luck. You'll be expected to work a minimum of 60 hours per week. They will continuously add more things to your plate until you become overwhelmed. They also have an EXTREMELY high rate of turnover in all positions. I've never seen an HR manager in ANY site last for more than 1 year. Once you see the sketchy way they handle their employees and the unfair salaries they offer, and their unrealistic performance demands, HR managers get disgusted and quit.

Seriously revise your payscale and workload. You need double the ratio of leadership to reps that you have now in all your sites. Never, ever, ever open a site in a large city such as Atlanta if you are unwilling to pay an offset for a much increased cost of living in comparison to the sites you have in much smaller cities.

Alorica-The New Third World

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In the heat of desperation, you can get hired on the spot.

Cons

It's hard to stay quiet when you are being used while working for pennies on the dollar - $9/hr. The expectations are equal to jobs that pay $12-$15 min. The population is 99% Af-Am workers. I believe this is intentional as most potential employees fill out the stats supposedly used for reasons other than hiring. Of course, it is unprofessional and since Supervisors are paid $13/hr you can't expect more. It's a disgrace and truly may be classified as slave labor.

After training, you are thrown out on the floor (nesting) and promised you will get all the support you need. But that changes the first day. Customers can be on hold, your hand raised for assistance, while you are literally being ignored while the help is deeply involved in conversation you can hear that is totally unrelated to work. You will not have a place to lock your belongings, so you either take a risk of losing your property or walk around with it all day (purse, lunch, jacket). In the short period of time I worked there, property was stolen from me and another major incident took place that involved the police. You must park your car off site and get shuttled in/out, therefore, you are stuck at the camp until 6pm. This is extremely stressful for parents with children in cases of emergency. They use on site parking as an incentive for working there after 6mos, if you last that long.

The worst is, rather than pay a decent salary, they use overtime as the incentive, meaning in order to make a decent salary, you would have to work an additional 20 hours/per week, since overtime pays a whopping $4.50/hr. The business model of this company is based on greed. Rather than paying a decent salary to attract/keep quality workers, they run a constant process of hiring/training....it never stops because people leave as quickly as they come in. It is by far the most disgraceful place of employment I have worked and should be investigated closely for their unethical practices. I actually had to do a self-assessment as to why I allowed myself to stoop this low.

I speak only the truth with intentions of helping others. I wished someone warned me. By the way, thank God I was dismissed. The excuse used for dismissal was that I muttered profanity to myself, while my customer was on hold, which is not allowed on the premises. I get it, but not only is profanity 2nd language at Alorica and my first and only incident, it was an utterance "to myself" while losing patience when being ignored when I needed assistance.

Here's how it works. Surveys are the tool they use as a measurement for success. A score of 8-10 defines success. In my first week all of my surveys scored a perfect 10 (extremely commendable), except the one that scored a 5. A score of 5 means the call has to be reviewed by the supervisor. This is when they heard the remark I made to myself. If you ask me, it was an invasion of my privacy. Can you imagine how many excuses I had to make to the customer while waiting for assistance, since you have to check in every 30 seconds, and they wonder why I was frustrated! However, they never asked my side of the story or even considered giving me a warning. They were just waiting for me to slip up, because I know I was too much. I had no problem addressing the lack of professionalism. Some folks just need to be told. I would have had more respect if they were honest.....meaning that I was too professional and vocal to work in that environment, which posed a major threat to the way they conduct business. Employees that pose a non-threat are rehired after dismissal. SMH. It was truly hard to work while hearing on a daily basis everyone's exit plan and watching them walk out the door while everyone else was hoping they were next. They did me a big favor, because I don't believe in quitting, so I know I would have stayed until I subconsciously did something to be dismissed.

Management is encouraged to give a little speech about their journey to management. lol. What's funny is that one honest employee stressed how important it is to keep looking. Hint, hint! A lot of management staff are unhappy as well, therefore, they learned to do only what they have to, at minimum, so you can't be too mad when they don't provide you with assistance when on the phone. My advice is to have more faith in finding the right job, and get out asap. You do not want to put Alorica (formerly Ryla) on your resume! It may hurt your chances of getting the job you really deserve.