Alorica

Updated September 10, 2014
2.0

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 17 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 33 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Take it as you will!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Mifflin, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Mifflin, PA

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very close to home. a lot of interaction with customers

Cons

always felt like working there you was on pins and needles

Give warnings for first time offensives. Make sure before releasing a worker without cause, make sure it's a reasonable reason to do so.

Went downhill

Former Employee - Membership Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Membership Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Alorica (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sales bonuses were great. Comission per account

Cons

Bonuses were minimal when accounts were closed automatically

Management could have been more helpful

Alorica High School the place is a joke!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Mifflin, PA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours
    Referral payouts
    Daylight shifts

Cons

Oh my, where to start? All the management is on power trips. Higher management lies to people's faces then repromoted someone who was already demoted and has a criminal record. It's full of false promises for advancement opportunities and incentives. The pay stinks a lousy 3% raise once a year ugh. They micromanage half the time because they hire imbisils who shouldn't even be working in customer service because they act too unprofessional and make mistakes. If you try to voice your concerns on matterrs to managers in private you get told you're being insubordinate because you correct the words they're putting in your mouth. Also, people are very petty such as other employees and management talk about people behind their backs and are two faced.I dread having to go to work and can't wait to be hired elsewhere so I can leave. The benefits stink too and don't even meet requirements to not be charged healthcare penalty therefore forcing employees to get obamacare instead.

Pull the sticks out of your butts and care about people instead of only the ones who suck up to you since apparently that's the only way to progress in the company. Also, set higher standards for when your recruiters hire people and keep the ghetto unprofessional people out. Please, please realize that we are all people and treat us as such. Be honest and don't tell agents information they aren't supposed to know considering that's breaking the confidentiality policy which I am a witness to because I'm one of those people who know a lot that I shouldn't which with the info I know in the wrong person's knowledge could easier cost you your job. And most importantly LEARN THE MEANING OF PROFESSIONALISM!!!! The place is lacking.

Is okay... Ish.

Former Employee - Inbound Retention/Customer Service Inside Sales in West Mifflin, PA

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many different accounts. If the account you work for leaves the company, they will try to relocate you to a different account. See more about this in the cons...
    Caring upper management, if you luck into the right account.

Cons

Funneling employees into the biggest account with the highest turn-over.
    Unrealistic expectations of employees.
    One manager will often tell you one thing, and the next manager you speak to will tell you something completely different.

When someone tells you they are having problems because of the people around them, listen. Also, get your stories straight. Don't tell someone they can apply to a different position if you know they don't meet the requirements.

Poor upper management

Former Employee - Manager in West Mifflin, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in West Mifflin, PA

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good entry level customer service if you have little to no experience.

Cons

Pay and HR policies are designed to drive people away before they are eligible for benefits, There training is bare minimum due to the planned high turnover rate.

Stop lying to your clients about the quality of service that they are getting.

Great peers - upper management sucks.

Current Employee - Team Manager in West Mifflin, PA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love my peers and those i work with intimately every day.

Cons

The pay sucks, Upper management is unresponsive unless of course they feel you should be doing more.

Recognize that your TM's are under paid and over worked.

It's a job...not the best, not the worst

Current Employee - Team Manager in West Mifflin, PA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Environment is like family with senior level managers who care, your're recognized for you hard work when consistently meeting or exceeding goals.

Cons

Low grade of pay, benefits are below industry standard in comparison to other companies, for some reason this place attracts some folks with the worst work ethic I've ever seen anywhere.

Do something to make the benefits more competitive with other companies, do random drug tests, get feedback from your employees on a regular (quarterly) basis.

I grew, and they shrunk

Current Employee - Tier II Tech Support in West Mifflin, PA
    Current Employee - Tier II Tech Support in West Mifflin, PA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with, I even liked some of the upper management. The hours weren't bad, and the location was good for me. The pay was about average. It was a fairly stable work place, and there was little drama if you avoided it. This would be a great short term employment for someone who is looking for something to tide them over and then move on. Some accounts offer bonuses for really silly things like attendance and break times.

Cons

First off, the health benefits were outrageous. To cover me and my family, it cost almost as much as another paycheck a month. Also since it is account based, if the account solves the problem, or doesn't produce well enough, it goes away. The salary caps aren't a problem unless you are a long term (5+ years) employee, but then the increasing cost of health benefits outweigh any additional money you could earn. It really is typical call center, things would change just to make it uncomfortable for long term employees. Also if your account was higher paid and you go to another, your pay may be downgraded as well (which is what caused me to leave). There is little to no advancement opportunities.

Get better health insurance, up the salary caps, and let people keep their pay rates.

Greed. Consistent increased work loads, while paying below the Poverty Level.

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

If in need of a job, and completely out of options, Alorica hires constantly, as the roll over is very high.

Not sure if that qualifies as "Pros", but that's as close as it gets with this company.

Cons

Alorica is a call center with several teams (clients) made up of primarily Customer Service Representatives.

I was hired on an account for Internet Tech Support where I was hired to only work Monday through Friday, 9pm - 5pm. With my Technical experience I accepted the position on this team doing over the phone troubleshooting.

The benefits package is an optional very expensive group rate, with nothing paid by Alorica.

Training was rushed, at the expense of the customers were were there to assist, as management
    wanted trainees on the phones asap, so to start collecting on them.

They were soon to add onto the job description, requiring making sales pitches to all callers who had called in just looking for Technical Assistance.
    Alorica promised commission on products sold, however in my case, they didn't set my employment up on the account correctly, so in all my sales I kept record of, none was paid out to me. Over a year later, the Commission I earned has still not been paid, and all attempts to get this addressed by Management went with the typical response "We will get back to you on that."

Management handling this account was unsatisfactory, and the account was lost in just a couple months after we began on it.

After that account closed, they advised Representatives, they would be moved to other Accounts. Some who had been working there for many years were advised they would lose some to all of their raises they had earned.
    In addition, the move to the other account involved work other than what was advised in the hiring process. Regardless of this, employees were advised if they declined any work they offered, no matter what it was, if they declined the move, Management made it clear they would fight anyone who declined whatever job was offered and filed for unemployment.

The Customer Service Representatives at Alorica are all paid below the Poverty Level (per the US Government web site), so a overwhelming majority of the Representatives are paycheck to paycheck.
    With that being the situation I was in, and with the Managements threat made clear, I felt taking the position was the only option.

The new account moved to was basically billing for a Cable - Internet - Phone provider.
    This account had an overwhelming increase in job duties, without any pay compensation.

Again the training was rushed, especially for the amount of content involved. Managements only apperant concern was that the trainees be on the phones asap, no matter if they were prepared to handle the work involved or not.

The RCN account continually had more job requirements to fulfill, with no compensation to the Customer Service Representatives.

In in very few meetings and in the times during training for all the additional work, if Representatives asked if they could get any pay increase, they were quickly denied. Any times it was asked why, especially if the company was doing so well, as they said it was, the Management declined to provide an explanation, but would make statements such as "that's the way it is", "if you don't like it, there's the door", and "there's no shortage of people out there that we can easily get to replace you".

After my first year with Alorica they showed their appreciation with a $0.10 raise.

In their response to the heavier work load applied to the Customer Service Representatives, without any pay compensation, they advised they will have them do anything they ask of them, as there's nothing saying they can't.

In the last time the Customer Service Representatives were able to grade how the account was being Managed, the initial reports showed it was around a grade of 30%, and the final numbers were never disclosed to the employees, suggesting they ended up being even worse.

To summarize, the greed of the management is apperent, they show very little to no appreciation for their employees, well other than a cookie and cup of coffee handed out at the door on the Employee Appreciation Day.

And they are exploiting the bad economy, not paying their Customer Service Representatives adequately (below the Poverty Wage, yet adding to the workload consistantly), and are quick to show the door to anyone who questions them.

Try paying the employees for the work they do, and not for what you know you can get away with paying them.

Show some humanity, as the way this company is run is a direct example of why te economy is in the shape it's in and why many of the hardest working people will continue to struggle, while management, executives, ceo's continue to collect on the profits in underpaying the employees.

The company has been declining every time it has been sold.

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Convenient location, hours are reasonable. good entry level place for people with no experience they hire pretty much anyone. Starting pay varies on account

Cons

Policy and procedure varies greatly from account to account, all employees have a pay-cap regardless of how well you perform. New employees benefits are horrible, Most accounts seem to be only hiring temps(no benefits, PTO) they routinely lie to clients that they work for by fudging numbers, scheduling fake/unnecessary training sessions so we have more billable items. Mid tier positions routinely find themselves doing multiple jobs with no compensation example QAR's routinely used as trainers as well..