Alorica Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
2.0

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 14 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 29 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Alorica has been a great place to work as a college student needing a good job that would work with my school schedule!

Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Support in Durant, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Support in Durant, OK

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a friendly work environment, that allows you to have holidays off, get pto (paid time off), and allow you to work over time when you need it. They have fun theme days at work, there is always something fun going on in the building and you get the opportunity to meet new people from all over. Depending on which campaign you work for, there are always extra incentives being offered.

Cons

It can get really loud sometimes making it hard to gear your customers, as well as the fact that they don't have a gym since most employees are sitting for 9 hours a day If not longer they should have a gym that way to help with the health benefits of their employees.

Build a gym and a bigger parking lot

Okay company, good people, hard job.

Former Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Longwood, FL
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Longwood, FL

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Inside sales position with a base salary.
    Some Managers are good.
    Flexible schedule. As long as you get 40 hours, they don't care when. (M-F, 9 to 8).
    Good training.

Cons

Cold calling businesses for one sale closes is not for everyone.
    Some Managers are horrible.

My division of Alorica was contracted to sell American Express products, so Amex dictated a lot of the rules. I left on my own, but I did see some very good decent people let go who showed up, did their dials, but could not make the goals. I also know they did get rid of some of the poor managers, which is good. Mainly, Management needs to realize(remember) how stressful the job is. Employees would probably sell more if some of the rules were loosened. But if their hands are tied by Amex, then not much they can do. Basically if you like cold calling, or don't mind it, this is probably as good a place to do it.

anonymous

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

hours acceptance money days people

Cons

training , no off days, cant miss, the people , no life

Revolving Doors

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very difficult to chart any 'PROs' about this position.

Cons

No structure. No true upward mobility.

Alorica-The New Third World

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In the heat of desperation, you can get hired on the spot.

Cons

It's hard to stay quiet when you are being used while working for pennies on the dollar - $9/hr. The expectations are equal to jobs that pay $12-$15 min. The population is 99% Af-Am workers. I believe this is intentional as most potential employees fill out the stats supposedly used for reasons other than hiring. Of course, it is unprofessional and since Supervisors are paid $13/hr you can't expect more. It's a disgrace and truly may be classified as slave labor.

After training, you are thrown out on the floor (nesting) and promised you will get all the support you need. But that changes the first day. Customers can be on hold, your hand raised for assistance, while you are literally being ignored while the help is deeply involved in conversation you can hear that is totally unrelated to work. You will not have a place to lock your belongings, so you either take a risk of losing your property or walk around with it all day (purse, lunch, jacket). In the short period of time I worked there, property was stolen from me and another major incident took place that involved the police. You must park your car off site and get shuttled in/out, therefore, you are stuck at the camp until 6pm. This is extremely stressful for parents with children in cases of emergency. They use on site parking as an incentive for working there after 6mos, if you last that long.

The worst is, rather than pay a decent salary, they use overtime as the incentive, meaning in order to make a decent salary, you would have to work an additional 20 hours/per week, since overtime pays a whopping $4.50/hr. The business model of this company is based on greed. Rather than paying a decent salary to attract/keep quality workers, they run a constant process of hiring/training....it never stops because people leave as quickly as they come in. It is by far the most disgraceful place of employment I have worked and should be investigated closely for their unethical practices. I actually had to do a self-assessment as to why I allowed myself to stoop this low.

I speak only the truth with intentions of helping others. I wished someone warned me. By the way, thank God I was dismissed. The excuse used for dismissal was that I muttered profanity to myself, while my customer was on hold, which is not allowed on the premises. I get it, but not only is profanity 2nd language at Alorica and my first and only incident, it was an utterance "to myself" while losing patience when being ignored when I needed assistance.

Here's how it works. Surveys are the tool they use as a measurement for success. A score of 8-10 defines success. In my first week all of my surveys scored a perfect 10 (extremely commendable), except the one that scored a 5. A score of 5 means the call has to be reviewed by the supervisor. This is when they heard the remark I made to myself. If you ask me, it was an invasion of my privacy. Can you imagine how many excuses I had to make to the customer while waiting for assistance, since you have to check in every 30 seconds, and they wonder why I was frustrated! However, they never asked my side of the story or even considered giving me a warning. They were just waiting for me to slip up, because I know I was too much. I had no problem addressing the lack of professionalism. Some folks just need to be told. I would have had more respect if they were honest.....meaning that I was too professional and vocal to work in that environment, which posed a major threat to the way they conduct business. Employees that pose a non-threat are rehired after dismissal. SMH. It was truly hard to work while hearing on a daily basis everyone's exit plan and watching them walk out the door while everyone else was hoping they were next. They did me a big favor, because I don't believe in quitting, so I know I would have stayed until I subconsciously did something to be dismissed.

Management is encouraged to give a little speech about their journey to management. lol. What's funny is that one honest employee stressed how important it is to keep looking. Hint, hint! A lot of management staff are unhappy as well, therefore, they learned to do only what they have to, at minimum, so you can't be too mad when they don't provide you with assistance when on the phone. My advice is to have more faith in finding the right job, and get out asap. You do not want to put Alorica (formerly Ryla) on your resume! It may hurt your chances of getting the job you really deserve.

Completely unorganized.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Topeka, KS

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a very lax working environment. Some of the people were great and it helped me deal with phone companies in my day to day life.

Cons

The managers were very unorganized. The turnover rate was extremely high. The client didn't care about situational circumstances and made it very difficult to do our jobs.

When implementing a reward system or new rule/don't make it impossible to achieve/acquire.

The pay is reflective of an easy position

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The position is relatively easy: Empathize with the customer's situation while you solve his or her problem. Within 6 months, I was offered a team management position with less time flexibility and less base pay then a high-performing agent. I chose to stay as an agent because I was completing my college education and I needed the scheduling flexibility.

If you understand that you are passing through and this position is temporary, then you'll love your job (not career).

Cons

Lack of clear process flow creates a steep learning curve during training. After a week of reading through terms and conditions, trainees continue learning by "doing". This is where most of the workforce attrition occurs because of trainees lack of preparation.

After making team manager, it can take years to be promoted into an operations manager or site manager position.

Pay is relatively low, but above average when compared with other call centers in the area.

The company makes money based on the agent taking calls efficiently as possible and meeting the SLA for all LoB's supported by the call center. Dont expect special treatment when volumn is high. It doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

Convey tactical level priorities to front line employees. They will understand that it is a business if you treat them like adults.

alorica

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

does sustain a good payrate

Cons

long hiring process days in and out about 3

Horrible

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Met some good people

Cons

Unprofessional management and they don't pay like their suppose to. Thieves!!!!! They want you to come to work but don't do what they're supposed to when it comes to overtime and incentive pay

Run!!!

CSR

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours per week. You can earn 9.00 an hour and you are sitting down taking calls from customers that is really upset

Cons

You only get paid 9.00 with a lot of stress and pressure. They are constantly adding more to your job without increasing the pay. You can fail a survey even if its not your fault and get told you can't do overtime. They tells you that you have to sign up for overtime but when you are schedule an hour lunch break and they shorten your lunh break to 30 minutes they do not get your permssion and if you don't take a 30 minute lunch they makes it seems as though it is the end of the world. You cannot. Working here, you will have no life and it will ruin your health. Either you fake it til you make it or get fired. It is all about who you know. As for the customers goes you have to be a CSR a counselor about their personal issues, technica support, help with payments. Instead of doing a one man job you are doing a five people job for a low pay. You have to be mentally ready , desperate, and tell your family have fun without me. When I come home I do not want to even talk on my own phone. In between calls you doesnt have time to swallow your saliva if needed because you can't be in call work or the workforce aka polices is on your tail. They treats us like we are some clowns and not real people with real bills and etc. They forever giving you hotdogs and nachos, water cups. Where is more money atleast a dollar raise. If not cut down the workload and offer better hours. We are CSR not the techinican guy so can we have atleast every other weekend off. Lastly you cannot uae your PTO when you want to it is forever denied on a weekend. We should not have to listem to customer complain about everything else that does pertain to their cell phones just to hope we pass a survey.

Give is more noney or cut down the workload. We are humans not a robot and understand we cannot please every customer that calls in. Treat us real people trying to make it by coming to work so we can pay our bills and/ or etc.

Alorica Photos