Alorica Reviews

Reset
2.4
Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • Guaranteed 40 hours of work a week (in 17 reviews)

• Good entry level customer service if you have little to no experience (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is less than normal call center (in 33 reviews)

• Very poor communication with upper management (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Fun and family like atmosphere!

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Longwood, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I applied for the job because of the flexible schedule (as long as you have 40 hours by Friday you're okay) and the pay, which is higher than a lot of call centers in the area. The recruiter actually talked me into taking the job because I'd never done sales before and I was really nervous about it. Im glad I took it! Ive learned so much. The management has been so encouraging and patient with me. They're all really nice (even the upper level and clients, who are always approachable) and will stop and help anybody, even if the employee is on another team. Managers create fun contests with prizes such as spiffs, lunches, ice cream, and even an iPad. My project is new and we've all become very close because we had to learn everything together. As far as people saying that they're liars...its a new project and there are going to be some inconsistencies until things solidify. I've also never been told to lie to the customers. Not sure where that came from. So if you're considering applying, go for it! For the most part, all of my coworkers seem happy to be there and any drama or bad attitudes get the boot immediately. The people who get fired are mainly the ones who either don't follow the rules (regularly not dialing, slacking off, breaking policy, etc) or expect an easy paycheck.

Cons

Not many, and the ones I have are minor and tolerable-hard to find a good parking spot, elevators are too slow, the cafe closes too early. Although my only serious gripe is that the system we use for leads is a pain in the @#$! One time the guy next me called the same lead at the same time that I did. Management is aware that's it's a quirky system and hopefully something gets fixed.

Advice to Management

Be a little more consistent with coaching-I really would like more one on ones (or group) as there is always room for improvement. Give us access to our stats so we can monitor our own progress. Training could have been a little longer. Mostly I just hate Salesforce.

2. Rapid Personal Career Growth by Overcoming Adversity

Former Employee - Manager/Director
    Former Employee - Manager/Director

I worked at Alorica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has gown many times over since 2009 creating significant career growths for right individuals.

Cons

Very cost focused (frugile) company that is embedded into the culture. Low salaries. Intense, very fast pace culture.

Advice to Management

Know your financials to survive this company.

3. Great Job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, Good training and wage.

Cons

No balance for work/social live

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work

5. Customer Service

Current Employee - Tech Support and Customer Service in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Tech Support and Customer Service in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement people there are real friendly different shifts to choose from they have benefits and its not to far from where I live

Cons

should have better benefits should have a overnight shift the pay rate should be higher than what it is and they should have life insurance benefits and short term disability benefits

Nice location, high turnover so know what you're getting into

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time and part time opportunities available, competitive environment to make sales on top of the hourly wage. Relaxed dress code. If you are new to customer service and sales, you can quickly catch on to the different systems used and the expectations from departments. For those willing to learn new things and adapt to change, this is the place for you.

Cons

Once you're on the floor it becomes stressful depending on who your team lead and manager are. It's an easy hire, easy fire environment where you can be let go for multiple reasons. There is a lot to learn on the floor that they may not teach in training because the client has constant updates to services. If overtime is mandatory, you take it or get fired. Some people work just to get a paycheck, and their attitude reflects it. Wouldn't recommend for people who want to have a lot of down time. If you want to prove your dedication to the company AND keep your job, have the right attitude. You need to figure out things on your own because your supervisors are too busy to hold your hand. Pay is above minimum wage, but not sufficient for the hours and stress dedicated to this position.

Advice to Management

Start caring more about the employees. It's because of the employees that your performance and metrics are the way they are. Being a top company, pay your employees what they deserve.

ovetimer rules? Manadatory?!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Durant, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Durant, OK

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has full times positions which is great considering all I could find were part time jobs.

Cons

Makes you do mandatory over time which could rang anywhere from 8 hours to 15 hours. but if you go over 1 min over your break time or get logged out of your computer and you don't let your manager know even for a second you wont get paid all those hours that you worked. Which is stupid considering they don't tell you any of this until its too late!!

Advice to Management

quit with the stupid rules and quit trying to rip people out of their money. They worked their butt off for you they should get paid no matter what!

8. cust serv rep

Pros

great people to work with, management is really nice and understanding.

Cons

the location that i was in was pretty cramped

Idgaf

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy training plus they have some of everything you need to that guap

Cons

Low pay, the job sucks due to the calls n high levels of stress

Advice to Management

Lay off those that put effort into their job

10 dollars an hr is probably all you'll get

Former Employee - Relationship Care Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Relationship Care Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Alorica (More than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly Alorica isn't such a bad place to work. If you need a job to pay bills, then you'lll be fine.

Cons

If you are looking to actually make commission, this isnt the place for you. It starts out cool, but can go bad instantly. Either you arent paid on time or just not at all.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to honestly pay people on time. There needs to be a structure in place to where if you are present at work and on time no matter what you recieve a portion of your comission. If people wanted to work for 10 dollars an hr theyd work somewhere a lot less stressful. Get it together!

11. customer service agent

I worked at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had thorough training in the classroom

Cons

They were not as thorough with phone training

RSS Feed </> Embed