Alorica Reviews

Reset
2.4
Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • Guaranteed 40 hours of work a week (in 17 reviews)

• Good entry level customer service if you have little to no experience (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is less than normal call center (in 33 reviews)

• Very poor communication with upper management (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Fun and family like atmosphere!

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Longwood, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I applied for the job because of the flexible schedule (as long as you have 40 hours by Friday you're okay) and the pay, which is higher than a lot of call centers in the area. The recruiter actually talked me into taking the job because I'd never done sales before and I was really nervous about it. Im glad I took it! Ive learned so much. The management has been so encouraging and patient with me. They're all really nice (even the upper level and clients, who are always approachable) and will stop and help anybody, even if the employee is on another team. Managers create fun contests with prizes such as spiffs, lunches, ice cream, and even an iPad. My project is new and we've all become very close because we had to learn everything together.

As far as people saying that they're liars...its a new project and there are going to be some inconsistencies until things solidify. I've also never been told to lie to the customers. Not sure where that came from. So if you're considering applying, go for it! For the most part, all of my coworkers seem happy to be there and any drama or bad attitudes get the boot immediately. The people who get fired are mainly the ones who either don't follow the rules (regularly not dialing, slacking off, breaking policy, etc) or expect an easy paycheck.

Cons

Not many, and the ones I have are minor and tolerable-hard to find a good parking spot, elevators are too slow, the cafe closes too early. Although my only serious gripe is that the system we use for leads is a pain in the @#$! One time the guy next me called the same lead at the same time that I did. Management is aware that's it's a quirky system and hopefully something gets fixed.

Advice to Management

Be a little more consistent with coaching-I really would like more one on ones (or group) as there is always room for improvement. Give us access to our stats so we can monitor our own progress. Training could have been a little longer. Mostly I just hate Salesforce.

2. Don't look for a raise....

Current Employee - Team Manager in West Mifflin, PA
    Current Employee - Team Manager in West Mifflin, PA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people in West Mifflin! I love the team I work with, my peers are amazing. Team managers will bend over backwards for you.

Cons

Wage freeze for managers. The only way to get a raise I'd to get a promotion. But you can't get a promotion when there are no positions to be promoted into. Upper management does not do a good job of showing appreciation half the time and often takes credit for your work.

Advice to Management

End the wage freeze. Appreciate the people who Are making your agents profitable.

3. Work At home

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Alorica part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working from home, and I love the flexibility that it gives me. how can you not enjoy working from the comforts of your own home.

Cons

We have to go into a system called Spectrum to get hrs. and you pretty much have to stalk the computer to get hrs. that is the main downfall of this job.

Advice to Management

I would love to be able to have asset amount of hrs. that would be guaranteed to you.

5. Its a Good job not for everyone specially for a family whit one single income.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Alorica (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great deal of potential growth from the professional point of view. A growing company in the call center industry that is making is making waves in the international plane competing with other outsourcing companies in the global market. Definitely a great stepping stone to launch your career. Training is provided and on going development for career oriented individuals.

Cons

Low retribution for the the work load, you can advance in the company but you can get stuck in the mid management with frozen salary raises for one reason or another some people have not seen a rise in years and when management is approached or yearly evaluations are done they trickle down the same response they as managers get to us as agents "we don't get a rise either, all raises are frozen." AS agents you can bonus and that sometimes keeps anyone from trying to advance higher because the higher you go the less compensation you seem to get. Managers and Ops managers are always stating how if they put an hourly base to their pay after all the work they make around 2.50 to 5 dollars an hour. So its easier to stay as a hourly employee an do it right maybe work a little over the 40 hours and match the minimum required pay that makes an employee exempt $23,600 per year ($455 per week) per FLSA.

Advice to Management

Site director level management should work in the building and become more visible. Operations Managers need more coverage to aid their managers and in end result support the agents you can only stretch people so much until they break.

6. worst job evevr

Former Employee - Georgia in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Georgia in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica

Pros

the best part of the job is being able to complete unlimited over time

Cons

There isnt any growth opportunities within this company they are unorganized

7. Great job to help u sustain life on your own

Current Employee - Sales Support in Cutler Ridge, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Cutler Ridge, FL

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Unlimited overtime ,plus commission , incentives

Cons

Easy to loose commission taking up to 70calls a day

8. Great place to work if you like actually assiting the customer.

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great environment, they give you room to grow and great opportunities, they are very helpful with the process and hold great to the policies.

Cons

The PTO could be accrued faster, the average at most companies is 1-2 weeks when you start, when you are starting at the present time you will only accrue 2 days in your first year.

Advice to Management

Just take in everything that everyone is saying and weigh your options and see what works best for you.

9. i like working here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Niles, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Niles, OH

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

full time and decent pay 10.50an hour

Cons

the systems they use are hard to navigate and theres a seven week training period.

10. Agent

Current Employee - Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, Pretty easy going. Create a fun atmosphere. Good job for young people or second family income. They are in growth phase much hiring to do. leadership opportunities are there if you can wait it out.

Cons

Commission structure based on uncontrollable calls like transfers.

Advice to Management

I haven't been there long enough to give advice.

11. good

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Alorica (More than 3 years)

Pros

close to my house so i did not spend much on travel . also some of the people in there are very nice

Cons

poor working environment there is a huge sign outside at the entrance which says no smoking in the front but there are always like 15 people smoking right at the entrance even the managers

Advice to Management

slow

RSS Feed </> Embed