Alorica

Updated March 3, 2015
2.1

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 17 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 33 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Dropped Out of School...Great Alternative

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Easy hiring process. Quick training. Easy to learn information. Quick advancement opportunities. Snack incentives. Great team building. Weekly and monthly contests. Dress down days and theme days.

Cons

Pay is not at a competitive rate with the surrounding call centers. No shift pay differential.

Look into different pay rates.

Good experience

I have been working at Alorica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Steady hours, leadership is involved, benefits, office culture, work-life balance, provides good experience for later opportunities

Cons

Can seem a little scattered at times - growing and expanding quickly

I enjoyed the people that I work with, but the corporations ethics are poor.

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people that I work with are the only reason I stay for now.

Cons

Not much upward movement within the company, low wages, low benefits

higher wages to compete with other companies that have similar positions would be a plus.

An opportunity if you make it one.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of different departments you can move around to as long as you work hard and do well. You will not go far if you don't take the job seriously. There are opportunities for advancement and promotions relatively early on if you put your mind to it. The hours are steady, a guaranteed 40 hrs a week plus a lot of opportunity for overtime. When I started off I was working anywhere between 40 and 60 hrs a week. Day to day work is not hard and is mostly common sense. There are occasionally bonus incentives to earn more money or prizes (such as electronic devices).

Cons

Due to the fact that the pay is not competitive with other call centers in the area, there is high attrition in all departments including managers. Most of the good employees that do well or get in to management end up leaving to work for Comcast which is literally right next door and pays their front line agents more than Alorica pays their managers. Also, some managers are more difficult to interact with than others. While there are a lot of helpful managers there are also some very unhelpful managers that can belittle you or go on power trips. Some don't seem like they enjoy their job and it reflects in their team's performance. Hopefully Alorica corporate realizes the changes that need to be made or the Fort Myers Alorica site will continue to be a revolving door for employees to gain experience which they will then take to other companies that pay more.

Be more open to your agents and be willing to assist when needed. If you don't know how to interact with others in a professional and positive manner, then you shouldn't be in a management position.

Increase pay! or loose anyone with experience and education to better companies.

Microsoft Advertising Specialist

I worked at Alorica

Pros

It was a Great Learning Environment

Cons

I believe that the Management was okay.

Better Knowledge.

Definitely can Learn Something

Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Support in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Support in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours/week.
    O/T offered nearly every week.
    Promotions are advertised from within first and then for outsiders if there is no qualified applicants.
    Helps teach phone etiquette for your future endeavors and you get to learn a few trade secrets to help you in your everyday life.
    Holiday pay if your work day falls on the day.

Cons

Definitely feels like a company still trying to find its way and grew too big, too quckly.
    Would like a push for more professionalism within the call center. I know our clients/their customers can't see us, but we can see each other and yes it does affect the attiude within the environment.

Would like an exercise program, the ping pong table has been out of commission for a long time (Though I never played it as It was always in use by others). I see plenty of other companies with treadmills, or sidewalks that expanse around the buildings for outdoor walks, an encouraging reward system for trying to stay healthy. We sit all day and are not encouraged to stand up and let blood flow. (Blood clots are real and dangerous)
    I do like that you are making a push to increase the moral at the site. It needed it for a while. Yes some are relunctant but thats because we naturally are afraid of change and have become cynical due to past reward systems that were abruptly altered so that no matter what you'd fail or never rewarded. So with some of the changing Operations staff, please hold to your word. I think that will start to make waves in here.

Great places to work!

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

40+ hours every week
    always room for advancement
    great management
    great place to interact with many like minded people

Cons

pay, benefits, raises, retention rate,location

Work on the cons and people will stay

great coworkers but poorly compensation

Current Employee - IT Professional in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work is interesting and challenging

Cons

Raises are few, far between, and miserly, lots of turnover

employees need to hear back about their performance, including raises they can count on

Good people, but typical call center

I worked at Alorica

Pros

I woke with some great people and liked the hours. The pay wasn't too bad either.

Cons

You are in a typical call center so there isn't much job security because you could be replaced in a split second since anyone could do the job.

Great nest to start

Former Employee - Finance/Accounting in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Finance/Accounting in Irvine, CA

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start a career, lots of experience and hands on, great location in irvine, great coworkers

Cons

Low pay, very cutthroat, low benefits, poor management, lack of transpArency in communication

Treat your employees the way you treat your clients