Alorica

Updated January 29, 2015
2.0

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 17 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 33 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Alorica El Paso

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Great hours, guaranteed hours each week, great work environment

Cons

Short breaks not so great pay

Average Call Center

Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Miami, FL

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Due to my school schedule, I wasn't able to take a day or even noon shift, but I found that the scheduling was extremely flexible (I got off at 1 a.m.), allowing me to be a full time employee. I was encouraged to apply for higher positions. There was plenty of assistance available whenever it was needed.

Cons

I felt like a became a victim of my own success; I was pretty good at my job, and this was noticed by the higher ups. It seemed as if I had to take on the workload of others with the same title just because I was a bit better at it. I don't imagine very many people like the idea of mandatory overtime, but this is often the case in a call center environment so perhaps it's not really a con as much as something that should be expected.

My suggestion would be to spend slightly more effort in boosting employee morale, so as to decrease burnout.

Sales Rep

Current Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, ability to work your own schedule from a sales agent perspective/ customer service is different

Cons

lower pay, benefits that lack, low employee morale

listen to your employees more; happier employees are more productive and a better long-term investment

Good For Paying Bills, Not a Professional Place

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica

Pros

It is really easy to get hired by this company. The interviews were real laid back. If you need a quick check, this is the place. You will have fun with your co-workers from time to time and you will somewhat have a financially secured job, but the pay will be low. It's not that bad of a company, just needs improvement.

Cons

They do not celebrate MLK day. There is little room for promotion. It depends on who likes you.This is the business that Alorica is in. They have several contracts with thousands of companies. The idea is to pay their employees minimum salary so that they can keep majority of the money. You will only go as far as people like you, but if you are a people person, you shouldn't have any issues getting promoted.

Stop black balling certain people just because you don't like them. Stop giving power to certain Team Managers to make Hiring Managers decisions. Promote people based on their talents and not if they can be somebody that you can get over on.

IT'S A JOB SO JUST WORK AND KEEP YOURSELF MOTIVATED

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Cutler Bay, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Cutler Bay, FL

I worked at Alorica

Pros

You get a chance to make money. They are very fast in their response. If they want to hire you, you will know it immediately.

Cons

It can really be like high school and very unprofessional at times.

Be reasonable and understanding. You too were once in our shoes.

Always an option...

I worked at Alorica

Pros

Easy to get hired and hard to get fired. It has a very nice environment to work in and the cafe is great!

Cons

Not much room for advancement and promotions seem to be based on who you know. The parking is a nightmare.

Work for a paycheck

I worked at Alorica

Pros

Hours were great. And lots of opportunity to move up.

Cons

Immature environment. Management was a joke. Everyone was treated unfurl.

Grow up!

Good place to work if you're desperate for a job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clovis, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clovis, CA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people full-time job paid training

Cons

Customers constantly yelling at you and management focusing on the negative's of your job performance and not the positives.

I get constructive criticism. It's to help people better perform at their job to correct their mistakes but telling people they're doing a good job and focusing on their pros also helps people perform better at their jobs.

Company Review

I worked at Alorica

Pros

good benefits, lots of hours and overtime, great people and overall good company.

Cons

The only thing i can say bad about this company is that once you have gone through training your on your own. You do have other associates to help you but you basically have to figure out your own problems.

I take phone calls for GeekSquad.

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Co-workers are really nice. Sometimes you get nice people on the phone. Nice job for a College student like me.

Cons

It seems like they are all about the stats more than the Customer Satisfaction.Having to wear uniform at a call center really!!! If you cant remote into clients computer in about 15 min we have to tell them totake it into the store or in home appointment. Having to charge for something I can do in 15 seconds.