Alorica Reviews

518 reviews filtered by
2.1
Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 17 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 33 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 13 reviews)

1. Fun and family like atmosphere!

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Longwood, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I applied for the job because of the flexible schedule (as long as you have 40 hours by Friday you're okay) and the pay, which is higher than a lot of call centers in the area. The recruiter actually talked me into taking the job because I'd never done sales before and I was really nervous about it. Im glad I took it! Ive learned so much. The management has been so encouraging and patient with me. They're all really nice (even the upper level and clients, who are always approachable) and will stop and help anybody, even if the employee is on another team. Managers create fun contests with prizes such as spiffs, lunches, ice cream, and even an iPad. My project is new and we've all become very close because we had to learn everything together.

As far as people saying that they're liars...its a new project and there are going to be some inconsistencies until things solidify. I've also never been told to lie to the customers. Not sure where that came from. So if you're considering applying, go for it! For the most part, all of my coworkers seem happy to be there and any drama or bad attitudes get the boot immediately. The people who get fired are mainly the ones who either don't follow the rules (regularly not dialing, slacking off, breaking policy, etc) or expect an easy paycheck.

Cons

Not many, and the ones I have are minor and tolerable-hard to find a good parking spot, elevators are too slow, the cafe closes too early. Although my only serious gripe is that the system we use for leads is a pain in the @#$! One time the guy next me called the same lead at the same time that I did. Management is aware that's it's a quirky system and hopefully something gets fixed.

Be a little more consistent with coaching-I really would like more one on ones (or group) as there is always room for improvement. Give us access to our stats so we can monitor our own progress. Training could have been a little longer. Mostly I just hate Salesforce.

2. Alorica

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, benefits are fair

Cons

People are workaholic and no so friendly

3. My experience was good met alot of great people, supervisors were encouraging

I worked at Alorica

Pros

Easy to move up in the company

Cons

Systems constantly go down, not much structure.

Add more structure. Maybe hire a recruiter instead of having new supervisors be in charge of the hiring process.

5. Great place to start your career

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

caring leadership, extensive training, easy job, almost unlimited overtime, bonus program, if you do your job it is easy to get promoted

Cons

pay is low but more than fast food or retail

You need people in workforce management that know what they are doing. Fix the problems with Cisco and headsets.

It's a job

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pros are basically that you are guaranteed 40 hours every week, it's a pretty laid back place to work all you have to do is show up to get a paycheck.

Cons

The environment is one of the biggest cons of working at Alorica. The place and the employees are filthy including managers and team managers. It is one of the most unproffesional places that I have worked at. You're offered the opportunity to move up in the company if you are willing to do twice the work for the same pay.

Management is strict in places where it is not needed.
    Stop picking up anyone from the streets!
    Enforce professionalism in the work place.
    Offer incentives and reward your good employees!

Not for people who require professionalism

Former Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Longwood, FL
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Longwood, FL

I worked at Alorica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Decent pay without any degree or education $12 plus commission
    -Guaranteed 40 hours
    -Easily obtainable hours
    -Some of the trainers are nice

Cons

-You could tell the training was just thrown together from the clients
    -They lie to you from day one
    -They tell you that you won't get fired for meeting goals, but fire people after one month
    -The clients are as unprofessional as the call center is
    -You're told to lie to the clients
    -Trainers can't stand managers, managers can't stand clients, and clients are only concerned about themselves
    -ANYONE and EVERYONE gets hired which adds to the unprofessionalism
    -The job is boring and requires no brain power

Stop lying to customers and employees, require more from the clients. Embrace people who could be future leaders, stop letting people with no people skills become managers. Require professionalism if you want people to take the job seriously.

Dropped Out of School...Great Alternative

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Easy hiring process. Quick training. Easy to learn information. Quick advancement opportunities. Snack incentives. Great team building. Weekly and monthly contests. Dress down days and theme days.

Cons

Pay is not at a competitive rate with the surrounding call centers. No shift pay differential.

Look into different pay rates.

Good experience

I have been working at Alorica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Steady hours, leadership is involved, benefits, office culture, work-life balance, provides good experience for later opportunities

Cons

Can seem a little scattered at times - growing and expanding quickly

10. A Frontline Agents Point of View

Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Support
    Current Employee - Customer Service Tech Support

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You learn quite a bit, I have been here for over a year, I am relatively happy.

Cons

Pay does not equal out to what other call centers are paying in the area, Constant cutting of breaks and lunches, How do they expect you to do the job, when you limit the ability by cutting call backs, and restricting OEM contact to warm transfers....

If you want your agents to stay, do not treat them like they are slaves. They are people too. They have families and bills just like you do. So pay increases would be nice, so that we can survive too. A happy agent will equal you a happy client. If your employees feel like they actually matter and not just a number, and valued for what they do for the company, then that will refelct in how they treat the members and make for a very happy Client. If SL is tanking then hire more agents in the time slot that is in need, or shift agents around to fit that time slot. Maybe bring back the 4 ten hour day schedule......IF you want your business to excel, start with the foundation....if they are not happy, the foundation will crumble.

I enjoyed the people that I work with, but the corporations ethics are poor.

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people that I work with are the only reason I stay for now.

Cons

Not much upward movement within the company, low wages, low benefits

higher wages to compete with other companies that have similar positions would be a plus.