Alorica

Updated November 24, 2014
2.0

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 15 reviews)

• You get the customer service or sales experience needed for a career in these areas (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 29 reviews)

• Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Alorica will get you a job quickly and provide you with skills that you can use to get a higher paying position.

Former Employee - Work Force Management in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Work Force Management in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Alorica full-time

Pros

Alorica will give you skills that can get you positions at higher paying companies. Stay at Alorica for six months and then shop around and you will definitely be able to get a position in a customer service position that pays 3-7 dollars more an hour starting.
    Don't mind making a bit less for a while? Okay then prepare to get promoted! It is very easy to get promoted at Alorica because of the high turnover rate. Management gets just as frustrated with policies, pay, etc as entry level employees does. Keep your head up and do a good job. Don't call in and work overtime when asked. Have a good attitude and you will get promoted. I moved from taking phone calls to being on Work Force Management within 3 months of being there.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest.
    The benefits are not great either.
    Even upon promotion you won't make much more money.
    Your best bet is to suck it up for a few months/years here and then apply around at other call centers. Seriously - look up Alorica alumni on LinkedIn. They are making way more money at better jobs now.

Honestly there isn't much they can do. I was on management and I know it isn't management's fault that the company is the way it is. The company is built on cutting corners to save a few bucks to make a profit.

has its pros and cons

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good starting pay. great customers.

Cons

no professionalism in the work place. organization in the work place was distasteful. favoritism between employees.

Overall a good place to work and learn about technology.

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Alorica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Guaranteed 40+ hours and position. The training provided leads you to learn as you face it, overall a good technique to ensure you get it. The managers can be helpful and teach you about your numbers and what needs improvement. Much calmer than a normal call center setting. This location aims to not have any calls waiting so the demand isn't to high. Work-life balance can be hard at first but after you prove yourself you can shift bid to a great fit. Just follow the flow and have good attendance. They allow you to provide support without limited boundaries. Employees and most next level managers are helpful and will guide you in the right direction or allow you to call next level support on the manufacturer side. They have stable software that allows you to clearly notate and read others notes. Also they provide a chat room to chat with other nearby people in your specialty queue. Generous lunch and breaks provided. Paid time off is good. HR department Nikki is very good at her job, very accessible. Employees bond together to be supportive and get calls resolved. If you can live with the wage then it's worth it.

Cons

Drama can be unprofessional at times. Pay raises are limited to almost nothing. Benefits are generic. Not all managers are equally qualified. Promotions are possible but heavy compensation is not provided for those promotions. Policy changes can be rapid and not logical at times, this is most call centers to be fair.

Consider raising hourly wages and managers compensation to fair levels. Promote people who have a passion for service and technical support not just numbers.

Great company to work for!!

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, they promote from within

Cons

Benefits are bad, 3 days of PTO for the year.

Fair.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people, nice office environment. There are opportunities to make a difference and improvements.

Cons

Limited benefits and high cost in insurance. Professionalism and respectfulness do not seem to be valued here. No communication among departments. Openess in cubicles make it hard for people to concentrate/focus on their work. Helpdesk is inadequate and mediocre compared to my prior employers.

Need to listen to employees' views and commnents and make change as necessary in order to grow and become a better company. Need to weed out under-performed employees and compensate outstanding employees.

Make the Best of The Situation

I worked at Alorica

Pros

What I have learned about call center operations and customer resolution that has become the foundation of my growth in the industry. Unlimited overtime opportunities to make up for the base compensation.

Cons

Lack of professionalism and consideration for the well being of the employees.

Trust me, they are well aware of the conditions and unphased by them.

So far I'm in training but I start getting commission in the OJT so that's nice!

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Cutler Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Cutler Bay, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A steady pay check commission and hearing very DIFFERENT kinds of people through the phone. And coworkers a lot of good people from different backgrounds and races under one roof to work.

Cons

Very low pay raise. Lack of proper training. I don't know about the schedule or anything yet since I'm in training but I will update the cons after training ends.

Give trainees more time to hone their skills before throwing them to the sharks.

Only if you're desperate

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

Unlimited overtime , good pay

Cons

High school environment , & they just simply don't care .

No professionalism at all . Everyone that's works @ alorica cutler bay thinks that they're still in high school. The shift managers and team managers will help you based off your looks (experienced first hand). The managers talk down on you like you're nothing. I understand that to some of you that "it comes with the territory" but don't try to make a career out of working for alorica especially if you work for Directv omg !! Don't even go that route!!

It was short, yet a very good learning experience.

I worked at Alorica

Pros

Standard schedule, allowable overtime, consistent pay schedule

Cons

Low insurance coverage plans, changing shift bids

Keep doing what you're doing

Good enviroment for growth, poor salaries and benefits

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Alorica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very good company for technology, tools, and processes. Very good synergies between teams and management. Growth opportunities and encourages promotions within.

Cons

Benefits are expensive and limited. Salaries are below market rate. No adjustments for inflation and it is sometimes years between increases. Vacation and sick time are very poor.

Value your empolyees in the wallet and show them you value their contribution. At a minimum, If we do not get a cost of living increase we are losing money.