Alorica Reviews

Updated October 1, 2014
2.1

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits (in 13 reviews)

• There is opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 29 reviews)

• I understand customer service is important (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

anonymous

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Saraland, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saraland, AL

I have been working at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

hours acceptance money days people

Cons

training , no off days, cant miss, the people , no life

alorica

I have been working at Alorica

Pros

does sustain a good payrate

Cons

long hiring process days in and out about 3

Alorica-The New Third World

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

In the heat of desperation, you can get hired on the spot.

Cons

It's hard to stay quiet when you are being used while working for pennies on the dollar - $9/hr. The expectations are equal to jobs that pay $12-$15 min. The population is 99% Af-Am workers. I believe this is intentional as most potential employees fill out the stats supposedly used for reasons other than hiring. Of course, it is unprofessional and since Supervisors are paid $13/hr you can't expect more. It's a disgrace and truly may be classified as slave labor.

After training, you are thrown out on the floor (nesting) and promised you will get all the support you need. But that changes the first day. Customers can be on hold, your hand raised for assistance, while you are literally being ignored while the help is deeply involved in conversation you can hear that is totally unrelated to work. You will not have a place to lock your belongings, so you either take a risk of losing your property or walk around with it all day (purse, lunch, jacket). In the short period of time I worked there, property was stolen from me and another major incident took place that involved the police. You must park your car off site and get shuttled in/out, therefore, you are stuck at the camp until 6pm. This is extremely stressful for parents with children in cases of emergency. They use on site parking as an incentive for working there after 6mos, if you last that long.

The worst is, rather than pay a decent salary, they use overtime as the incentive, meaning in order to make a decent salary, you would have to work an additional 20 hours/per week, since overtime pays a whopping $4.50/hr. The business model of this company is based on greed. Rather than paying a decent salary to attract/keep quality workers, they run a constant process of hiring/training....it never stops because people leave as quickly as they come in. It is by far the most disgraceful place of employment I have worked and should be investigated closely for their unethical practices. I actually had to do a self-assessment as to why I allowed myself to stoop this low.

I speak only the truth with intentions of helping others. I wished someone warned me. By the way, thank God I was dismissed. The excuse used for dismissal was that I muttered profanity to myself, while my customer was on hold, which is not allowed on the premises. I get it, but not only is profanity 2nd language at Alorica and my first and only incident, it was an utterance "to myself" while losing patience when being ignored when I needed assistance.

Here's how it works. Surveys are the tool they use as a measurement for success. A score of 8-10 defines success. In my first week all of my surveys scored a perfect 10 (extremely commendable), except the one that scored a 5. A score of 5 means the call has to be reviewed by the supervisor. This is when they heard the remark I made to myself. If you ask me, it was an invasion of my privacy. Can you imagine how many excuses I had to make to the customer while waiting for assistance, since you have to check in every 30 seconds, and they wonder why I was frustrated! However, they never asked my side of the story or even considered giving me a warning. They were just waiting for me to slip up, because I know I was too much. I had no problem addressing the lack of professionalism. Some folks just need to be told. I would have had more respect if they were honest.....meaning that I was too professional and vocal to work in that environment, which posed a major threat to the way they conduct business. Employees that pose a non-threat are rehired after dismissal. SMH. It was truly hard to work while hearing on a daily basis everyone's exit plan and watching them walk out the door while everyone else was hoping they were next. They did me a big favor, because I don't believe in quitting, so I know I would have stayed until I subconsciously did something to be dismissed.

Management is encouraged to give a little speech about their journey to management. lol. What's funny is that one honest employee stressed how important it is to keep looking. Hint, hint! A lot of management staff are unhappy as well, therefore, they learned to do only what they have to, at minimum, so you can't be too mad when they don't provide you with assistance when on the phone. My advice is to have more faith in finding the right job, and get out asap. You do not want to put Alorica (formerly Ryla) on your resume! It may hurt your chances of getting the job you really deserve.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Completely unorganized.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Topeka, KS

I worked at Alorica full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a very lax working environment. Some of the people were great and it helped me deal with phone companies in my day to day life.

Cons

The managers were very unorganized. The turnover rate was extremely high. The client didn't care about situational circumstances and made it very difficult to do our jobs.

When implementing a reward system or new rule/don't make it impossible to achieve/acquire.

High Expectations

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location. I worked for Alorica in Kennesaw, GA and the location was close to malls & plenty of eating establishments.

Cons

Low pay, high expectations for sales goals, poorly staffed & operated.

Pay for what you're expecting.

Alorica

Former Employee - Operations Management
    Former Employee - Operations Management

I worked at Alorica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nothing that can be described as positive enough to be listed as a "pro"

Cons

Glass ceiling, with basically zero chance at significant advancement in a reasonable amount of time due to no structured career-pathing initiatives or programs

Squeezing every drop of profit possible at the expense of keeping and advancing long-term employees and those deserving of growth opportunities is not the proper way to ensure long term success

CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Alorica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Jobs was great, management were good people, pay was decent

Cons

little to no benefits, crude hours, no customer service standards company only interested in making money dont care about the customer, changing rules and policy daily.

most of the management were decent

Worst people to work with.

Current Employee - Floor Agent  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Floor Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

The 40 hours a week, OT and health benefits.

Cons

Pay is less than normal call center.
    The miro manager each call and call you out even ifr u cant change the way ur voice sounds and think u sound angry.
    TL and mangers don't do much to help you out. They say they will help and a week later get no response.
    7-15 year old equipment that is very slow and can't handle multitasking at all.
    Can't miss more than 1 day a month.

Get non lazy staff. Raise the pay and offer better benefits, Fix the attendance adherence. Don't hire just anyone.

The pay is reflective of an easy position

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent

I worked at Alorica full-time for more than a year

Pros

The position is relatively easy: Empathize with the customer's situation while you solve his or her problem. Within 6 months, I was offered a team management position with less time flexibility and less base pay then a high-performing agent. I chose to stay as an agent because I was completing my college education and I needed the scheduling flexibility.

If you understand that you are passing through and this position is temporary, then you'll love your job (not career).

Cons

Lack of clear process flow creates a steep learning curve during training. After a week of reading through terms and conditions, trainees continue learning by "doing". This is where most of the workforce attrition occurs because of trainees lack of preparation.

After making team manager, it can take years to be promoted into an operations manager or site manager position.

Pay is relatively low, but above average when compared with other call centers in the area.

The company makes money based on the agent taking calls efficiently as possible and meeting the SLA for all LoB's supported by the call center. Dont expect special treatment when volumn is high. It doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

Convey tactical level priorities to front line employees. They will understand that it is a business if you treat them like adults.

Good starting job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fresno, CA

I worked at Alorica as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Lots of diverse people, great client.

Cons

Lack of respect for workers.

Alorica Photos

Worked for Alorica? Contribute to the Community!