Alorica Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
2.1

Alorica CEO Andy Lee
Andy Lee

Pros
  • There is opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• 40 hours guaranteed plus opportunity for overtime (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Not only that but the pay grade for employees are lower than any other call center in California (in 27 reviews)

• Cold management, policies only apply to some, HIGH turnover rate (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great if you need the money

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you can sell and have an influential personality you could do well here. Great incentives. If you get on the Directv program you get the top of the line package for free. Overtime is very plentiful.

Cons

You get promoted if you can sell and hound others to sell. Team leaders are puppets for high level managers to create a sweatshop environment. If you want to be reminded that you can quit or be fired at any time every single day and that doesn't bother you or affect your morale...you'll fit right in.

Find another philosophy besides threatening employees. Money does motivate...but find better ways to retain quality employees.

Went downhill

Former Employee - Membership Consultant  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Membership Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Alorica for more than 5 years

Pros

Sales bonuses were great. Comission per account

Cons

Bonuses were minimal when accounts were closed automatically

Management could have been more helpful

The Career is what you make it.

Former Employee - Team Manager  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at Alorica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

During my 3 years of employment with Alorica, I made some very good friends and had amazing memories.

Cons

Lack in benefits for upper management and pay was awful for Team Managers.

If you are successful CCP stay an agent. My agents made twice what I made due to raises and bonuses and sales.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

technical support

I have been working at Alorica full-time

Pros

learned more about computers and electronics

Cons

it's not in the medical field

work on employee morale

Not too bad if your just looking for a paycheck....

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in El Paso, TX

I worked at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay & benefits for full time employee's & there is plenty of overtime to go around!!

Cons

2nd & 3rd shifts are the only thing available making it difficult to juggle family life if you have little ones. Breaks are limited to 15 min. however most is spent just trying to walk to café or outside, Never once did I eat lunch at scheduled time due to extensive call volume once everyone rush's to begin taking there lunch all at the same time leaving myself & other's to have to wait or get pushed back yet if I didn't take one then I was the one being scolded when shifts were almost over by the time I was able to take a lunch, Systems are constantly crashing or not proving enough info needed to handle the call, and the training is the least professional I've ever experienced. Beginning with the original trainer who never returned back to complete our training we had already started instead 2 unqualified trainer's were left to continue make the rest of the training a pure joke! Honestly was not prepared at all for the floor but managed all in all.

I'd recommend that management act a lot more professional & react to certain situations with a sense of urgency. Most of the management I worked with were beyond lazy, continued to have sexual encounters with staff and took numerous cigarette breaks which did nothing to help the stuffy smell in the building. The company is great the staff not so much.

Who likes High School?

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fresno, CA

I worked at Alorica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If it wasn't for the years I spent there I NEVER would have gotten the BEST job I have ever had in my entire life. The "Customer Service" experience is absolutely a plus. Especially for those looking to advance to a different call center that treats its employees with respect and dignity. So that's the only plus there. Finding the right team lead or team members makes ALL the difference. How ever most managers take out their frustrations on their team. But its a paycheck IF you really need one.

Cons

Management, Drama, groups. Its like high school all over again. You have employees who work there for YEARS and constantly being overlooked for promotion due to AD or TL "Favorites". want to move up and get ahead in that job? Bring in baked goods and bribe the leadership or get in a "Relationship" with them. there are many conference rooms not being used (IF you get my drift). The place is shady. How they managed to pull the wool over their account provider's eyes are beyond me. They literally have you sign stuff you never did. Audit calls to ensure that only certain ones are played for clients. Its a VERY shady business. Also if you want to go through high school drama and be stressed out then go for it. I wouldn't recommend working there unless it was this or being homeless.

Stop the drama. recognize your employees for their talents. want to see less of a turn over rate? treat them with respect. Understand that LIFE happens and there is nothing you can do about it. Don't threaten them with termination when something bad happens in their life. Don't treat surveys like they are a life or death situation. Understand mistakes can happen. Don't falsify your paperwork and hide things from your client. Open up other accounts. grow. If you can overcome these obstacles and can listen to your employees maybe you will be a reputable company. Also Employees don't stand for their issues. report them to their CEO and the Client CEO. Twitter is a wonderful thing SO is facebook and email. YOU as human beings do not have to be afraid to stand up for yourself.

Hard labor, flat $9 pay, employees unappreciated.

Former Employee - Telesales  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Telesales in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have a guaranteed 40 hours full time job with benefits. In this economy, be glad you have a job.

Cons

Flexible long hours. While you are at work, forget you have a life. Phones not allowed to be used in the bathroom while you are on break, you will be fired on the spot. Training hours are chose by Management, it can be 9am to 5pm if you are lucky, but mostly 4.30pm to 1.00am.

Management lack leadership qualities, why? Because they make only a dollar more than their subordinates $10. Advice to Management is to treat their employees with respect and not take their frustration out on them. Everyone is their to make a living for survival

Worst place to work

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent  in  Magna, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Magna, UT

I have been working at Alorica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free popcorn, dual monitors, co workers..

Cons

No growth, always cold, power outages, servers go down.. High stress. Bad benefits.lazy management. Really high in bound call volume.

The way it's heading.. There will soon be no management. Better training. Quit being so cheap.. We need better bathrooms it's disgusting.

Not a good place to work!!

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Alorica full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you can actually hit commission goals you can make good money.

Cons

Management is terrible!!! Team managers only care about themselves and don't care about agents. Stressful and you are required to do mandatory overtime every week so you really only get 1 day off a week.

Work with employee situations, train team managers more effectively!!! Stop with the mandatory overtime!!

life changing

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Alorica full-time for more than a year

Pros

location easy to find right off highway I 75

Cons

no benefits, salary poor not competitive at all

Worked for Alorica? Contribute to the Community!