Alpaytac, Inc. Reviews

Reset
1.2
Huma Gruaz
1 Rating

My time at Alpaytac was enlightening in many ways.

Former Contractor - Junior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Junior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Alpaytac, Inc. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about PR Chance to contribute to new business proposals

Cons

Upper management doesn't value employees, treats them poorly. Overworks employess Pay is low.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better, value them better to encourage them to produce their best work.

2. Horrible Experience and Horrible Company

Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Alpaytac, Inc. as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the staff was friendly and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

Where should I start. Firstly, clients are like a revolving door. They come and go quickly. Alpaytac makes promised that they cannot deliver. Upper management is awful. They lie to employees and clients. Employees are frowned upon of they decide to take lunch outside of the building. They are also expected to work rigorous hours. I understand that the pr industry is constant however there is no work life balance here. Along with ever moving clients, employees aren't there for much time either. The company hires several interns but rarely keeps any. Please avoid this company. Their pr strategies and techniques are old fashion and outdated. Your better run not walk from this company! Don't let me even get started on te CEO. What a sham!

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over, with a new name and CEO.

Whether you're a potential employee or new client: RUN

I worked at Alpaytac, Inc. full-time

Pros

It would be very easy for me to say none, but I will give credit where credit is due. The staff (under senior management) is extremely talented and hard working. There's truly a team environment and a sense that everyone is in in together. You can move up the chain quickly if you're working at the company during a time of high turnover (which is always). There are one or two "cool" clients, and you'll occasionally get to do fun work.

Cons

Where to begin.... - Senior management is absolutely terrible. They have no idea how to manage people and contribute nothing positive to client work. - Employees are treated worse than horribly. They are reprimanded for the smallest "error" and are not trusted whatsoever. Senior management is condescending and rude and has no respect for their time. - The company does not have an impressive client list - many of their clients are startups that leave very quickly. The constant rotation of clients makes it really hard to build relationships and produce solid results. - New business is completely out of line. Potential clients are lied to in terms of what results the team can produce and who will be working on their accounts. Senior management lies (no easy way to say it) about their capabilities and constantly "fluffs" their previous work. - The interns.. the poor interns. They are used for cheap labor and are treated just as badly as staff. They rarely hire interns and the decision making process behind the hiring is completely flawed. - There is NO work life balance. Let me be clear. I couldn't possibly count how many events I missed or how many plans I was forced to cancel due to "client emergencies" most of which were a direct result of poor time management from the C suite. When working at Alpaytac, you will frequently come in early, stay late, work over the weekends and spend 90% of your free time checking emails fearful of receiving a rude note from, again, senior management.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, do not micromanage so much. Gain some respect for your team and treat them like human beings instead of work mules. Be more selective during the recruiting process and don't sign with just any client that knocks on your door. Don't lie during the new business process and promise things that the team cannot realistically achieve. Offer better benefits and incentives for employees. Recruit employees who will actually do work instead of delegate. Ask your current employees for areas to improve.

Horrible Culture & Work Environment

I worked at Alpaytac, Inc. full-time

Pros

Working at Alpaytac is a huge eye-opener and a learning experience, if only for what not to look for in a company/job. There is a tremendous sense of camaraderie and support among employees because the culture fosters a "in it together" type of attitude.

Cons

The time I spent working at Alpaytac was some of the most stressful of my career. Employees are expected to work long hours and receive little to no benefits for doing so. Senior Management is involved in every project, not for employee growth or strategy deployment, but rather for a lack of trust. New business is a focus, but there are not enough team members to truly deliver on promised results. Tasks are doled out with no regard for employee utilization and absolutely zero support. The absolute worst thing about working there though is the treatment of employees from the C-suite. There is a utter lack of respect and even when honest discourse does take place, senior management blames all problems on the staff rather than taking a serious look at company issues.

Advice to Management

Trust and listen to your employees - they are on the ground level and can provide insight on much needed improvements.

RSS Feed </> Embed