Alpaytac, Inc.

www.alpaytac.com

Alpaytac, Inc. Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 6, 2014
Alpaytac, Inc. – Chicago – “Huma Gruaz’s life and work benefit the PR…”

Huma Gruaz

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My time at Alpaytac was enlightening in many ways.

Junior Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLearn a lot about PR
    Chance to contribute to new business proposals

ConsUpper management doesn't value employees, treats them poorly.
    Overworks employess
    Pay is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better, value them better to encourage them to produce their best work.

Whether you're a potential employee or new client: RUN

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt would be very easy for me to say none, but I will give credit where credit is due.

The staff (under senior management) is extremely talented and hard working. There's truly a team environment and a sense that everyone is in in together.

You can move up the chain quickly if you're working at the company during a time of high turnover (which is always).

There are one or two "cool" clients, and you'll occasionally get to do fun work.

ConsWhere to begin....

- Senior management is absolutely terrible. They have no idea how to manage people and contribute nothing positive to client work.
    - Employees are treated worse than horribly. They are reprimanded for the smallest "error" and are not trusted whatsoever. Senior management is condescending and rude and has no respect for their time.
    - The company does not have an impressive client list - many of their clients are startups that leave very quickly. The constant rotation of clients makes it really hard to build relationships and produce solid results.
    - New business is completely out of line. Potential clients are lied to in terms of what results the team can produce and who will be working on their accounts. Senior management lies (no easy way to say it) about their capabilities and constantly "fluffs" their previous work.
    - The interns.. the poor interns. They are used for cheap labor and are treated just as badly as staff. They rarely hire interns and the decision making process behind the hiring is completely flawed.
    - There is NO work life balance. Let me be clear. I couldn't possibly count how many events I missed or how many plans I was forced to cancel due to "client emergencies" most of which were a direct result of poor time management from the C suite. When working at Alpaytac, you will frequently come in early, stay late, work over the weekends and spend 90% of your free time checking emails fearful of receiving a rude note from, again, senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees, do not micromanage so much.

Gain some respect for your team and treat them like human beings instead of work mules.

Be more selective during the recruiting process and don't sign with just any client that knocks on your door.

Don't lie during the new business process and promise things that the team cannot realistically achieve.

Offer better benefits and incentives for employees.

Recruit employees who will actually do work instead of delegate.

Ask your current employees for areas to improve.

Horrible Culture & Work Environment

(Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWorking at Alpaytac is a huge eye-opener and a learning experience, if only for what not to look for in a company/job. There is a tremendous sense of camaraderie and support among employees because the culture fosters a "in it together" type of attitude.

ConsThe time I spent working at Alpaytac was some of the most stressful of my career. Employees are expected to work long hours and receive little to no benefits for doing so. Senior Management is involved in every project, not for employee growth or strategy deployment, but rather for a lack of trust. New business is a focus, but there are not enough team members to truly deliver on promised results. Tasks are doled out with no regard for employee utilization and absolutely zero support. The absolute worst thing about working there though is the treatment of employees from the C-suite. There is a utter lack of respect and even when honest discourse does take place, senior management blames all problems on the staff rather than taking a serious look at company issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and listen to your employees - they are on the ground level and can provide insight on much needed improvements.

Worked for Alpaytac, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!