Alpha EMC

Kirk Foster

Happy Camper!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Environmentally Focused
    -Fast Paced
    -Career Advancement
    -Co-Workers
    -Well Defined Goals
    -Work with great people from the construction industry
    -Not locked behind your desk all day

Cons

-Clients can be demanding
    -Rapid growth creates an environment of ongoing changes to organization
    -Working with government agencies can be frustrating.

-Never lose your strong focus on clients and people.
    -You don't always have to bend over backwards for your clients.
    -Pay your people more money;-)

A company that is most likely a good place to work, but does not cater to the 50 something crowd.

Current Employee - Administrative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Administrative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good folks to work for. Seems to be growing faster than they can accommodate customer needs.

Cons

A young crowd, mostly making the rules up as they go along. If you are accustomed to working in an environment where middle aged is not frowned upon, I could not recommend this environment.

No advice.

Zero incentive to do a good job.

Former Employee - Field Consultant/Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Field Consultant/Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Actual work responsibilities (Field Consultant/Analyst) are relatively enjoyable
    - Largely independent work that requires high degree of employee responsibility
    - Good inspections can result in corrective actions

Cons

- There are a total lack of incentives on all levels. There were no actionable reviews of our inspections. Therefore, if you are a hard-working employee who strives to do a good job, you will ultimately go nuts when you see that lazy employees receive no reprimands. Not only do known poor employees keep their positions, if you temporarily or permanently cover their area then you will have to make up for their slackness. Overall, a general sense of apathy.
    - 90% of fellow co-workers were unhappy with their job, based upon the previously mentioned note and the poor compensation. This created a very negative, almost toxic work environment that felt like "every man or woman for themselves"
    - You will likely have to work unpaid Saturdays and occasionally Sundays based on weather patterns (for Field Consultants/Analysts). Would be less of a sticking point if they were to bring this up in the interview.

Speak to the field staff about what would make their jobs better, because almost every person I spoke with talked about quitting.

Horrible place to work and Horrible management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time

Pros

There are no pros to list while working for this company.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid employees. The only ones that make a decent cost of living wage are upper management and their favorite employees. Vacation is unrealistic unless your a boss....training is crap.....they don't care about the field employees....HUGE turnover rate....STAY AWAY.

Quit lying to people about you can provide and what they can expect.

I enjoy going to work each day! I love the work we do and the people I get to do it with.

Current Employee - Operations in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's the kind of job that keeps you motivated and busy, which I like because I can't be bored in a job. I have been put in a role that allows me to use my strengths.

Cons

External guidelines that restrict how we operate at times.

Keep talking with your people.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Challenging, Family work dynamic, Learn something new daily...evolution of role...my voice is heard and I am sought out for my opinions.

Cons

Honestly, I love the values and offerings...who doesn't want more time off but it's all equitable.

Keep doing what you are doing (I can offer advice to management now)

Overall good learning experience

Current Intern - Operations Intern in Orlando, FL
    Current Intern - Operations Intern in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alpha EMC as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, open communication with supervisor and higher up management, ability to grow and gain more responsibility within company, opportunity to work up the ladder

Cons

high turnover, pay, no system of communication between positions set up, miscommunication between builders, no process for tasks, unclear when describing full extent and expectations of position

Scary

Former Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Only If you need a job. But don't take them seriously they will screw you in the end. You get benefits which are very expensive & you have to wait six months for.

Cons

Rarely any employee last more than 6 months. Turn over is unprecedented. HR will promise you the world and make you believe that you will be with them a long time. This is not a place for anyone who has to provide for their family. This is not a place for anyone who has a college degree or any motivation for a lasting career. I really can't believe that this company has any clients left at all. The CEOs- JJ Mandato and Kirk Foster are actually AT&T executives that lost the jobs during the downsizing and both received large severance packages to invest into Alpha. They are niche business so there are not many competitors. All of their clients are forced by the EPA to follow certain guidelines that Alpha provides services for. Alpha puts all of the employees under non-competes basically barring you from working in this field for 2 years after employment. It's really scary. They offer you this great job in the beginning then they conduct a "business review" 6 months in, then they either replace or terminate you. Then your stuck and can't work in the industry for 2 years. Training is nonexistent. The salary or pay wage is way below the average. You will beat your automobile up so bad with high mileage & wear tear your car will be shot in a year if you are lucky enough to still be with Alpha. The CEO Kirk Foster mico manages the entire operation from East Coast to West Coast which causes the sale team to be grinded down. One will submit approved sales proposals to potential clients then you recieve a call from Kirk or one of his personal assistants that change every month telling thou to increase the price by 15% (that's a great way to lose a customer) From the 1st day they will expect you to work 14-15 Hour days, work on Saturday / Sundays, Xmas, Thanksgiving, all holidays & religious holidays. They say that vacation coverage exists but that is a facade. Don't expect to go on vacation. The only one that goes on Vacation is Kirk Foster because you hear about how he drives across country in his RV or goes horse back riding through Tennesee.
    It's embarrassing to say that I have ever worked for a company like this one. Not only has Alpha damaged my good name they have wasted my precious time & money.

Stop lying to your potential hires.

Don't do it. It will be your worst mistake

Former Employee - Field Quality Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Field Quality Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overtime,nothing else I can really say

Cons

No management skills, no leadership, they dont even know the material we use, expect you to be in 2 places at once, they lie to cover thereself, lie to employees/clients. Make promises they can't keep, they pay pennies , slave train, Christians I think not!! And trust me I can go on just like the other hand full I know
    Oh yeah non compete so your screwed, and trust me they will sue you. As I'm dealing with them. ALL THIS COMPANY IS, A MONEY SHARK THATS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT!

Jesus didn't like ugly.

Crooks!

Former Employee - Inspector in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Inspector in Orlando, FL

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The office building is beautiful. Some of the office staff, field inspectors, and maintenance techs are really nice. That's about it!

Cons

Horrible management, pay, unrealistic expectations, unethical practices and behaviors, benefits are ridiculous...I could go on and on. And this is a Christian company!!!!! Yeah right!