Alpha EMC Reviews

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
2.8

Kirk Foster

I enjoy going to work each day! I love the work we do and the people I get to do it with.

Current Employee - Operations  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's the kind of job that keeps you motivated and busy, which I like because I can't be bored in a job. I have been put in a role that allows me to use my strengths.

Cons

External guidelines that restrict how we operate at times.

Keep talking with your people.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging, Family work dynamic, Learn something new daily...evolution of role...my voice is heard and I am sought out for my opinions.

Cons

Honestly, I love the values and offerings...who doesn't want more time off but it's all equitable.

Keep doing what you are doing (I can offer advice to management now)

Scary

Former Employee - Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only If you need a job. But don't take them seriously they will screw you in the end. You get benefits which are very expensive & you have to wait six months for.

Cons

Rarely any employee last more than 6 months. Turn over is unprecedented. HR will promise you the world and make you believe that you will be with them a long time. This is not a place for anyone who has to provide for their family. This is not a place for anyone who has a college degree or any motivation for a lasting career. I really can't believe that this company has any clients left at all. The CEOs- JJ Mandato and Kirk Foster are actually AT&T executives that lost the jobs during the downsizing and both received large severance packages to invest into Alpha. They are niche business so there are not many competitors. All of their clients are forced by the EPA to follow certain guidelines that Alpha provides services for. Alpha puts all of the employees under non-competes basically barring you from working in this field for 2 years after employment. It's really scary. They offer you this great job in the beginning then they conduct a "business review" 6 months in, then they either replace or terminate you. Then your stuck and can't work in the industry for 2 years. Training is nonexistent. The salary or pay wage is way below the average. You will beat your automobile up so bad with high mileage & wear tear your car will be shot in a year if you are lucky enough to still be with Alpha. The CEO Kirk Foster mico manages the entire operation from East Coast to West Coast which causes the sale team to be grinded down. One will submit approved sales proposals to potential clients then you recieve a call from Kirk or one of his personal assistants that change every month telling thou to increase the price by 15% (that's a great way to lose a customer) From the 1st day they will expect you to work 14-15 Hour days, work on Saturday / Sundays, Xmas, Thanksgiving, all holidays & religious holidays. They say that vacation coverage exists but that is a facade. Don't expect to go on vacation. The only one that goes on Vacation is Kirk Foster because you hear about how he drives across country in his RV or goes horse back riding through Tennesee.
    It's embarrassing to say that I have ever worked for a company like this one. Not only has Alpha damaged my good name they have wasted my precious time & money.

Stop lying to your potential hires.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't do it. It will be your worst mistake

Former Employee - Field Quality Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Field Quality Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overtime,nothing else I can really say

Cons

No management skills, no leadership, they dont even know the material we use, expect you to be in 2 places at once, they lie to cover thereself, lie to employees/clients. Make promises they can't keep, they pay pennies , slave train, Christians I think not!! And trust me I can go on just like the other hand full I know
    Oh yeah non compete so your screwed, and trust me they will sue you. As I'm dealing with them. ALL THIS COMPANY IS, A MONEY SHARK THATS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT!

Jesus didn't like ugly.

Crooks!

Former Employee - Inspector  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Inspector in Orlando, FL

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office building is beautiful. Some of the office staff, field inspectors, and maintenance techs are really nice. That's about it!

Cons

Horrible management, pay, unrealistic expectations, unethical practices and behaviors, benefits are ridiculous...I could go on and on. And this is a Christian company!!!!! Yeah right!

Started out very excited then ended up as the worse place I've worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winter Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Springs, FL

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employess are helpful and nice

Cons

There is no training or guidance for your responsibility. Upper management is extremely unorganized and quick to place the blame on someone else or will pass the buck, they also do not let the owners of what is really going on, very deceitful and will flat out lie to your face, do not take honest answers well, no structure or procedures in any process, little to no communication from upper management

Listen to your employees even if it not what you want to hear, treat your field employees with respect they are the ones bringing in the jobs and money, stop saying you understand when it is clear you do not, stop changing every process in less than a month, start "owning" your responsibilities by training your employees

Positive...people care and want to build a great company

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time

Pros

Care of company, meaningful work, fairly autonomous, ability to learn and grow quickly.

Cons

If you need to be around people all the time, it may not be as ideal because there are periods of alone time. Rainy season can be tough.

Keep doing what you have been doing to add value. Benefits, 401K, etc have been great.

Great experience and for good reasons

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the field. Love the company. Love the work.

Cons

Can be a bit isolated at times due to nature of the work but it also allows freedom and being outdoors.

Continue to make the improvements seen and hold others accountable.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Sales/Operations Manager  in  Winter Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Sales/Operations Manager in Winter Springs, FL

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

All Employees have their voices heard
    Compensation is rewarded based on commitment and results, no favoritism
    Always ready to adapt to new ideas from employees
    Very fun office atmosphere and great people to work with
    This is a place where you need to work hard if looking for an easy job you need not apply

Cons

Benefits do not start until 6 months for most employees

I really enjoy working at Alpha. Its a very unique place with a ton of great people. The people are great and I feel like there is a ton of room for growth if you are willing to move and adapt to our clients needs.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Field Quality Manager  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Field Quality Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Room for growth. Environmental field. Meet lots of contacts for your next job opportunity. Out of office and in field.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management to field
    Training.
    Expected to wear company logo shirts and pay with your own $
    They will wear your car out and act like a gas card and $2000 a year car stipend is doing you a favor.
    They provide a iPhone 4, so out of date it is not funny. No talk and text, navigation stinks. How about providing a case since you make us pay if it gets broke?

Get out of the office and into the field. Provide a phone that is beneficial. Go stand in a parking lot in the middle of the day when it is 100 degrees and do a po on the iPhone 4. Find a system and stick to it. Formulate a training program. Communication needs to be from top to bottom, it doesn't happen that way currently.

Worked for Alpha EMC? Contribute to the Community!