Alpha Systems (Huntingdon Valley)

www.alpha-sys.com

Alpha Systems (Huntingdon Valley) Reviews

Updated Mar 21, 2014
Alpha Systems (Huntingdon Valley) – Southampton – “Front of building”

Alpha Systems (Huntingdon Valley) – Southampton – “Front of building”

Brett Griffith

Family company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntingdon Valley, PA

ProsFlexible hours
    Family friendly
    Good culture
    Lower level employees are great hard worker and super friendly. They are the reason you like to work here.

ConsBenefits are very expensive, very hard for pay check to paycheck person to afford. Some areas no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your company more affordable to work for.

Great family company, losing touch with its employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Huntingdon Valley, PA

ProsGood natured people, good values.

ConsBenefits package is next to unaffordable, salaries are kind of a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your research. Use competitors as a basis for how you should benefit and compensate your employees.

It's unlike any other place I've ever known or worked

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFlexible hours (depending on your job title), friendly co-workers, company events, alternate pizza/bagel days the last friday of every month

ConsUnfair promotions, unfair practices and procedures, lack of communication, unfair yearly reviews for employees, high level of nepotism, terrible benefits, unbalanced work/life schedule, and a lack of compassion

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest advice I can give to management would be to show more dedication and professionalism in their roles. Also to listen to (really listen, not just hear words) their employees and do what they can to help their employees learn and grow, and achieve the company's ultimate goal of customer satisfaction, being our client's favorite partner in business. There are too many that care more about their superiority and job security than the reflection of the company to our clients. Some are more concerned with delegating and pointing fingers when the main priority should be getting the job done effeciently and in the expected timely manner. I also strongly feel that an employees job tite/salary should reflect one's skill set and qualifications rather than their popularity or internal relationships with other employees (which unfortunately seems to be the way to move up the ladder in this place).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Keep your mouth shut and don't have opinions of your own

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Southampton, PA

ProsGood work/life balance. Really trying hard to go Agile. Few meetings, quick decision making. Relaxed environment whenever management isn't around. Trying to adopt the latest software development technologies and methodologies.

ConsVery hierarchical management style. Senior management is not open to hearing opinions that differ from their own. Despite the agile platitudes, priorities are still changed on a whim.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry listening to your employees, especially the experienced ones.

Worked for Alpha Systems (Huntingdon Valley)? Contribute to the Community!