Alpine Access

Alpine Access Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Alpine Access President & CEO Chris Carrington

Chris Carrington

Pros
  • Yes you get the freedom to work from home, at the same time you do not make much money(in 198 reviews)

• No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers,(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • back to back calls and no paid time off(in 20 reviews)

• They rarely take responsibility for any tech issues, their fault or not(in 31 reviews)

Seat-of-your-pants, employees-training-employees training, "first-call-resolution" my eye, pay disputes & lies.

Xbox Universal Remote Tech (Former Employee) Royal Oak, MI

ProsWork-at-home, remote tech, customer service experience.

ConsThey used their access to my home network to steal and delete all my data, conspired to bury all my exceptional customer feedback, manipulated to keep me online beyond the number of hours I agreed to work, cheated me out of pay and then kept me online trying to prove it, deliberately caused "technical difficulties" to delay my shift and waste my time, had bad supervisors that were jealous of my technical knowledge and punished me for it, had good supervisors that they bullied -- just a nightmare company.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your entire deceptive, manipulative culture, maybe even fire yourself because you stood by and watched it all and ignored my pleas to you.

Busy work place.

Customer Service Billing (Current Employee) Titusville, FL

ProsAm able to work from home.

ConsNo pay increase after almost 2 years with the company and no benefits to speak of.

Poor pay and Poor Team Leads!

Work At Home Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsWork at home, flexible scheduling, team leads can be understanding sometimes, work life balance is okay.

ConsPoor pay, team leads will often lie about conversations you may have and with them and they don't always report facts in cases of incidents. Some team leads are very rude and unprofessional. Poor benefits, no overtime pay, software acts up sometimes and your unable to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

tech issues, unrealistic goals, non compliance of federal laws oh my!

Employee (Current Employee)

ProsAlpine Access does have work available, (after you pay for your co pay, purchase your own equipment, get the service THEY want and their stuff still doesn't work....but you do get a check..

ConsThey blame your technical issues on "java updates" and tell you not to update YOUR computer. They tell you your equipment is incompatible, then you go and buy new equipment and they say THAT is non-compatible
    ,,,,if your not able to buy the equipment that is compatible with the project, then its time for the project to update THEIR equipment.

You make request for things, such as changes in schedules and it take 18 months to get the changes made, no joke. They rotate you on team leads so that the new team lead doesn't know the situation and you start back from the very beginning.

No pay raises. Although they claim bonuses, those are only to people who work 60 plus hours a week. Some of their bonuses include "product of the services they work in" such as "a free phone" is you work a phone subscription, "a free subscription" if you work on a subscription based program, a free product for the program you work. or "time off" which was suppose to have been given to you to begin with.

When you have to take time off, such as a Court Hearing, they require proof...and they still won't pay you for the time off!

Crappy Benefits

Lack of Training

incompetent leaders and people who tell you to lie to the customers.

and a million other things.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile Metrics are important, you have to look at customer retention. If the representatives retains the customer, but the calls are outside of the metrics, which is more important, saving the customer or exceeding the limits on the calls? The customers that call in are so infuriated with my program, due to technical issues with the programs, software that doesn't work, instructions that we send to customers that are to "resolve" the issues, which doesn't "resolve" the issue.

management treats its customers the same they treat the employees...like crap.

Customer Service Representative

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsWork From Home, Direct Deposit was always on time

ConsThey start you off processing orders and returns and they start piling on more and more duties with no pay raise. The more responsibilities you have means they open you up to take calls from more queues. This equals non-stop back to back calls for your entire shift. I lost my voice repeatedly and I finally had to resign because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking advantage of your work from home agents

Shorted hours almost every paycheck.

CCP (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsDon't have to commute to work.

ConsShort hours consistently and payroll won't honor it, ignore emails for pay adjustments, lack of communication, tech issues not paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't nickel and dime your employees. My first impression of the company was being shorted a few hours of my training. All of my emails were ignored to try and get an adjustment. Every other check from there on, was missing a couple hours here and an hour there. What's sad is you guys make no effort to make any reimbursement. Instead you arrogantly deny everything or just ignore the issue completely. At times, even had the gall to blame me for missing hours or any other issues. Never dealt with such arrogance from an employer in my life. I could go on forever, with all the issues I went back and forth on with this company. Still to this day too, and I haven't worked for this co. in a couple years. You guys are still sticking it to me. Worst employer I've ever worked for.

Work at home!

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for alpine access for over a year. It started off great until all of the system changes. There are usually lots of hours. With my particular company, there was always an abundance so we were always busy.

ConsVery hard to change your schedule after hired. They have blackout dates which are set up so you have no other choice but to work almost all holidays. Management changes alot.

Too many changes, incompetent management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can work at home.

ConsThe job at Sprint is too busy, no breaks, no time to breathe, awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying more if you are going to work people half dead. Get better benefits, your current are an insult.

Take the callers' abuse and just be happy you have a job

Member Relations Agent (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFrequent pay bonuses
    My loved my teamlead
    There was numerous opportunities to give feedback to the company about our experiences and work environment
    I could pick-up extra shifts from co-workers
    Program support staff are approachable, informative, and efficient
    They're always hiring

ConsI didnt like having to blamed for the client's operations
    Insurance benefits were a joke
    Help desk wasnt always efficient
    My job with AARP was redundant and boring
    You have to be employed a year before you can change you shift or switch clients
    High turn over rate

Thankful to have a job!

Tier II Help Desk (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat scheduling options and work to life balance.

ConsLow pay makes it hard to pay the bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump the pay to retain quality folks.

Worked for Alpine Access? Contribute to the Community!