Alpine Access

Alpine Access Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Alpine Access President & CEO Chris Carrington

Chris Carrington

Pros:
  • "Yes you get the freedom to work from home, at the same time you do not make much money"
    in 187 reviews
  • "No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers,"
    in 27 reviews
Cons:
  • "back to back calls and no paid time off"
    in 20 reviews
  • "maybe the fact that there is tech issues once in a while but other than that my experience has been awesome"
    in 28 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Class action suit against them for employee abuse

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Alpine Access full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWelcome to the third world in America. I suppose this is better than nothing?

ConsIt is all there in the Class Action lawsuit against this company for making employees work without pay while the company technology fails. Any positive reviews are absolutely written by company management. Don't believe a word of good about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementUseless. Also, why force employee to stay for a year in order to rehire when in fact you do not rehire? Hey, if you work for them, don't say you were not warned.

More cons than pros

I have been working at Alpine Access

ProsThey offer good pay, steady work, work at home opportunities. They provide full paid training. Opportunities for advancement exist (as long as you are perfect).

Consconstantly coached on certain words to use when speaking to customers, i.e. use 'issue' instead of 'problem'. Absolutely no dead air, you will fail a quality overview on the call. If you forget to mention particular advise to a customer it counts against your overall performance. You must maintain, according to their policies, a perfect attendance, call handle time, top box surveys, etc, etc at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be more concerned with the quality of assistance pertaining to the overall assistance and professional personality and attitude provided to the customer. For example, regardless if there was a couple of minutes of dead air here and there while researching the 'issue' as long as the customer's 'issue' was resolved adequately with a professional demeanor. Not everyone can carry a conversation about one thing all while researching and typing something completely different!

Great Supervisors, Poor Management

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Alpine Access part-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork at home, no dress code, no driving expenses, awesome supervisors

ConsNo pay for internet down time, 30 min lunches, no raises, angry callers, very stressful and not enough compensation due to unrealistic client goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou ask how you can make our jobs better, we give you suggestions but we are not heard. Give more respect and value to your employees. For starters, a mere 30 minute lunch break is ridiculous, give us a break. We work hard in a stressful work environment, we deserve to have a decent lunch break to wind down before we get back on the phones to more high stress calls. There are some clients that require extensive training and up-training and are very demanding and stressful and yet the pay does not match the job requirements. The clients have extremely high metric goals that are very difficult to attain. You don't give raises because you say if goals are met then we could receive bonuses. We are not animals, we are humans. You train your employees to give exceptional customer service by recognizing value, actively listening, demonstrating empathy while taking care of their needs. You should also give the same treatment to your employees.

This is a great co to work for.

Work At Home Customer Care Professional (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for more than a year

Proscan work from home. you do not have to commute out to some place else to work.

Consnone really. I like my job. I have no reason to complain. Just want to make more money per hr.

Advice to Senior Managementteam leads are awsome

Alpine Access was the worst company I ever worked for

XBOX Customer Support Agent (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at Alpine Access full-time for more than a year

ProsIts great to work from home and not have to drive anywhere

ConsUnrealistic expectations for employees for many things beyond their control that can cause employees to get fired

Very disorganized

Act as if they really care about their employees when in reality, they do not

Tyranical quality control team that often gives fialing scores to agents for a call when most in the field would beklieve they did a good job on the call

Forcing mandatory jump offs meaning you were scheduled to work a certain number of hours, but get far less: They started this out of the bluie for the XBOX Client in January 2012 without any warning to any of the employees that it was going to happen.

False promises that are often broken

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect, not like slaves

Do not force employees to leave their scheduled shift without pay (mandatory jump offs). Any good company to work for does not force employees to do this

so far its been great

Customer Service Representative A&F Representative (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for less than a year

ProsWork at home, ability to speak with supervisors over chat, lots of freedom to make your own choices. The client i work for puts us in charge of our customers and lets us do whats best for them without having to ask permission which is wonderful! I really love working here.

ConsPay is only 8.00 an hour for the client i work for, 35 hours a week is the max you can get, and sometimes your only scheduled 14 hours -25 You can pick up extra shifts if people give them away, fair amount of overtime but need more hours

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, you have all done a great job and thanks for the daily updates!

Working from home

Alpine Access CCP (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alpine Access for more than 3 years

ProsWorking from home is great and if you can get a good position, you can eventually advance. Training is typically good.

ConsLeadership is hit or miss. Command Center people used to be great then they outsourced them overseas and the people they hired have no idea what they are talking about or how to deal with people.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic or your employees will quit. Bring back the old OCC team. I rated low on culture and values because they used to value their employees and now that sykes took over they don't seem as concerned.

Absolutely terrible management

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time for less than a year

ProsWork from home, computer provided

ConsNo feedback from supervisors, you get juggled around from sup to sup, customer feedback is only thing that matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was juggled around between three supervisors total in a matter of a three week period. When you tried to get assistance from T2, 3 out of 4 times you would get ignored, and sometimes you would get a smart-ass answer (if you were lucky to receive a response). The only thing that matters to the supervisors is the surveys. If a customer doesn't like the fact that you can't do something per policy, they rate you low, and then you get bumped from being able to receive any raises.
     We were forced to work 10 1/2 hour days back to back, and even if you try to have your schedule changed, fat chance on that happening. Training? Next to none. With the work capacity that our project had, we should have received at least a month of training. We only had two weeks.
    I've worked for 5 other call centers in my experience, and this has been by far the worst company (even outside of the call center field) that I've worked for.

Meh

Agent (Current Employee)
Home Garden, CA

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for less than a year

ProsWork from home, no diving in bad weather

ConsThey rate you on peoples opinions of Our Client, then when you get a bottom score its your fault for not "manipulating" he customers views on Our Client.

Different

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alpine Access

ProsGrreat Pay and hours equal

ConsThey Blame you for your computer troubles despite weather conditions and nature

Worked for Alpine Access? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alpine Access reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alpine Access CEO Chris Carrington. All 275 reviews posted anonymously by Alpine Access employees.