Alpine Access Reviews

340 reviews filtered by
2.6
Alpine Access CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • The ability to work from home is the only reason I work for this client (in 213 reviews)

• No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers, (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • back to back calls and no paid time off (in 21 reviews)

• If you have tech issues keep track of your time or you will not get paid for it (in 35 reviews)

1. Take the good with the bad

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

Friendly. Team environment . Single parent, can be home with my boys

Cons

Some TL's are Not that knowledgeable. Switch your teams without any notification. Would like increase in pay

2. Ok place to work. I as better before the sudden merger...

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

Work from Home
    Great training
    Wonderful people to work with

Cons

Pay not great. Micro management. Constant irate customers. Clients only care about their profits. No interest in those who take their calls.

Higher wages if adding more responsibility. Treat your at home employees like people instead of numbers. Home employees got the company to where it is well before the merger with Sykes.

3. As a Customer Care Professional I worked with a large company assisting with payment arrangements and billing issues.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

The team leaders are great to work with. There is always overtime to earn extra income.

Cons

Healthcare benefits are not that great. With the client I worked for, there was always an overwhelming call volume.

Hire more people for the large call volume. Offer better Healthcare benefits.

5. Not so Bad! legit work at home job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Alpine Access part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, lots of room for improvements

Cons

No Raise pay! I've been to 7 supervisors during my 2 years with the company, schedule fluctuates once in a while, Voluntary Jump Offs offer when there's a Low call volume. Or they will lessen your hours whether you like it or not,

Team leaders doesn't mind being too personal with their agents, sticking their nose, and using their position to let somebody fail.

6. Great experience

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Alpine Access part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home. Great support from team leads.

Cons

Back to back calls. Little pay. Tech issues.

Pay increase.

Best Company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Alpine Access part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Alpine Access (Sykes Home) puts their people first, they hire great supervisors and they want to keep good employees supported, well-trained and happy.

The pros of my job are that I do not have to commute, I work great hours and I am well-paid. I find my work very rewarding, I provide tech support and am able to solve complex technical issues so that my callers can go back to work.

Cons

Call centers can be difficult to work in. Caller can be rough and uncompromising, the client's policies may not line up with what you feel is morally sound and the call volume for some clients can be very high. I have worked for two clients and one was very difficult with all the cons listed above but I transferred to another client and I love it. If you aren't' happy, you can transfer to another client within Sykes.

I feel that the Management is one of the best parts of working for Alpine Access, they hire and promote from within and they choose their management not just based on knowledge and experience but based on people skills and compassion.

8. Alpine Access

I worked at Alpine Access (more than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Decent training, great communication between home agents and team leads. Good technology. They try hard to motivate employees by offering drawings and so forth for working holidays.

Cons

Minimal pay with no real path to better. No benefits. Substantial problems with communication within lower management- ie assistant team leads working help line would tell a rep to escalate a problem, then going to different assistant team leads to get the escalation approved they would refuse to approve the escalation and tell you to do something else- all this with a customer on the phone- very frustrating.

Increasing your pay scale a bit would do wonders to make employees feel appreciated. An appreciated employee will almost always exceed what's expected of them.

Top management doesn't appreciate the employees. No benefit for being long term employee.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful direct support and co-workers. Excellent training and no micro-management. Steady employment with possible OT available. A legitimate work at home company.

Cons

Hard to move to other programs; Pigeon-holed to where they want you. If you are lucky enough to get a team lead that cares about you its great but noone above them cares about you at all. The new "come to us if you have concerns or need support regarding your job department" is useless and insulting.

Value your long term employees by giving them more shift flexibility, perfect attendance incentives and how about a token of appreciation once in a while. Even a $15 gift card for the holiday would have been nice.

If I hadn't got a bi-weekly paycheck I would've said this place was a scam

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working from home, that's it. That's the ONLY pro with this place.

Cons

Very very low wages for what you are asked to do and put up with. I was on two programs over the course of 6-7 months before I finally resigned. This is the most unorganized company I have EVER worked for. The week that I resigned our group was changed to three different supervisors so I had no idea who to tell about my resignation. They didn't even know until a woman called to ask why I had not e-signed an important document that had come out that week. Training is an absolute joke and the first program didn't even train us on all the systems that was necessary to do your job. Was told that you'd learn once you started to use them. Not something you want to deal with if you have an irate customer on the phone.

Team leads are on a constant power trip and you will be treated like a child regardless of how good or bad of a job you do.

Tech issues, if you have them you won't get paid. I followed procedures and did what I needed to do complete with a tech support ticket number but was not paid for a complete days work even though it was their phone system that was not working.

Everyone that I came in contact with seemed as if they were running a scam. Nobody seemed legit. It was all very shady and the only thing that was legit was the fact I got paid on time, every two weeks like I was supposed to. The hours I worked never matched what I truly worked but they did at least pay me something. If I had been there a day longer I was going to put in my account info into the client's database just to see if it pulled me up. It was really that shady of a company.

You just need to close shop completely. It amazes me that companies such as Microsoft and AT&T allow you to service their customers this way.

11. Freedom

Former Employee - Team Leader/Trainer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Trainer in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to work from home and take care of family while making money.

Cons

Sometimes the hours or ability to effectively communicate with your boss is harder.

n/a