Alpine Access Reviews

Reset
2.5
Alpine Access CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • The only upside is that they are work from home (in 213 reviews)

• There is no commute for employment (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • maybe the fact that there is tech issues once in a while but other than that my experience has been awesome (in 35 reviews)

• The team leads don't care about you (in 31 reviews)

1. Amazing at home work pre 2008

Former Employee - Recruiter/Interviewer Quality Assurance Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Interviewer Quality Assurance Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked from home for many programs such as: Mytwinn Dolls, 1-800 Flowers, Vermont Teddy Bear and a few other seasonal programs. Leads were top of the line.

Cons

When Alpine sold out so much changed. The programs they went after is like that of any other WAH company goes after. IT and such. I left right before the big change so I can't speak for much else.

Advice to Management

Offer better benefits
    Raise your employees wages
    Bring in some new programs

2. Review

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home. Friendly co-workers and supervisors. Constant contact with managers who really care about your advancement. Knowledgeable trainers and supervisors. Pleasant working conditions.

Cons

No close contact with supervisory personnel. Email or on line contact only. If a manager was helping someone else the customer had to wait for the answer they wanted. It was not always a good situation.

Advice to Management

More contact with managers, supervisors or others who can assist with the kinds of problems encountered by callers.

3. It Was Okay!

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

I enjoyed the fact that I worked for an actual company from the comfort of my own home. I assume that many more companies will be willing to do the same.

Cons

The pay should be a bit higher and I would love to see more chat support jobs become available.

Advice to Management

Increase job opportunities for working moms with kids at home.

5. Decent Company

Former Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unpaid time off accrual is fair and easy to use if necessary for illness or vacation.
    Some great people work in management.
    Flexibility if necessary due to current circumstances.
    Working at home
    Easy job to do if it's the right fit for you.
    Advancement opportunities

Cons

Random team restructuring
    Paid time off is only achieved if you meet a large minimum threshold and isn't a whole lot
    Tech issues
    Call center work

Advice to Management

Please provide notice for team changes and management changes.

6. Not something I would look forward to again

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Though making minimum wage during training seemed fairly low that wage jumped up considerably to the $9/hr at full time. This was really a big bonus to me and a key reason I stayed on board.

Cons

It was nice being able to work from home but it was frustrating logging every single minute. It felt very much like the supervisors didn't care much that you were a human being, but rather that you were a number behind a screen. Personal connections seemed to be very discouraged and using time off or personal time for family reasons was often denied.

Advice to Management

Understand that even working from home, emergencies can happen. Understand your employees beyond simply the numbers behind the screen.

Good employment

Current Employee - Member Representative Advocate in Mishawaka, IN
    Current Employee - Member Representative Advocate in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ability to work from home and they will try to work best with you on your hours.

Cons

when transferring to other programs, you may take a pay cut

Advice to Management

Change the breaks to 15 mins instead of 10

8. It's better than nothing, but that's not saying much.

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You work from the comfort of your own home, but believe me when I say that management uses that perk to justify the crap treatment you receive from them.

Cons

Where should I start?
    You start off in training with around 20-30 other new employees, and typically training lasts from 4-8 weeks, depending on the program. Much of the training is actually the trainer troubleshooting employee tech issues one person at a time. So much time was wasted on computer configuration (which was initially drilled in our heads that if we weren't completely ready to go by day 1 then we would be cut from training - yeah right! Some people trained over wifi and not a hard wired connection and didn't lose their jobs.)
    - In production on my particular program, all of the employees are logged into a chat room, and there is absolutely no coaching/team leader/room support at all. You are told to place the customer on hold to look up the answer to their issue in a matrix, or to ask your teammates for help in the room. With back to back calls, nobody has time to answer questions in the chat room!
    - Another huge issue it's impossible to get the team leaders' attention. You're told to IM them for an immediate response to a problem. You see them online and send IMs but may not hear back from them the entire shift. Meanwhile, your email inbox is being spammed with a plethora of emails regarding birthdays, newsletters, and updates to the knowledge database. I receive around two dozen emails per shift which I have NO time to read.
    - You are paid for being logged into the phone and along calls. Period. You aren't paid for the many emails you have to plow through and respond to, and you aren't paid for mandatory surveys about the job that you need to fill out.
    - The pay is an absolute nightmare. Minimum wage for training, $9.00/hour until you hit 3,000 hours, where you're then raised fifteen whole cents to $9.15 and hour. Three thousand hours of being cussed out by customers, Googling information for them, and having to kiss their rear end because God forbid you don't do everything in your power to appear them for a "5" on your survey.
    - Alpine/Sykes doesn't care if the customer's issue is resolved whatsoever. As long as they hit that "5" on their telephone survey. You're told that you're rewarded for meeting all of your metrics (and thereby earning 25¢ more per hour that month), which is another lie.
    - Tech issues run rampant with them applications you use, particularly the Softphone and Citrix. You will be told to "Loli" (reboot) your programs multiple times per day and because there is no real problem besides the programs running like crap, you aren't paid for the tons of time you lose. Case in point: during 2014 I only grossed $10,000 - rarely was there a paycheck with a full 40 hour week - most of the time I could barely hit 25 hours due to tech issues. I was told to grab overtime hours if I wanted more. So all of the time you spend "messing" with your computer is completely unpaid.
    - HR is another big joke. I had another employee sending disgusting inappropriate IMs to me and telling me that he was drunk on shift. I reported this to HR. Within the hour, my team leader became annoyed and standoffish to me, like I was the problem. HR asked tons of questions but never followed up after the day of the report. I found out from another coworker that the employee harassing me was just told to block me on IM and kept his job ("sexual" harassment, according to the employee handbook, is a terminable offense, by the way)
    - Paid time off must be earned, and it's not something that you can even use in an emergency (such as a same-day illness.) Even days off without pay must be scheduled weeks in advance, and usually aren't approved because the program is swamped with 20 to 30 minute call queues every day. Don't bother purchasing the benefits package either, $160 per month and pays for nothing. I had a blood draw that I ended up paying $880 out of pocket for. Alpine's "insurance" covered $25.00. NO JOKE.
    - Employment is not guaranteed. Client programs pull out and completely offshore their workforce all the time, so twice within three years I have moved onto a new program. Some other employees aren't so lucky, and end up laid off or fired to meet staffing needs.

Advice to Management

Give us what the client would give us if we worked for them under a brick and mortar roof - decent wages and paid time off; pay for our tech issues that are caused by YOUR programs.

9. HMMMM

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

Work from home, flexiable, fair, nice people

Cons

hard to get in touch with mamangers

Technical Support Rep

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

Good training. Management was awesome. They have a great PTO plan, great benefits and treated us like people and valued employees.

Cons

Providing a work computer would have resulted in a better experience rather than making the changes to my own.

Advice to Management

Consider work computers for loyal employees.

Not a Great Company

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional
    Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional

I worked at Alpine Access part-time

Pros

The other Reps are very nice.

Cons

You never get paid what you're suppose to get paid.

Advice to Management

Learn how to do your job .

RSS Feed </> Embed