www.alpineaccess.com

Updated January 26, 2015
2.6

Alpine Access CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • The ability to work from home is the only reason I work for this client (in 213 reviews)

• No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers, (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • back to back calls and no paid time off (in 21 reviews)

• If you have tech issues keep track of your time or you will not get paid for it (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Alpine Access part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home. Great support from team leads.

Cons

Back to back calls. Little pay. Tech issues.

Pay increase.

Alpine Access

I worked at Alpine Access (more than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Decent training, great communication between home agents and team leads. Good technology. They try hard to motivate employees by offering drawings and so forth for working holidays.

Cons

Minimal pay with no real path to better. No benefits. Substantial problems with communication within lower management- ie assistant team leads working help line would tell a rep to escalate a problem, then going to different assistant team leads to get the escalation approved they would refuse to approve the escalation and tell you to do something else- all this with a customer on the phone- very frustrating.

Increasing your pay scale a bit would do wonders to make employees feel appreciated. An appreciated employee will almost always exceed what's expected of them.

Top management doesn't appreciate the employees. No benefit for being long term employee.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful direct support and co-workers. Excellent training and no micro-management. Steady employment with possible OT available. A legitimate work at home company.

Cons

Hard to move to other programs; Pigeon-holed to where they want you. If you are lucky enough to get a team lead that cares about you its great but noone above them cares about you at all. The new "come to us if you have concerns or need support regarding your job department" is useless and insulting.

Value your long term employees by giving them more shift flexibility, perfect attendance incentives and how about a token of appreciation once in a while. Even a $15 gift card for the holiday would have been nice.

Best Company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Alpine Access part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Alpine Access (Sykes Home) puts their people first, they hire great supervisors and they want to keep good employees supported, well-trained and happy.

The pros of my job are that I do not have to commute, I work great hours and I am well-paid. I find my work very rewarding, I provide tech support and am able to solve complex technical issues so that my callers can go back to work.

Cons

Call centers can be difficult to work in. Caller can be rough and uncompromising, the client's policies may not line up with what you feel is morally sound and the call volume for some clients can be very high. I have worked for two clients and one was very difficult with all the cons listed above but I transferred to another client and I love it. If you aren't' happy, you can transfer to another client within Sykes.

I feel that the Management is one of the best parts of working for Alpine Access, they hire and promote from within and they choose their management not just based on knowledge and experience but based on people skills and compassion.

Its what you make it.....

Current Employee - Top Performer CCP
    Current Employee - Top Performer CCP

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

You get paid to work from home in PJ's or whatever -
    You get a bonus check every 12 weeks -
    You get tons of flexibility -
    The money is here, if you stick around long enough to earn it - I make before taxes 1200.00-1500.00 every 2 weeks (ccp)

Cons

If you have the BKT Trait you will get far up the pole - BKT = Butt Kissing Trait -
    Some of the TL's would rather the hate or deny you than acknowledge you or they could be wrong -

Know that brown nosing employees doesn't make the best leaders. Even though they're good with sucking up & saying yes to everything
    Performance Based incentives would prevent herding. You cant feed the sharks the same as the guppies -

Good job to have!

Current Employee - CCP in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CCP in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been here over a year now full time. Working from home is awesome! No dealing with traffic and customers can't see the look on my face when they are being less than pleasant. I have 2 mute buttons (one on my headset and one on my phone) that I use when necessary to keep myself out of trouble. Love my team! Love my team lead! I've been on 2 different programs and both have been nice. If you don't like where you're at you can move to another program. Hours are reasonably flexible. PTO can be given as paid time off or a pay bonus. 401k contributions are always a plus. I've never had any pay issues or problems getting tech pay when there are legit tech issues that are coming from their systems. I have a ton of unpaid time off I can use when I need to not be at work or simply can't make it. With this type of work from home job, communication is very important. Anytime I have an issue, as long as I let someone know, it gets fixed. There are opportunities for advancement if you want them. There are monthly bonuses every month you meet the call time and other metrics. There is often overtime available. When I'm off shift nobody bothers me so I can truly be away from work. There are pay bumps when you've worked X number of hours. I don't have to wait around for the next shift to come in and relieve me from duty, which is a major plus for me. My training was great! I definitely felt prepared when I started taking calls that first day. Some days aren't very busy and there is a lot of time to do whatever between calls as long as you can still hear when a call comes in. Other days, it's busier with little down time. For the most part, the people I have worked with seem to love what we do and genuinely care about everyone's success. There are plenty of ways to submit ideas and problems to the company, to the client, and to your immediate supervisor. There are always positive things happening here. When a change turns out to be not such a good idea, they listen to us and fix it! Essentially, if you do what you're supposed to do you won't have any problems. With what I take home in pay, I'm able to pay my mortgage, my car payment, all my other bills, and still have enough left over for savings and a bit of fun! I really enjoy this job. I made significantly more with my previous job, but I am glad I traded the extra pay for the freedom, time, and lack of stress I get here. I would absolutely do it again. It would take a lot to get me to work somewhere else.

Cons

Back to back calls all day long are exhausting, but thankfully rare.
    Tech issues can be frustrating, but you still get paid as long as you follow procedure.
    There is a zero tolerance noise policy, so if a customer or supervisor hears people or pets or whatever while during your shift there is a good chance you will be seeking employment elsewhere.
    Starting costs, for me, were a bit high. With the background checks, fingerprinting, drug testing, phone/headset purchase, and getting actual phone service in my home, I almost didn't do it. I'm glad I did though.
    For me, the insurance options aren't what I need.

Some of the ongoing tech issues definitely need to be cleared up. Beyond that, keep being awesome!

Freedom

Former Employee - Team Leader/Trainer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Trainer in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to work from home and take care of family while making money.

Cons

Sometimes the hours or ability to effectively communicate with your boss is harder.

n/a

Legitimate work from home

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Avondale, AZ
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Avondale, AZ

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

Do not need to commute, less wardrobe expenses, save money for lunch and able to work independently

Cons

no health insurance, less flexibility, no holiday pay, low wages

More perks to offset the low wages

Bon Ton Program - Does Not Care About Employees - Worked Like Plow Horses

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours - They allow you to swap hours with other employees to help alternate your schedule as needed.
    Coaches - The Coaches are the 'floor supervisors'... Most of them care about their team and want them to succeed.

Cons

Team Leader - Current Team Leader does not care about the employees and ignores everybody.
    Team Captain - Team Captain does not care about anybody and treats everybody like they are four and she is god.
    Customers are constantly yelling because Bon Ton offers these great deals but excludes EVERYTHING from them.
    Systems are constantly going down and take forever to be repaired.
    Pay is minimum wage, no PTO, no sick days, no vacation days, no holiday.

I recommend that you hire some Team Leaders and Team Captains who actually care about your employees.

I also recommend that you get a real IT person in the door to take a look at this cluster you have going on.

Worst company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

Working from home is the only advantage from this company

Cons

We don't get paid that much no more than $10, the calls are back to back, they only give incentives when it is a benefit for them meaning they are down staffed and really need extra people, if you have tech issues and it is not your fault on some occasions you will not get paid. I have trying to get in another program for 1yr and to no avail and I have experience and a masters degree so tell me what the issue is please?

Stop being so greedy and increase pay, be there more for the people your motto is family first which means the workers but sometimes it seems as though we come last

Alpine Access Photos