www.alpineaccess.com

Updated December 17, 2014
2.6

Alpine Access CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • The ability to work from home is the only reason I work for this client (in 213 reviews)

• No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers, (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • back to back calls and no paid time off (in 21 reviews)

• If you have tech issues keep track of your time or you will not get paid for it (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Its what you make it.....

Current Employee - Top Performer CCP
    Current Employee - Top Performer CCP

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

You get paid to work from home in PJ's or whatever -
    You get a bonus check every 12 weeks -
    You get tons of flexibility -
    The money is here, if you stick around long enough to earn it - I make before taxes 1200.00-1500.00 every 2 weeks (ccp)

Cons

If you have the BKT Trait you will get far up the pole - BKT = Butt Kissing Trait -
    Some of the TL's would rather the hate or deny you than acknowledge you or they could be wrong -

Know that brown nosing employees doesn't make the best leaders. Even though they're good with sucking up & saying yes to everything
    Performance Based incentives would prevent herding. You cant feed the sharks the same as the guppies -

Good work opportunity

Current Employee - CSA in Port Charlotte, FL
    Current Employee - CSA in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Having worked with 2 different clients, I have found the basic training to be adequate and teal leaders very responsive and helpful as is the coaching support.. Flexible hours are also a plus. Also, promotion from within is a major plus, so there are always promotion opportunities.

Cons

Pay of course is minimal. It would be nice to have a path to pay increase path that is reasonable for agants like myself who wish to remain agents and not move up the management ladder. . More advanced product training availability would also be a plus.

Consider more pay incentives for long time agents. Make advanced training for specific clients accessible and effective.

Work from home

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, stress free interview process

Cons

Compensation is below industry standards

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

Benefits and your working from home.

Cons

There were none for me.

Great, for first work from home opportunity

Current Employee - Senior SQL Server Database Administrator in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior SQL Server Database Administrator in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work from home and don't have to worry about traffic, what to wear or getting gas!

Cons

The training is pretty fast paced but if you are a quick learner you shouldn't have any problems. The compensation I feel is low, I have been there for 2 years and I have never gotten a raise.

You should be paid based on performance and this company doesn't do that. I feel I should be making way more than what I do, for what I do and apparently they don't agree.

Virtual Sweatshop

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Professional in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home. Saves on gas and traffic. If you're lucky enough to have a good TL, appreciate it.

Cons

Most importantly, watch your paychecks. With the low pay, it's already hard enough to pay the internet and phone bill required to work from home. A lot have noticed missing pay..meetings and tech issues. You can work 40+ hours per week and rarely see 40 hours of pay.
    Constant tech issues. Even with computer they send you, they will still try to blame your provider for system issues. If the tech issues are your provider, you don't get tech pay.
    Reaching out for help with system issues or customer issues is a coin toss depending on who is working.
    The job is very demanding. Calls are back to back. High traffic, high stress. Extremely hard to make more money than the starting pay. Very good CCP agents become quickly burnt out. Short breaks, long shifts. If you have kids, you'll see them less working at home than you did working outside the home.
    Metrics: really, the numbers they want from customer surveys are ridiculous. You can get there on most but hardly ever all of them. The job is more about your numbers than actual customer service.
    They now offer healthcare! If you have kids to put on it, you'll only give up half of your pay check every 2 weeks.

Make pay better. We put a lot in to your company! PLEASE understand we are people! We aren't numbers. Make a way to quickly fix pay issues on the pay period it was meant for and PLEASE revamp how tech issues are handled. Its a merry-go-round for a lot longer than necessary. In general: treat your employees better! Happy employees equal better production and makes YOU more money in the long run.

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, sweet customers that are quite easy to handle, calm down and talk to! Supervisors, and leads nice and very understanding about working around my school schedule

Cons

Hourly wage sucks and training too fast. They should take more time to explain call and scenarios for calls handled by having training systems that mimic live scenarios and calls that will be handled in production. Less aimless boring reading of details of systems and more on call hands on.

Create training programs that are more up to date and fix training protocol to include actual dealing with real production scenarios so that new reps don't have to take up so much lead time and make the customer wait for answers. Reps should know what to expect their first day after nesting not feel as if they are being pushed out of the best before they are able to fly.

Customer Service

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

Working from home. Being able to roll out of my bed and log in for work.

Cons

They gave you absolutely no schedule flexibility. You literally had to jump through hoops to get your schedule changed and then it never happened.

Stay AWAY!

Current Employee - CCP for ATT BEUC in Ashland, VA
    Current Employee - CCP for ATT BEUC in Ashland, VA

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

You work from home, no gas costs and that's about it.

Cons

You work from home. Shifts are ridiculous. Left 8 to 5 to work from home. BIG MISTAKE!. I thought I didn't see my family before Ha! These people do not care. Work to life balance is HORRIBLE! Then metrics HA! 1 moment your told to follow policy and procedures to the latter the next your told to Google information and try your best instead of transferring to directed department. Are you serious? Making $9.50 hourly I shouldn't have to Google anything. Support that's another laughing mess. And yeah better keep track of your hours time will disappear from no where. Oh yeah work over less then 10 minutes you don't get paid. Equals me reporting to labor board. I worked here for 6 months. Last 3 months worse months of my life. Teletech is better than them. I would not recommend this company at all unless you're desperate! I put in 2 weeks notice on Wednesday night and quit Thursday morning. Offered a job at capital one from more pay way better hours and work with Teletech part time as well. With this I still have a life and get to see my kids!

Your so called Team Leads and support well let's just say the overall organization is a joke. I expected a professional environment and got a joke with a company that been here for years with an experienced like they started up yesterday. Hire more professional team, offer better incentives to your employees, better pay, improve on your outdated systems.

Depends on your program.

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked for Alpine Access (Sykes@home) for 6 months. The first 4 months I worked for the Telecommunications (ATT) program, & the last 2 I worked as a Gaming Specialist (Xbox Support).
    Att was a great program, the trainers were knowledgeable & very informative with everything making it very easy to learn & they made sure we all participated so it would be easier to grasp. After training, I moved to a team which was also great, my Team Lead was awesome very understanding and laid back. If I had stayed with ATT, I would have rated this company 5 stars.. but alas, I wanted to try something new.

Unlike the ATT program, the Xbox program was total crap. My trainer was completely incompetent, it was his first training class so I assumed he was still a little rough around the edges.. but this was ridiculous.
    The majority of the class was spent without him, while he put us in breakouts for 'self discovery', & sometimes would accidentally take himself off of mute and we could hear him on the phone with his girlfriend while he was supposed to be 'working on something'. He would also randomly start 'rapping',bragged about how nice looking he was, and was really into the Laws of Attraction.. so much that we would have 'meditation' before class to draw positive energy our way.
    By the end of our training, we had lost 10 people & they were still leaving by the first day of taking calls. I also decided it was time for me to move on, I had learned NOTHING in the training class except who Soulja Boy was & what 'jiggalo' means.

Cons

Trainers are just agents with a different title, not enough access to higher management, they were always telling me to talk my problems out with my trainer.. if my problem WAS my trainer.

Make sure your agents are properly trained before making them trainers. It gets ridiculous after a while.

Alpine Access Photos