Alpine Access

Alpine Access Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Alpine Access President & CEO Chris Carrington

Chris Carrington

Pros:
  • "Yes you get the freedom to work from home, at the same time you do not make much money"
    in 187 reviews
  • "No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers,"
    in 27 reviews
Cons:
  • "back to back calls and no paid time off"
    in 20 reviews
  • "maybe the fact that there is tech issues once in a while but other than that my experience has been awesome"
    in 28 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Honest work from home gig.

Work At Home Customer Care Professional (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis was a great way to earn money while saving money. There was no need for travel expenses which made dealing with crummy weather easier. Working from home also made time for other responsibilities such as earning my degree. All in all this was a positive experience and I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't like going to a corporate office.

ConsAt times there was a real lack of motivation and direction. Pay was not steady and you were occasionally docked pay due to technical issues. The lack of face to face, human to human contact can also ware an employee down after a while. You don't make much money. If you are the type that has no other obligation then you can stand to make a good bit of money if you spend all day working the phones. Over time was always available but if you work your hours with no OT you will not be able to make ends meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever feel that you need to remind a worker that they are lucky to be working from home.

Good job if you are disciplined

Interim Team Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere is no commute for employment. All work by the company with the exception of those in the home city of Denver is done by telecommute, this has allowed for a culture that other work from home positions have not been able to accomplish. They have perfected the work at home environment because they can focus on that when other companies do not.

ConsIt takes a lot of discipline to work from home, many people are not able to do it successfully no matter how tempting and easy that it sounds. The pay is lower than the industry standard. (Makes up for it somewhat by lowering gas/daycare/clothing costs)

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time recognizing accomplishments, try to keep current employees happy and show that they are valued.

Good if you like working from home.

Alpine Access CCP (Former Employee)

I worked at Alpine Access full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent pay, get to work from home. Some good job perks from the client.

ConsTraining was pretty poor, the trainer just had us read stuff and take quizzes. I don't feel that we were prepared to handle the type of troubleshooting calls we got.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some better trainers.

Thankful to have a job!

Tier II Help Desk (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Alpine Access part-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat scheduling options and work to life balance.

ConsLow pay makes it hard to pay the bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump the pay to retain quality folks.

Its just ok

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Alpine Access full-time for more than a year

ProsIts a pretty good work at home job. They have FT and PT. Its a good work life balance if you dont need that much money to survive. Really good extra income for stay at home moms or retired people.

ConsPay is very low considering what project you are working on. The extra per hour pay they offer for top producers are too hard to obtain, no one I ever talked to said they heard of anyone else to get the bonus either. No benefits worth having. No paid holidays. No rreal potential to move up, but they say you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet realistic goals for bonus money or get rid of it altogether. Its a bait and switch to get more people to apply. Also, the hours you promise people in the beginning need to be the hours they get. Training needs to be more comprehensive, I worked two programs and I wasnt given enough training, and I was in the top 10% producers in both programs.

Now going 3 months with the company, I appreciate the Team Lead and the coaches are great.

MRA (Current Employee)
Conway, NH

I have been working at Alpine Access part-time for less than a year

ProsI have worked for many WAH companies. This is the most professional. Experienced Leads and Coaches are the key. They are very supportive and want one to feel that, with improvement, comes further advances.

ConsPay/ Monday hours. No time between calls on some days yet VJO (voluntary jump-off) on other days..There must be a balance that you can catch your breathe between calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop MULTIPLE mailings to members AND Non-Members! Constant call-flow with people VERY upset/confused with these mailings.People are "Green" these days.

Customer Service Representative

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alpine Access part-time for less than a year

ProsWork From Home, Flexible Schedule, & Balance Work Life

ConsLow Wages, 1 year contract before job offer

Great place to work

Customer Care Professional (Current Employee)
Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Alpine Access part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat support, always there when you need them ready to help with questions. Easy to understand employee rules, good training including on the job training.

ConsLots of earmarks to be met and very few benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality employees will value these jobs more if there are more benefits such as accrued sick paid sick days, which are very important for a family.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alpine Access

ProsNo commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers,

Conslow salary, very little advancement

Best work at home company

CCP (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis company has great customer services all the workers within the company from concierge department payroll tech support employee services, coaches, instructors,Ccp they will go out of there way to help the customer legitimite company Best work from home company!!

Consmaybe the fact that there is tech issues once in a while but other than that my experience has been awesome!! with this company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing would be the tech Issues

Worked for Alpine Access? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alpine Access reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alpine Access CEO Chris Carrington. All 275 reviews posted anonymously by Alpine Access employees.