www.alpineaccess.com

Updated October 26, 2014
2.4

Alpine Access CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • The ability to work from home is the only reason I work for this client (in 215 reviews)

• No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers, (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • back to back calls and no paid time off (in 21 reviews)

• If you have tech issues keep track of your time or you will not get paid for it (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home, great leaders. Ability to advance.

Cons

Pay could be better.

Customer service for a wireless provider

Current Employee - CCP in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CCP in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You work at home, in almost any part of America or Canada.You can get away with mediocre performance if you have good attendance, and depending on which one of the clients that Alpine has you working at can determine working conditions. Also if you are blessed with a good sup that helps. The training is sad they try to pack 3 weeks of training into one week an then you are responsible to keep yourself current on any change in policy an procedure. Your basic boiler room an standard office politics apply. That is a pro because if you can be dependable an have basic set of job skills you can have a job for as long as they are open however a few actions can get you terminated, such as call avoidance, browbeating a customer an such. Alpine Access is about like any other call center, and I have never missed a check plus if your pay is not correct they will fix it. If you last 10,000 hrs on the job you get a $1000.00 bonus. They have an employee discount program with some of the clients. When ever i have had tech issue the tech support team is great to work with. If you know the right co-workers to ask you can get help with job knowledge. If you are hired take as many notes as you can in training, and if you learn how to look up the procedures in the data base that will give you a huge leg up.

Cons

The use of computer technology to keep track of your every second while on the clock. You have to submit a report and give an accounting if you are more than 15 min past taking lunch an breaks , tech issues etc. multitasking is a given, you will find yourself talking to the cust , typing note an the account, chatting with a supp, and inputting procedures on the acct such as setting a payment extension, doing an address change etc etc. You learn to do all this with an average handle time of 5.5 min per call, it has become so bad they are not able to keep people on the job an they are constantly training people , in the 5 yrs i have worked here i have seen it go from bad to almost surreal. when it comes to being able to meet the job metrics.

Quite playing favorites and dissolve the cliques. Management will lick the floor the client walks on and that reflects on the way the reps are treated. Management will lie to you when they need to. so if your enter the snake pit...be warned.

Good entry level job

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

Work from home and vacations

Cons

Pay is terrible and no long term projects

Tech Support

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

I liked the client I worked for, scheduling was flexible after a while.

Cons

They micro manage you. Have Immature leaders. What you have to do is DEF not worth 9.50 an hour. The sysyem constantly had issues. Leaders from other teams would ok you to do something, then when you get corrective action for it. The leader does not defend you out of fear, or not wanting to look bad. Theu also get the exact Same training when you train when in production. I found a good reason to quit.

If your going to teach on Caring then care about the employees.Don't treat them like they don't matter or are not important. If you lose your job today or tomorrow you will be just like everyone else who is searching. Take care. :)

Not very pleasant

Current Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The recruitment process is very positive, but unfortunately they tell you untrue statements. They claim to work with you on your schedule.

Cons

They provide a 10 hour work window, then assign that for several days in a row, then 4-5 hours on a weekend.

Give the agents the authority to change information for the customer

Cheap company, treats workers like throw away garbage

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are that it's work at home. And it's legit work-at-home. The pros are that it's better than working at McDonalds. And maybe that should be Alpine's motto "we're better than working at McDonalds".

For many people working at home is a necessity due to their situation. And this job satisfies that. Also, you can move around the country and still keep your job.

If you need to work at home and you can live on less than $1500 net income per month, this job may be for you.

Cons

The company is cheap, cheap....oh, did I mention CHEAP? To start off, you don't cost them office space, electric, heat, or computer/phone equipment. And if you don't have a landline or a phone headset, you get to pay for those too. And what's their benefit to you? A dollar over min wage and NO benefits. I don't care what it says about health care, they offer NO health insurance. They offer LIFE insurance. Kind of a big difference. And no doubt they make money on selling it to you.

To start working for Alpine, I had to dig up around $100 to install a landline, get a headset and notarize papers to send to them for the application.

Ok, moving on. You will NEVER get a raise at the same position. EVER. Been there for 10 years? Who cares, $9/hr. They do offer an incentive if you happen to be one of the top performers....50 cents more per hour....or $30 after taxes per paycheck. Oh, and you can lose this if they think you weren't performing well enough. It's not permanent.

Almost NO training. They will spend time with these worthless get-togethers, but you will get drilled in call reviews for something you were never taught....as if you knew it, somehow. The main reason I do well is because of past experience with companies that did train me. Alpine is paying me low wages benefiting from my past experience outside the company.

No benefits. No paid vacation. They do throw you a bonus, but outside of this, at full-time you're looking at around $1300 per month.

They will do their best to cheat you out of time. You can always dispute it, but hey they write the paychecks. You'll find hours missing and be given some lame excuse why. Be prepared to be available 40 hours, just don't expect to get paid 40 hours.

No paid holidays. You don't work, you don't get paid. You get to work non-fed holidays as well at straight pay. Easter? New Years Eve? Christmas Eve? You may as well be working at Walmart.

The job is basically a min-wage job at home. But it's not a skill-less job at all. You need to be tech savvy and depending on your program, you need to be intelligent enough to handle calls about your client. You have to read up and TRAIN YOURSELF to handle your calls.

Going back to cheap. The company offers NO health care and yet the CEO sends out emails telling people how to be fit. Okay I guess that's his compensating for not helping with health care.. Then he gets team leads to beg workers for donations to his pet charity for heart research. These are people that make $9/hr, many part-time that's he's begging.

Also, it feels like they don't hire enough people as there are often endless calls in a day.

Stop being so cheap and start to value your workers.

Only here because of the horrible economy and their revolving door definetly means job openings....

Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Your at home. You dont have to deal with these so cakled supervisors face to face.

Cons

The company, equipment and people are all rude and very unhelpful. They just throw you on the phones unprepared. The whole training class was spent fixing the computers of people who shouldnt have even been hired so no training but watching your teacher clean up every ones computer and speak to everyone degradingly. Then they throw you on the phones and start complaining and degrading you more. The days drag on for an eternity as you are yelled at by upset customers and the degraded by the people who are supposed to help you...most reach outs for help are ignored!

Get it together. Treat your employees with at keast a little respect and at least retrain these supervisors who control by degrading and demeaning comments texts and chats I never knew i stant messages coukd feel like such a physical blow!

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No comment. They actually deserve ZERO stars.

Cons

Poor training. Pay was barely above minimum wage; all client requirements are not disclosed, so more are added but compensation doesn't change. HR is slow to respond to questions/concerns, and actually IGNORES you. Technical issues were constant, and more often than not, one has to start making attempts to sign in nearly an hour or more BEFORE shifts, and you are not paid for it. Most supervisors and managers treat you as if you're ignorant and/or a preteen. The lack of respect and regard is immeasurable.

This is useless because Sykes does not care about its employees, only its clients. I was viciously attacked by a customer and their response was to remove me from the work schedule, tell me to seek help from the county, and then fire me months later via email. And they fired me AFTER the SSA determined I was disabled due to the attack. Also, Alpine chose to shield the attacker from facing liability. IF there are any real HUMAN BEINGS in Management… get a clue! You are destroying people's lives. I faced homelessness and, for over a month, could eat only every other day.

Horrible mess

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

You get to work from home

Cons

The training the provide is not enough to understand and do the job correctly. There own systems have problems all the time. They tell you to reboot the computer to fix the issues but it never fixes anything plus the time you spent rebooting is not payed. Upper management only cares about
    metres.

Treat your employees with more respect

Deceiving!!!!!

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Professional in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Professional in Provo, UT

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home is the only pro and I did like the people I trained with. The trainer was very good also but didn't tell us all the work we would be doing!

Cons

Pay is $9.50 which is a joke for all they expect you to do. The program I was on was very stressful. I couldn't believe how many rude people I would be talking to but on the other hand I couldn't blame them because we were helping customers with tech issues and telling them to clear cookies and cache, restart computer, anything as long as we made it look like it was their computer when in reality it the website's crappy out of date system that couldn't handle the web traffic. We also had 3 other web sites we took calls for too that was associated with the one I was hired for. We did billing, sales, tech, password resets, and took alot of crap. I felt sorry for these people because alot of them were elderly and counted on monthly income only to have it taken out for months without their knowledge because they thought they cancelled. The only way you get your money back is if you are on your death bed. They cheat you on your hours and pay. I worked extra hours for 2 weeks and my check was $100 less than when I worked 35 hrs a week!! Of course they always have a way of making it sound like you didn't understand or something. Don't work for these people because they treat the workers like crap and expect the workers to do all the dirty work for these companies they are taking calls for! If you have no conscious and like hearing people cuss you out or cry because the company you work for is taking money from them , then this is the job for you. Someone should shut this place down, it is awful. I was mentally drained and a nervous wreck working there.

Get some training and learn how to treat your workers. You do nothing to support them and leave them hanging when they have irate customers on the phone. We are supposed to be on the phone for no more than 10 mins. but no body will help you or answer a question for over 10 mins so now the customer is even more pissed off.

Alpine Access Photos