Alpine Access Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

I was grateful for the job, but....

Former Employee - CCP in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - CCP in Houston, TX

I worked at Alpine Access full-time

Pros

Generally, the people made the job. I met some very dedicated, hard working people, many of whom just wanted a fair deal. I was grateful to get a job when I was hired. They do promote from within, but it is pretty political.

Cons

No raises. No merit raises for any reason. The last year I worked there the CEO gave himself a 13% raise, but told everybody at the annual meeting that the dividends were in jeopardy, so nobody got a raise. He left out: except him. (And that doesn't even include his bonus!) Does he think that CCPs can't read annual reports? And that was after insisting that the people taking the calls are the most important people in the company. I worked 3,000 hrs. and received a 15 cent per hour differential. What they didn't tell you was that it was paid as a "bonus" on a separate line from your salary, so they didn't have to pay you overtime for that extra 15 cents! Or include that when they were computing bonus. (So they could afford to give the CEO a 13% raise?) The medical benefits were a joke. You got $1000 coverage if you maxed it out, but your premiums were $1000 whether you used it or not...why bother? At least in a savings account I would be getting interest. Now they don't even bother...they tell you to check out Obamacare. Generally, the only thing this company was generous with was criticism. CCPs are monitored and reviewed constantly. The people providing the "coaching" have never been trained on how to interact with their employees. They generally are CCPs who have performed well and have been promoted into supervisory roles. And good CCPs do not necessarily make good supervisors. Sadly they end up running more people off than they help perform better. The whole industry needs to find a way to get away from this "catch them doing something wrong" mentality. Instead of focusing on mistakes, focus on good calls, providing examples and praising people in meetings instead of this constant, critical environment. How can it be anything other than a toxic environment?

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is. If the CCPs are the most important part of this business, that's where your money should be going...not into the pockets of the executives who already make hugely bloated salaries. With few changes yours could be a company that truly provides the BEST customer service in the world, not just the cheapest.

CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

There are none that I can think of, this company fired 25 agents with no warning.

Cons

Sykes/Alpineaccess requires you to repeat a statement that the client already asks in the dial in menu=Stupid Mandatory up selling when they said that would not be mandatory, they also said stats would not be a major factor in this Apple program=they lied I have gotten along fine with past female supervisors, the one' s on this program are single, desperate and mercilessly degrading to male agents=hateful hags Pay = dismal Healthcare by the company = poor They claim to work with you in setting your work schedule, as I student, I can tell you that is a flat out lie; it took 3 weeks for them to get the schedule right and then instead of the early morning to afternoon, they then changed it all to closing shifts. = hateful bigots. Attempting to write you up when they stress helping the customer, had I not saved screenshots, I would have negative write ups on my file. QA is actively looking for reasons to fail you. I have had approximately 15 and I have failed all 15 for some minor point but.....they do acknowledge you helped the customer. = Double standards.

Advice to Management

Female management needs to be more diversified. Better pay Better Health insurance Stop being so relentless for finding reasons to FAIL agents on a QA call.

3. Review

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home. Friendly co-workers and supervisors. Constant contact with managers who really care about your advancement. Knowledgeable trainers and supervisors. Pleasant working conditions.

Cons

No close contact with supervisory personnel. Email or on line contact only. If a manager was helping someone else the customer had to wait for the answer they wanted. It was not always a good situation.

Advice to Management

More contact with managers, supervisors or others who can assist with the kinds of problems encountered by callers.

5. It Was Okay!

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative

Pros

I enjoyed the fact that I worked for an actual company from the comfort of my own home. I assume that many more companies will be willing to do the same.

Cons

The pay should be a bit higher and I would love to see more chat support jobs become available.

Advice to Management

Increase job opportunities for working moms with kids at home.

6. terrible terrible company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Xbox
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Xbox

I worked at Alpine Access full-time

Pros

The only pro from this job is that you work from home.

Cons

I worked in the Xbox division. Terrible pay. Rude and disrespectful management. Terrible equipment. The Xbox One and 360 console are extremely subpar and glitchy which makes troubleshooting impossible. PS4 is superior. Their F5 and ASD program constantly freezes and causes issues. Completely disorganized company. Please don't here and Xbox customers, nobody here really cares about you.

Advice to Management

Stop being keyboard thugs and speak to people with respect. Stop being snarky. You are not funny. Treat people with respect.

7. Decent Company

Former Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unpaid time off accrual is fair and easy to use if necessary for illness or vacation. Some great people work in management. Flexibility if necessary due to current circumstances. Working at home Easy job to do if it's the right fit for you. Advancement opportunities

Cons

Random team restructuring Paid time off is only achieved if you meet a large minimum threshold and isn't a whole lot Tech issues Call center work

Advice to Management

Please provide notice for team changes and management changes.

8. Not something I would look forward to again

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Though making minimum wage during training seemed fairly low that wage jumped up considerably to the $9/hr at full time. This was really a big bonus to me and a key reason I stayed on board.

Cons

It was nice being able to work from home but it was frustrating logging every single minute. It felt very much like the supervisors didn't care much that you were a human being, but rather that you were a number behind a screen. Personal connections seemed to be very discouraged and using time off or personal time for family reasons was often denied.

Advice to Management

Understand that even working from home, emergencies can happen. Understand your employees beyond simply the numbers behind the screen.

Good employment

Current Employee - Member Representative Advocate in Mishawaka, IN
    Current Employee - Member Representative Advocate in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ability to work from home and they will try to work best with you on your hours.

Cons

when transferring to other programs, you may take a pay cut

Advice to Management

Change the breaks to 15 mins instead of 10

10. It's better than nothing, but that's not saying much.

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You work from the comfort of your own home, but believe me when I say that management uses that perk to justify the crap treatment you receive from them.

Cons

Where should I start? You start off in training with around 20-30 other new employees, and typically training lasts from 4-8 weeks, depending on the program. Much of the training is actually the trainer troubleshooting employee tech issues one person at a time. So much time was wasted on computer configuration (which was initially drilled in our heads that if we weren't completely ready to go by day 1 then we would be cut from training - yeah right! Some people trained over wifi and not a hard wired connection and didn't lose their jobs.) - In production on my particular program, all of the employees are logged into a chat room, and there is absolutely no coaching/team leader/room support at all. You are told to place the customer on hold to look up the answer to their issue in a matrix, or to ask your teammates for help in the room. With back to back calls, nobody has time to answer questions in the chat room! - Another huge issue it's impossible to get the team leaders' attention. You're told to IM them for an immediate response to a problem. You see them online and send IMs but may not hear back from them the entire shift. Meanwhile, your email inbox is being spammed with a plethora of emails regarding birthdays, newsletters, and updates to the knowledge database. I receive around two dozen emails per shift which I have NO time to read. - You are paid for being logged into the phone and along calls. Period. You aren't paid for the many emails you have to plow through and respond to, and you aren't paid for mandatory surveys about the job that you need to fill out. - The pay is an absolute nightmare. Minimum wage for training, $9.00/hour until you hit 3,000 hours, where you're then raised fifteen whole cents to $9.15 and hour. Three thousand hours of being cussed out by customers, Googling information for them, and having to kiss their rear end because God forbid you don't do everything in your power to appear them for a "5" on your survey. - Alpine/Sykes doesn't care if the customer's issue is resolved whatsoever. As long as they hit that "5" on their telephone survey. You're told that you're rewarded for meeting all of your metrics (and thereby earning 25¢ more per hour that month), which is another lie. - Tech issues run rampant with them applications you use, particularly the Softphone and Citrix. You will be told to "Loli" (reboot) your programs multiple times per day and because there is no real problem besides the programs running like crap, you aren't paid for the tons of time you lose. Case in point: during 2014 I only grossed $10,000 - rarely was there a paycheck with a full 40 hour week - most of the time I could barely hit 25 hours due to tech issues. I was told to grab overtime hours if I wanted more. So all of the time you spend "messing" with your computer is completely unpaid. - HR is another big joke. I had another employee sending disgusting inappropriate IMs to me and telling me that he was drunk on shift. I reported this to HR. Within the hour, my team leader became annoyed and standoffish to me, like I was the problem. HR asked tons of questions but never followed up after the day of the report. I found out from another coworker that the employee harassing me was just told to block me on IM and kept his job ("sexual" harassment, according to the employee handbook, is a terminable offense, by the way) - Paid time off must be earned, and it's not something that you can even use in an emergency (such as a same-day illness.) Even days off without pay must be scheduled weeks in advance, and usually aren't approved because the program is swamped with 20 to 30 minute call queues every day. Don't bother purchasing the benefits package either, $160 per month and pays for nothing. I had a blood draw that I ended up paying $880 out of pocket for. Alpine's "insurance" covered $25.00. NO JOKE. - Employment is not guaranteed. Client programs pull out and completely offshore their workforce all the time, so twice within three years I have moved onto a new program. Some other employees aren't so lucky, and end up laid off or fired to meet staffing needs.

Advice to Management

Give us what the client would give us if we worked for them under a brick and mortar roof - decent wages and paid time off; pay for our tech issues that are caused by YOUR programs.

11. HMMMM

Pros

Work from home, flexiable, fair, nice people

Cons

hard to get in touch with mamangers

RSS Feed </> Embed