www.alpineaccess.com

Updated November 24, 2014
2.5

Alpine Access CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • The ability to work from home is the only reason I work for this client (in 213 reviews)

• No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers, (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • back to back calls and no paid time off (in 21 reviews)

• If you have tech issues keep track of your time or you will not get paid for it (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Tech Support

I have been working at Alpine Access

Pros

I liked the client I worked for, scheduling was flexible after a while.

Cons

They micro manage you. Have Immature leaders. What you have to do is DEF not worth 9.50 an hour. The sysyem constantly had issues. Leaders from other teams would ok you to do something, then when you get corrective action for it. The leader does not defend you out of fear, or not wanting to look bad. Theu also get the exact Same training when you train when in production. I found a good reason to quit.

If your going to teach on Caring then care about the employees.Don't treat them like they don't matter or are not important. If you lose your job today or tomorrow you will be just like everyone else who is searching. Take care. :)

Only here because of the horrible economy and their revolving door definetly means job openings....

Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Alpine Access CCP in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Your at home. You dont have to deal with these so cakled supervisors face to face.

Cons

The company, equipment and people are all rude and very unhelpful. They just throw you on the phones unprepared. The whole training class was spent fixing the computers of people who shouldnt have even been hired so no training but watching your teacher clean up every ones computer and speak to everyone degradingly. Then they throw you on the phones and start complaining and degrading you more. The days drag on for an eternity as you are yelled at by upset customers and the degraded by the people who are supposed to help you...most reach outs for help are ignored!

Get it together. Treat your employees with at keast a little respect and at least retrain these supervisors who control by degrading and demeaning comments texts and chats I never knew i stant messages coukd feel like such a physical blow!

Not very pleasant

Current Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The recruitment process is very positive, but unfortunately they tell you untrue statements. They claim to work with you on your schedule.

Cons

They provide a 10 hour work window, then assign that for several days in a row, then 4-5 hours on a weekend.

Give the agents the authority to change information for the customer

Deceiving!!!!!

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Professional in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Professional in Provo, UT

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home is the only pro and I did like the people I trained with. The trainer was very good also but didn't tell us all the work we would be doing!

Cons

Pay is $9.50 which is a joke for all they expect you to do. The program I was on was very stressful. I couldn't believe how many rude people I would be talking to but on the other hand I couldn't blame them because we were helping customers with tech issues and telling them to clear cookies and cache, restart computer, anything as long as we made it look like it was their computer when in reality it the website's crappy out of date system that couldn't handle the web traffic. We also had 3 other web sites we took calls for too that was associated with the one I was hired for. We did billing, sales, tech, password resets, and took alot of crap. I felt sorry for these people because alot of them were elderly and counted on monthly income only to have it taken out for months without their knowledge because they thought they cancelled. The only way you get your money back is if you are on your death bed. They cheat you on your hours and pay. I worked extra hours for 2 weeks and my check was $100 less than when I worked 35 hrs a week!! Of course they always have a way of making it sound like you didn't understand or something. Don't work for these people because they treat the workers like crap and expect the workers to do all the dirty work for these companies they are taking calls for! If you have no conscious and like hearing people cuss you out or cry because the company you work for is taking money from them , then this is the job for you. Someone should shut this place down, it is awful. I was mentally drained and a nervous wreck working there.

Get some training and learn how to treat your workers. You do nothing to support them and leave them hanging when they have irate customers on the phone. We are supposed to be on the phone for no more than 10 mins. but no body will help you or answer a question for over 10 mins so now the customer is even more pissed off.

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No comment. They actually deserve ZERO stars.

Cons

Poor training. Pay was barely above minimum wage; all client requirements are not disclosed, so more are added but compensation doesn't change. HR is slow to respond to questions/concerns, and actually IGNORES you. Technical issues were constant, and more often than not, one has to start making attempts to sign in nearly an hour or more BEFORE shifts, and you are not paid for it. Most supervisors and managers treat you as if you're ignorant and/or a preteen. The lack of respect and regard is immeasurable.

This is useless because Sykes does not care about its employees, only its clients. I was viciously attacked by a customer and their response was to remove me from the work schedule, tell me to seek help from the county, and then fire me months later via email. And they fired me AFTER the SSA determined I was disabled due to the attack. Also, Alpine chose to shield the attacker from facing liability. IF there are any real HUMAN BEINGS in Management… get a clue! You are destroying people's lives. I faced homelessness and, for over a month, could eat only every other day.

Horrible mess

I worked at Alpine Access

Pros

You get to work from home

Cons

The training the provide is not enough to understand and do the job correctly. There own systems have problems all the time. They tell you to reboot the computer to fix the issues but it never fixes anything plus the time you spent rebooting is not payed. Upper management only cares about
    metres.

Treat your employees with more respect

Alpine Access also known as Sykes at home.

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Eugene, OR

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are jobs available. Working from home should/would/could be a great thing. You get to pick your schedule out of several options;early start or late start and days of the week, full time or part time.Terrible experience; promised a job and 4 weeks training.

Cons

It took 4 weeks plus, to go through the hiring process. I was told I would be with a particular company for which I was very knowledgeable about their product and and had many years of experience with on my own prior to getting hired. I would get a company computer to use and get to pick my schedule. Training was to be 4 weeks and even that would probably be iffy, but if you studied outside of training and really applied yourself and maybe even had knowledge of the product from your own experience, you might expect to do OK.

On the day I was to start training, I was told that I was working for a different company, no computer and a schedule change that wouldn't work for me but I needed a job badly so I rearranged kids, doctors, school and my life to fit. I was told training would be 2 weeks not 4 weeks. They hired people with no computer experience at all and instead of training, we got to watch LIVE via our own computer, while the instructor cleaned cache and cookies and updated students PC software and browsers. It was so frustrating when not only did we NOT get enough training but the software we needed to use for work, was not available to train with and it was given on the 1st day of work after 9 days of "TRAINING" if you could call it that. Thrown in to sin or swim, customers were calling in for customer service, which we could not give them the answers, didn't know where to look for the answers, didn't know how to transfer, given 2 customers at a time and would have to keep lying to them while we waited in line to ask instructor a question, 20 of us, meanwhile the customer was waiting already close to an hour to speak to us. It was anything but customer service. I am a computer software expert, 20 years experience in IT and had no idea how to maneuver through the various different programs (5 of them) that must be running on your PC at all times while working and besides interacting with 2 customers at a time, you were to be working back and forth trough all the software, soft-phones, incoming calls, talking to supervisors and waiting for answers to give to the customer, what a nightmare. That is not service and the customers were really upset and angry after waiting forever to get someone who would either lose the call or did not know how to find an answer and keep them on the phone over an hour without resolving anything, It was so humiliating. If that was not all bad enough, that day I was told I would be working Saturday, not Sunday after telling them from the start that I don't work on Saturday, ever at all. They knew it before I was officially hired and after all that, they changed my schedule a 3rd time with no notice when there were others who were perfectly willing to trade with me and work on Saturday. No communication within the company. People don't respond or you get a copy and pasted answer from a book that does not even answer your question, No live help for employees, just people overseas working from home or in a factory setting who knew even less than I did about the job and the info I needed. It was all stall tactics and for what? They are famous for their customer service! How? They represent all these big corporations, I don't understand how they stay in business.

Convenient to a degree.

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working from home, no transportation expenses, roll out of bed and go to work simplicity. It starts off well, training is absolutely awesome, and overall I enjoyed the job itself having worked with the company for 2 years.

Cons

The pay vs. the amount of work once you realize how much the company actually pays the direct hires instead of the contracted workers (work from home or temp agency)
    The attendance policies that are designed to not factor in real life.
    HR is astonishingly incompetent

Be considerate of the workers that handle the heavy lifting. They have families and valid medical issues just like you.

disappointed

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time

Pros

work at home, appear to appreciate their csrs

Cons

the information changes depending on who you speak with

Convenient, Nice to work from home. You feel like you are constantly running on quicksand trying to hit a moving target.

Former Employee - Team Mentor
    Former Employee - Team Mentor

I worked at Alpine Access full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Convenient, work from home, pay is good.

Cons

They were so focused on growth they didn't create a good foundation for middle managers. Horrible training for supervisors. They changed the reports we needed to create and some of the metrics we needed to measure a couple of times a day. No Joke. 10 hour days are typical but you only get paid for 10 (in a supervisory role) and only a few managers were able to actually accomplish everything we needed to. No training for managers on reports we were supposed to create, etc.

Get your foundation stable Stop chasing growth until you know you can sustain it.

Alpine Access Photos