Alpine Access Reviews

Updated August 22, 2014

2.5

Alpine Access President & CEO Chris Carrington
Chris Carrington

Pros
  • Yes you get the freedom to work from home, at the same time you do not make much money (in 199 reviews)

• No commute, supportive team leads, lots of shifts to choose from, good coworkers, (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • back to back calls and no paid time off (in 20 reviews)

• They rarely take responsibility for any tech issues, their fault or not (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

The pay is horrible for a lot of work.

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time

Pros

It's a job and it does provide steady work.

Cons

Low pay and horrible benefits

na

Busy work place.

Current Employee - Customer Service Billing  in  Titusville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Billing in Titusville, FL

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for more than a year

Pros

Am able to work from home.

Cons

No pay increase after almost 2 years with the company and no benefits to speak of.

Shorted hours almost every paycheck.

Current Employee - CCP  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CCP in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for less than a year

Pros

Don't have to commute to work.

Cons

Short hours consistently and payroll won't honor it, ignore emails for pay adjustments, lack of communication, tech issues not paid.

Don't nickel and dime your employees. My first impression of the company was being shorted a few hours of my training. All of my emails were ignored to try and get an adjustment. Every other check from there on, was missing a couple hours here and an hour there. What's sad is you guys make no effort to make any reimbursement. Instead you arrogantly deny everything or just ignore the issue completely. At times, even had the gall to blame me for missing hours or any other issues. Never dealt with such arrogance from an employer in my life. I could go on forever, with all the issues I went back and forth on with this company. Still to this day too, and I haven't worked for this co. in a couple years. You guys are still sticking it to me. Worst employer I've ever worked for.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

tech issues, unrealistic goals, non compliance of federal laws oh my!

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Alpine Access for more than a year

Pros

Alpine Access does have work available, (after you pay for your co pay, purchase your own equipment, get the service THEY want and their stuff still doesn't work....but you do get a check..

Cons

They blame your technical issues on "java updates" and tell you not to update YOUR computer. They tell you your equipment is incompatible, then you go and buy new equipment and they say THAT is non-compatible
    ,,,,if your not able to buy the equipment that is compatible with the project, then its time for the project to update THEIR equipment.

You make request for things, such as changes in schedules and it take 18 months to get the changes made, no joke. They rotate you on team leads so that the new team lead doesn't know the situation and you start back from the very beginning.

No pay raises. Although they claim bonuses, those are only to people who work 60 plus hours a week. Some of their bonuses include "product of the services they work in" such as "a free phone" is you work a phone subscription, "a free subscription" if you work on a subscription based program, a free product for the program you work. or "time off" which was suppose to have been given to you to begin with.

When you have to take time off, such as a Court Hearing, they require proof...and they still won't pay you for the time off!

Crappy Benefits

Lack of Training

incompetent leaders and people who tell you to lie to the customers.

and a million other things.

While Metrics are important, you have to look at customer retention. If the representatives retains the customer, but the calls are outside of the metrics, which is more important, saving the customer or exceeding the limits on the calls? The customers that call in are so infuriated with my program, due to technical issues with the programs, software that doesn't work, instructions that we send to customers that are to "resolve" the issues, which doesn't "resolve" the issue.

management treats its customers the same they treat the employees...like crap.

Work at home!

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative

I worked at Alpine Access full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for alpine access for over a year. It started off great until all of the system changes. There are usually lots of hours. With my particular company, there was always an abundance so we were always busy.

Cons

Very hard to change your schedule after hired. They have blackout dates which are set up so you have no other choice but to work almost all holidays. Management changes alot.

Too many changes, incompetent management

I worked at Alpine Access full-time

Pros

You can work at home.

Cons

The job at Sprint is too busy, no breaks, no time to breathe, awful.

Start paying more if you are going to work people half dead. Get better benefits, your current are an insult.

Take the callers' abuse and just be happy you have a job

Former Employee - Member Relations Agent  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Member Relations Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at Alpine Access part-time for less than a year

Pros

Frequent pay bonuses
    My loved my teamlead
    There was numerous opportunities to give feedback to the company about our experiences and work environment
    I could pick-up extra shifts from co-workers
    Program support staff are approachable, informative, and efficient
    They're always hiring

Cons

I didnt like having to blamed for the client's operations
    Insurance benefits were a joke
    Help desk wasnt always efficient
    My job with AARP was redundant and boring
    You have to be employed a year before you can change you shift or switch clients
    High turn over rate

Thankful to have a job!

Former Employee - Tier II Help Desk  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Tier II Help Desk in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Alpine Access part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great scheduling options and work to life balance.

Cons

Low pay makes it hard to pay the bills.

Bump the pay to retain quality folks.

Honest work from home gig.

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This was a great way to earn money while saving money. There was no need for travel expenses which made dealing with crummy weather easier. Working from home also made time for other responsibilities such as earning my degree. All in all this was a positive experience and I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't like going to a corporate office.

Cons

At times there was a real lack of motivation and direction. Pay was not steady and you were occasionally docked pay due to technical issues. The lack of face to face, human to human contact can also ware an employee down after a while. You don't make much money. If you are the type that has no other obligation then you can stand to make a good bit of money if you spend all day working the phones. Over time was always available but if you work your hours with no OT you will not be able to make ends meet.

Never feel that you need to remind a worker that they are lucky to be working from home.

Good job if you are disciplined

Current Employee - Interim Team Lead
    Current Employee - Interim Team Lead

I have been working at Alpine Access full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is no commute for employment. All work by the company with the exception of those in the home city of Denver is done by telecommute, this has allowed for a culture that other work from home positions have not been able to accomplish. They have perfected the work at home environment because they can focus on that when other companies do not.

Cons

It takes a lot of discipline to work from home, many people are not able to do it successfully no matter how tempting and easy that it sounds. The pay is lower than the industry standard. (Makes up for it somewhat by lowering gas/daycare/clothing costs)

Spend more time recognizing accomplishments, try to keep current employees happy and show that they are valued.

Worked for Alpine Access? Contribute to the Community!