Alpine Consulting

Alpine Consulting Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stan Duda

Group of open minded, driven, experienced, and friendly individuals looking to great work together.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsRemote work is fantastic along with affordable great benefits. All other employees are knowledgeable making all work a breeze to work on. Low stress job with a high return on enjoyment.

ConsRemote work makes it difficult to get to know most of the people one emails, calls, or chats with. Expect to get to know a select few people well and the rest will come with time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCollaboration tools used for project management could be used, such as confluence. Currently, it's difficult to ramp up to a new project simply because no one has any documentation for anything nor knows who does.

Flexible Schedule but management and project teams are disconnected

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsWork from home 95% of the time unless face-to-face required with a client, benefits and salary are strong.

ConsNo process whatsoever. Inexperienced project managers. No communication between senior management and development resources. Lack of knowledge in resource planning. Never implement changes they say they will. Impossible bonus structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management needs to get more involved in the projects and/or hire the right people to properly manage projects.

Work/Life Balance

Proswork from home except when needed at a client site, flexible hours if necessary, good employees

Consnot enough time/meetings together in a virtual workspace

Advice to Senior Managementget people into the office more often if only for culture

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

Pros* Good work/life balance
    * Truly supports remote working
    * Open door policy with upper management (including owners)
    * Management shows appreciation when extra effort is put in (more than just a "pat on the back")

Cons* Lots of room for growth in defining processes and policies (not necessarily a con. It can be good to be part of the building of the base structure)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

A+ for Alpine Consulting

Schaumburg, IL

ProsA fantastic work-from-home policy. I work with a group of highly intelligent and motivated folks. We have a great list of clients--nice to know your hard work is appreciated by all.

We're not a new company--so quite stable with reasonable growth year-after-year. We have process, but not so much process that it gets in the way of doing your project work.

I like the fact that everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas... And, the fact that others actually listen to them!

ConsNot really a negative, but if you are someone that needs to work in an office environment every day, then this is not the place for you...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being honest and open with us, transparency is key...

Senior Enterprise Architect

Schaumburg, IL

ProsVery SMART people to work with.
    Training is VALUED
    Nice balance of technologies to work with and opportunities to learn new technologies
    Diverse client base
    Work/Life balance is important
    Work From Home options
    No office politics
    Ownership has an open-door policy to talk with them AND they mean it!!
    Ownership is open and honest about company performance - just ask.
    Low volume of turn-over year-to-year.

ConsVery flat organization; so career growth by titles is not there. (is a con for those who value management titles).
    Can spend some time on the bench. (Can be a con but use it to get training.)
    Can be working for a client for very long extended periods at a time.

Great Company to Work For

Pros* Great work-life balance
    * Very talented and experienced employees
    * Very community oriented company
    * Senior management very receptive to advice
    * Allow people to be on the bench without fear of termination
    * Limited requirement for travel on most projects

Cons* Limited number and scope of projects
    * Sometimes appears to be more of a staff augmentation type company rather than owning projects
    * Estimation process is not well defined

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to employees and explore other areas of growth. Truly a great company to work for and you should be proud of your accomplishements.

Alpine Consulting Service Review

Project Intern (Current Employee)
    Hanoi (Vietnam)

Pros+ Have the chance to use and practice English usually.
    + Founded and led by an American expert.
    + Friendly environment, collegues often support each other to implement required tasks
    + Due to the company's small scale, interns are encouraged to learn independently and get involved in numerous different tasks

Cons+ Its tie budget and paucity of experience can make it difficult to compete with rivals in its industry.
    + Partly because of economic quagmire, the company has been encountering some problems in selling its costly high-class products.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversifying line of products to attract more potential customers, especially middle income customers

Worked for Alpine Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alpine Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alpine Consulting CEO Stan Duda. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Alpine Consulting employees.