Alsbridge

Updated December 4, 2014
Updated December 4, 2014
3.1

Chip Wagner

Not a place for innovation and growth

I worked at Alsbridge

Pros

nice work environment, coworkers are friendly and helpful

Cons

As others described, the CEO is in control of all actions and decisions. Innovative ideas and creative approaches are not welcome here. Most employees are forced to fall in line and do what they are told. Workload is not evenly distributed; some employees are over worked while others have down time. Salesmen are blatantly given preferential treatment.

Some directions given are "questionable" and go against current best practices. Challenging these directions is not allowed.

A strong leader listens and does not micromanage; he builds a good team he can trust to make good decisions.

The vision behind launching a new outsourcing consulting firm was brilliant. However....

Former Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Alsbridge

Pros

This is a small company that was launched by a strong vision. Over the past several years the firm has been able to hire very smart and talented people. Unfortunately, the dictator leadership style is the cause for most of these talented people leaving.

Cons

The firm is suffering from a founder that can't understand that he should step aside and let the talent grow the firm. The founder still gets involved in $15 purchases. There is almost zero trust of any employee. If you are interviewing, please obtain all statements in writing.

Smoke and mirrors only work for so long, until clients begin to notice. Ethics and morals last forever. Trust the smart people you hire.

Great team and atmosphere!

I have been working at Alsbridge

Pros

Intellectually stimulating, thought leadership, communication skills, and effective teamwork set the tone to our work environment. You're able to work with some incredibly smart people on today’s most challenging business problems while making a direct impact on our clients. By working on the continuous challenges that our clients face, you leverage your skill set while continuing to grow and develop your expertise in our space. Arguably you are working with the best.

They have great guides to professional development. Additionally, the review process is thorough and provides a good feedback on your performance as well as opportunities for improvement.

Cons

The only real downside is the amount of travel. But if you want to be in Managing Consulting, then you'll face that issue at any firm. (Although it provides a lot of miles & hotel awards)

Great leadership....

Great team at Alsbridge!

Great leadership....

Great Company

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alsbridge

Pros

Strong leadership team that expects you to perform at the top of your game and exceed clientt expectations.

Cons

Travel schedule is hard to keep straight sometimes. Engagement teams are small so it puts pressure on you to understand technology and budgets

Alllow more chances for people to attend professional training seminars and a bit more time off.

A highly structured, innovative and professional consulting company with enthusiastic leadership and great consultants.

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alsbridge

Pros

Very professional company to work for. The best consulting talent I have encountered in 25 years and a very strong leadership team. Forward looking and passionate executives with a drive to get the best out of people and technology.

Cons

None that I have experienced. Alsbridge is a growing force in consulting and expects a lot from its people and its people expect the same from the firm. This is as it should be in a premium consulting company.

Continue to give open feedback on the challenges and successes. Maintain client focus. Capture and exceed client expectations.

If this is the best place you have worked, then you haven't been around the block

I worked at Alsbridge

Pros

When you have downtime the company doesn't expect you to jump on a plane or drive into the office to just be seen. You are allowed to work your schedule from home.

Cons

Some of the employees are not very smart. See below where one person posted the same information giving glowing review multiple times.

I have worked for a couple of different consulting firms and several fortune 100 companies. If you want to work someplace where you can make decisions, be creative or kick around ideas, keep looking. Ben Trowbridge has a firm grip on all decisions and if the idea wasn't Ben's it is not a good idea.

Relax and give up some control.

Management greed and no / small bonus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alsbridge

Pros

The benefits are very good for a small company. The company has great people with deep domain experience. If the employees stayed for more than 6 months, this could be a great company.

Cons

The CEO hires very talented people, but he micromanages ever decision. There are multiple stories about the CEO searching the Internet for best deals on items that cost $15 -$100. The CEO doesn't trust anyone. Several times I heard a story about the CEO hiring a private eye to follow an employee.

If you hire smart people, listen to them and give them a chance. Provide employees timely feedback on their performance.

Alsbridge review.

I have been working at Alsbridge

Pros

Overall, since 100 words are required, I would say that there is a very good benefits program for a small firm. The compensation program is a good one overall with a reasonable base for other benefits to be based on. The firm has continued to grow while other firms have been laying off and having difficulty.

Cons

The bonus program is a somewhat mystical and although there is a formula in terms of the types of activities you are expected to complete during the course of the year, as a private company, we do not end up seeing what the total bonus pool is. We also do not receive updates on the financials of the company.

Personally, I do not feel that this is the proper forum for feedback to management. My feedback to management will be directly to management and not through a web site.

If you are looking for a secure place to work, this is not your employer.

I worked at Alsbridge

Pros

Small firm that is growing

Cons

THE CEO is a control freak, who rarely gives praise nor is open to ideas from employees

People management is a skill that should be practiced. Talking with your people and getting to know them is important. Most employees are on edge and always aware they can be fired at any time for any reason.