Alsbridge Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Stay away from this firm if you planing for IT position

Former Employee - Information Systems Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Information Systems Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Alsbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its in Dallas uptown - Thats about it!

Cons

Very small firm. Constantly hire and fire people.

Advice to Management

Provide training to new people before placing them on projects

Terrific Boutique Consultancy in the ITO/BPO Space

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Alsbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In an industry filled with prima donnas, it was refreshing to be part of a small company where everyone pitched in to make it as successful as possible -- nothing was beneath anyone and there was a shared buzz that we were poised for the big leagues. Founder, Ben Trowbridge (now Chairman, i.e., semi-retired), was a visionary when he started this practice. His time was wisely invested in branding to position Alsbridge as the premier outsourcing advisory. To demonstrate how good he was at this, I had close to 20 years experience in the consulting industry and judged Alsbridge to be a 500-strong, $150M practice based on my pre-interview research. They were seemingly everywhere with webinars, white papers, speaking engagements, quoted gurus, and sought after prognosticators with a Euro and US presence. Their image was heavy-hitters of the McKinssey, Boston, Bain variety. So why had I and my contacts not run into these guys before, I wondered? Why? Because they were one tenth the size that Trowbridge had masterfully projected. That said, they were (and are) heavy hitters when it comes to bench strength. After I was hired, I continued to be impressed with Ben's obsession with the brand and keeping it fresh. He regularly came up with low cost (he preferred free) innovative sales tactics (which i won't divulge) using automation and cybertech to sear the Alsbridge brand into the minds of past, present, and future clients. Ben was also keen to apply the same approach to operations -- standardize and automate wherever possible with particular attention focused on IP re-use and its ubiquitous taglines "Put it on the wiki!" for work product and "Get it off the wiki!" for inquiries. Those efforts were nascent at the time but no doubt have matured and are producing solid efficiency results today. Overall, great firm, good comp, really enjoyed it. Had it not been for an offer I couldn't refuse and getting off the road, I'd likely still be there.

Cons

Nothing major here. Typical growing pains of a small firm. Well, there there was one bad apple in the company -- a bully micro manager who is infamously known by past and current staff. I've yet to see that type survive in the consulting biz, but...? Maybe they made him a recruiter?

Advice to Management

Far be it from me to advise management who have been so successful (other than the recruiter comment). I've heard through the grapevine that the new CEO, Chip Wagner, is doing it right with even more focus on delivery and client satisfaction and that he is well liked and respected throughout the firm. If you're in the biz, you would be hard pressed to find a better outfit. Keep an eye on these guys.

Great opportunity to gain experience, grow your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alsbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Alsbridge is a relatively small firm but is growing aggressively. This allows employees to take on a number of responsibilities and gain experience in areas that would not be possible at a larger firm. Alsbridge places a high importance on professional growth outside the office as well. As part of their benefits package, each employee has the opportunity to take advantage of hundreds of dollars worth of training/classes each year to help grow their careers.

Cons

Because the company is small and growing, each employee is asked to wear several hats. The workload can become stressful at times but, it always pays off in the end.

5. Highly talented and driven team. Meritocracy where hard work and results are rewarded.

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Alsbridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It’s a great group of really talented, driven people you get to work with that are all willing to help each other to achieve common goals. The company sets high growth targets that cause everyone to stretch to reach them, but is also a meritocracy and rewards for high performance. Lots of ability to move and change roles if you can add value in another area. Great benefits for a firm of this size and the company has absorbed health insurance cost increases keeping the employees at the same premium level for three years straight.

Cons

High performance targets require long hours so work-life balance can suffer unless you consciously watch it

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what has worked – (1) controlled innovation and (2) aligning the goals of the employees with the goals of the company. The company evolves every year to adapt and succeed in its environment by considering all options, but using careful deliberation to make the right decision at the right time...and that has kept us growing both revenue and profitability year over year.

6. Huge Learning Experience

I worked at Alsbridge

Pros

Well recognized consulting firm. Obtained high knowledge in several areas of a consultancy's operations. Abilities were never undermined by direct reports.

Cons

Need more interaction within the corporate team as well as with the consultants

Not a place for innovation and growth

I worked at Alsbridge

Pros

nice work environment, coworkers are friendly and helpful

Cons

As others described, the CEO is in control of all actions and decisions. Innovative ideas and creative approaches are not welcome here. Most employees are forced to fall in line and do what they are told. Workload is not evenly distributed; some employees are over worked while others have down time. Salesmen are blatantly given preferential treatment. Some directions given are "questionable" and go against current best practices. Challenging these directions is not allowed.

Advice to Management

A strong leader listens and does not micromanage; he builds a good team he can trust to make good decisions.

The vision behind launching a new outsourcing consulting firm was brilliant. However....

Former Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Alsbridge

Pros

This is a small company that was launched by a strong vision. Over the past several years the firm has been able to hire very smart and talented people. Unfortunately, the dictator leadership style is the cause for most of these talented people leaving.

Cons

The firm is suffering from a founder that can't understand that he should step aside and let the talent grow the firm. The founder still gets involved in $15 purchases. There is almost zero trust of any employee. If you are interviewing, please obtain all statements in writing.

Advice to Management

Smoke and mirrors only work for so long, until clients begin to notice. Ethics and morals last forever. Trust the smart people you hire.

Great team at Alsbridge!

I have been working at Alsbridge

Pros

Intellectually stimulating, thought leadership, communication skills, and effective teamwork set the tone to our work environment. You're able to work with some incredibly smart people on today’s most challenging business problems while making a direct impact on our clients. By working on the continuous challenges that our clients face, you leverage your skill set while continuing to grow and develop your expertise in our space. Arguably you are working with the best. They have great guides to professional development. Additionally, the review process is thorough and provides a good feedback on your performance as well as opportunities for improvement.

Cons

The only real downside is the amount of travel. But if you want to be in Managing Consulting, then you'll face that issue at any firm. (Although it provides a lot of miles & hotel awards)

Advice to Management

Great leadership....

A highly structured, innovative and professional consulting company with enthusiastic leadership and great consultants.

I have been working at Alsbridge

Pros

Very professional company to work for. The best consulting talent I have encountered in 25 years and a very strong leadership team. Forward looking and passionate executives with a drive to get the best out of people and technology.

Cons

None that I have experienced. Alsbridge is a growing force in consulting and expects a lot from its people and its people expect the same from the firm. This is as it should be in a premium consulting company.

Advice to Management

Continue to give open feedback on the challenges and successes. Maintain client focus. Capture and exceed client expectations.

Great team and atmosphere!

Cons

Advice to Management

Great leadership....

RSS Feed </> Embed