Alsco
www.alsco.com Salt Lake City, UT 5000+ Employees

Alsco Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Kevin Steiner

Great company that will and does reinvest into the business. Great leadership throughout the company

ProsEverything was extremely positive and work environment was great

ConsGreat run company. No cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep allowing each business to make their own decisions as you presently do. Best laundry company in the business to work for.

Good luck

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe starting pay was fine. It's a national company, the general manager has aloy if autonomy from the parent group

ConsThere was not any consistancy on what was able to be sold. Lots of preferential treatment not based on merit

Advice to Senior ManagementAll managemebt should be on the same page. There should be guidelines on who is really in charge

Alsco expects you to be committed to them but wont reciprocate.

Maintenance Tech (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsSteady work, timely pay, decent 401k. Sorry i cant come up with anything else to say about alsco that is positive.

ConsNo chance for advancement. poor management. under staffing. Low moral. these problems are probably location specific.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider running a fully staffed maintenance department. Actually motivate employees with rewards instead of threats of punishment.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disgusting excuse for a employer

Production Worker/Driver (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFinding another job and getting out of this pathetic excuse for a company

ConsEverything is a con. Pay, unaffordable benefits, backbreaking work, terrible work environment. management,, no room for growth, no raises, no reason to want to do anything other than what you have to do to keep your job. coworkers are terrible, work conditions even worse, broken down trucks, petty cheap conmen owners, need I go on?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your job at ALSCO. Nobody else would hire you to manage anything. You couldnt manage your way out of a wet paper bag.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to develop skills and leadership.

ProsFamily Owned and operated, leadership at all levels. Employees commitment to the company and to their customer. Bonuses available & reachable at all levels.

ConsKnown as the quiet company. Union involvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave quicker market adoption.

Sales Consultant/Manager in Training Program

Pros- Pay was okay
    - Autonomy to work with other managers

Cons- They don't give you time to do your job - constant monitoring of your sales number (quota)
    - Constant quarrels with customers because service department failure to perform their tasks
    - Lazy Regional sales manager - never available to coach or train employees when need it.
    - To each his own environment
    - Fears competition within sales consultant in the same company - Sales consultants willing to cheat colleagues to make sales.
    - Not a good environment for a recent college grad or young guy - almost every one is over the age of 40
    - Below average work environment climate

Advice to Senior ManagementRecent college grads, if you just want a job to make money then Alsco is not a bad place exclude the constant stress of thinking you'd loose your job tomorrow. Other than that, I do not recommend it.

You can spend a life time there but you won't be rewarded

Level III Tech Support (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsVery stable company. Conservative (financially) to a fault. They pay in advance which is different. Good location.

ConsNO training NO advancements 1% pay raises Expensive (by comp) health care. The company could run without IT and they tell you that too. They are still on XP and dont even have any form of central control

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think that upper management knows how much money, time and effort is wasted trying to keep IT expenses down. The IT SR manager needs to be fired. He is driving good people away.

A revolving door

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIf they ever got their act together and figured it out !! the industry is not a bad environment to work in.

ConsVery long work hours and no reward for it. It's a hostile work environment with management at times. And the worst thing is in the last ten years there has been EIGHT Genreal managers and 18 Service manager so what does that tell you about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWAKE UP!! Put A team in place with qualified personal..and be consistent

Great family owned company that treats you like family

ProsFair salary, bonus, flexibility, privately owned.

ConsA little old fashioned in some aspects of their business.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the management needs to be re-evaluated. They are lacking some basic management skills.

Everything and more than was described to me during the interview.

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity for growth, steady employment and great group of people to work with. From Jim Divers in Salt Lake to the janitor at our branch. Alsco takes their time with the hiring process and they genuinely care about their employees.

ConsThe Unions! Union members get caught up in the whole "me, me, me" and forget that we are all (management and owners included) in the business together. Consider having end of day production/service meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent with union write ups. Set precedent and follow through.

Worked for Alsco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alsco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alsco CEO Kevin Steiner. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Alsco employees.