Alta It Services

Alta It Services Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Howard Stein

If you like to work in govs at D.C area, contact them.

Java Developer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsRecruiters are very friendly. They have several governments/related company clients.

ConsDo not sponsor H1-B, not a good choice for OPT workers.

Solaris and Linux System Backup Admin

Unix System Administrative (Former Employee) Fort Belvoir, VA

ProsVery good company nice people, pleasant to work with I would recommend them to any IT professional. they were upfront and personal, their HR was very good at responding. payroll was prompt and on time,

ConsNo bad experiences. payroll pay was not once a week, but OK. Gov contracts and employee review is under gov control and is set by contracts when applicable and the company can only suggest to the client on recommendation.

Advice to Senior Management401K would be nice , with employment less then 6 months.

Contractor experience with Alta IT Services

Software Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsWonderful recruiter. Although she didn't convey the exact conditions I would be entering into, she was an attentive listener. HR questions were answered in a timely fashion.

ConsRecruiter didn't convey the environment I would be entering into. Contractors were treated as second-class citizens. For example, Contractors were not included in project team meetings. The employees were expected to convey instruction back to their contractor counterparts. Also, the "Prime" never sent out emails to the contractors- even "Facilities"-type emails. There was an infestation and an email went out to the employees only on how to prepare the cubicles for the extermination team. Also, there was an earthquake. Again, an email went out to the employees only giving direction on when to report back to work once the building was deemed safe. ALTA IT should have stepped in to correct this communication even if it meant the Prime sent ALTA the email and ALTA would forward the pertinent information to ALTA's employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you place a contractor, it is important to convey the attitude of the Prime toward contractors. If desk supplies are not provided, let the contractor know to bring their own desk supplies or provide it for them. Insist the Prime communicate.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entry Level Help Desk

Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsRecruiter is caring and helpful; good entry level position

ConsPosition will most likely not go permanent; a promotion would not necessarily mean an opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould work to get employee a permanent position if they are close to finishing contract / finished contract as well as providing better benefits.

Great

Refresh Tech (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsOpportunity for growth and great people to work with.

ConsNone, I don't have anything bad to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Product Manager/Business Analyst

Product Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat benefits were provided for all employees

ConsThe only con is that the position did not materialize into a permanent job.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen an employee reaches the 6 months as a temp that they assist in getting the employee brought on full time with the company or find another position.

Subcontracting Firm supporting BAESystems

Software Quality Assurance (Current Employee)

ProsRecruiter was friendly and personable.

ConsWas ill-informed of the work conditions @ the client site.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow the client you are supporting. Prepare the employees you have hired for the work environment.

Worked for Alta It Services? Contribute to the Community!