Altametrics

Updated November 5, 2014
Updated November 5, 2014
3.6

Mitesh Gala

Lots of opportunity to grow as a professional

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A better opportunity than what I had before. A lot of responsibility. I am being molded into a stronger professional. The atmosphere is enjoyable, the people are kind, and the work is stimulating. I have not experienced anything else that compares. I am able to proactively seek knowledge and improve my skills daily.

Cons

Employees must be comfortable with being lost and having to proactively seek information, resources, answers.

Management is very understanding, open, and expressive. There is autonomy, constant feedback, and there is not micro-management. Thus, I can perform my job well at my own pace using my methods. I believe that Altametrics is well positioned to dominate this industry. As the company grows, management must tighten processes, but they should continue to avoid micro-managing as much as possible.

Great Place for Experience but not Long Term

I have been working at Altametrics full-time

Pros

Great senior managers (not C-Level) who have great experience and are willing to teach
    Great place to get experience and then move on to better company
    We have an enthusiam manager to keep spirits up but struggles to get support from execs.
    We hire great talent and great people all through out the company
    Work/Life is ok because no one wants to be here longer than they have to be, so we leave right on time.

Cons

80% of employees are so unhappy here, that I would have to assume that these great reviews are fake and staged by the company.
    People take you aside as ask, "Why are you here?"
    C-Level does not care about their people
    They Fire people all the time, even entire departments all at one time.
    We have a fridge with lots of employee pictures on it and half of them have been fired. They tell us the cause is re-org and budget cuts.
    They are hiring cheaper resources and firing higher paid resources
    People have been here for over 4 years with no raises
    If you’re next in line for a promotion, they won’t promote you if they need you to stay where you’re at. Instead, they’ll promote someone new, like just 3 months new
    The company has been open for 17 years and no one has been here for even half of that time
    Benefits are bad, Have to work 1 yr before accruing vacation, no 401k, Kaiser Ins, No sick time

They won’t care for advice.

Great company to learn practical employable skills

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to learn practical employable skills

Cons

Can't really think - expectations will be high, so roll up sleeves.

Great Company Culture here at Altametrics! We get to work with world class clients and awesome software on a daily basis

Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Work-life balance!
    Great Office Ambiance!
    Enthusiasm Program & Company Events!
    Very intelligent senior management!
    Company has doubled in the last year!

Cons

401K
    Benefits could be better

Share the Vision!

This is a joke of a company, beware!!!!

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. They treat their customer bad, they treat their employees bad. Upper management is only concerned about putting dollars in their pockets. You have to be pretty desperate to take a job with this company.

Cons

Where to start... Well it all starts at the top. Their products are buggy and they tell the sales people to go out and sell things that isn't actually there creating a tough situation for solution consultants. This company is run by people who do not know how to run a company. The benefits are horrible, you get no vacation your first year, no work life balance what so ever, no 401k, the people they put in management positions are not even qualified to run a zoo exhibit.

Create an actual company culture, create products that work. Treat your employees like you value them. Don't flat out lie to your customers.

Amazing company with excellent growth and learning opportunities

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is full force competitive and creative. They provide us a way to build applications that very well may change the world. Giving said that, only the brightest and strongest survive. They also provide breakfast and continue to grow their ecosystem to benefit the employees and keep enthusiam high.

We have a very bright group of developers and the team works incredibly hard to make the best applications possible. There is a very clear SDLC and bug tracking system that helps us keep track of things. Our bug tracker is pretty cool too, it's far better than most I've used; if not all commercial products since it allows us to manage bugs, features and suggestions in a way that form fits itself to the software development process. The team lead is a beast but pure genius. The team is faced with incredible challenges yet has continued to achieve what seems like the impossible, even with all that the company puts in front of us. You don't create products like these without someone who wants the very best from everyone in the group. It's not always an easy pill to swallow but a necessary evil if you want create the best.

There are many times where the expectations put on us makes work difficult but our team always pulls together and succeeds. I've learned a ton and have to say that people who have commented here negatively in the past are classic lackies, you know the "I'm so special no one gets me" types. I wouldn't be surprised if their complaints and issues at work follow them everywhere they go. This company cares about the end product and definitely does not stand for the lowest common denominators. This group has directly shaped the success of the products and company future. The director puts in more time and care for the end product than anyone I've ever worked with. So what if he expects miracles from us, such is life... at least if you want a rewarding one.

If you want to make something incredible, have creative input, learn a lot, change the world and not just make everyday websites I strongly recommend joining the group here.

Yes it's challenging but extremely rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes the drive to achieve overshadows the time available, this many times leads to a very high pressure environment with little to no recovery time between projects.

Give our input a bit more value over the future of the company, we all care as much or more for the success of the company. Believe that our small voices can make a difference if you let us be the consensus. Make more strategic moves with management rather than force feeding the agenda.

A company in need of an overhaul

Former Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Altametrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was paid every two weeks.

Cons

The company has no idea how to manage their staff. They do not let you take vacation unless you are their favorite.

All management staff, especially the Client Service Managers need to learn how to deal with staff. There are people there making huge decision with no education or certifications, but staff has degrees but do not receive any respect.

Terrible management

I worked at Altametrics full-time

Pros

They have a solid business model, and the potential for growth at this company is very good.

Cons

One of the worst management experiences I've ever had. Incredibly unprofessional behavior with regard to direction, feedback, and motivation. Lack of understanding of common software development process. No technical requirements. No documentation. No credible backup or SVN. Constant, daily, lengthy meetings are a huge drain on time and resources. Unnecessary, 24-7 crunch time for some. Security comes second to adding new features.

Understand the concept of technical debt. Be upfront and honest with what you want out of your staff. Spend more time planning and less time shooting from the hip. Stop micromanaging every single detail.

A great place to grow and build a career

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company provides a dynamic work environment with lots of growth opportunities. A great environment to learn and contribute.

Cons

Fast paced environment so it may not be for everyone.

Continue to aggressively grow the company.

Great managers, nice customers, growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My experience here has been nothing but great. The last six months have opened my eyes to what a well run company that cares about customers Feels like to work at. Actually it doesn't feel like work. They serve breakfast every morning for everyone and there are a lot of other benefits that I won't mention so I don't sound like an ad.

I have actually seen management get involved in customer issues. The CEO came from the restaurant business and you can tell he just plain cares that customers and employees are taken care of.

Cons

None to speak of. I have seen the CEO tell us to do the best thing for a customer even if it meant the company lost money. Employees are treated very well and everyone is given a chance for a raise every 6 months. One of the other reviews mentioned that the quality of people here is pretty high and it is. The pace is fast also, so it is not for everyone.

Don't change a thing.