Altametrics

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014
3.2

Mitesh Gala

Great Company Culture here at Altametrics! We get to work with world class clients and awesome software on a daily basis

Current Employee - Administrative Staff  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work-life balance!
    Great Office Ambiance!
    Enthusiasm Program & Company Events!
    Very intelligent senior management!
    Company has doubled in the last year!

Cons

401K
    Benefits could be better

Share the Vision!

This is a joke of a company, beware!!!!

Current Employee - Solution Consultant  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing. They treat their customer bad, they treat their employees bad. Upper management is only concerned about putting dollars in their pockets. You have to be pretty desperate to take a job with this company.

Cons

Where to start... Well it all starts at the top. Their products are buggy and they tell the sales people to go out and sell things that isn't actually there creating a tough situation for solution consultants. This company is run by people who do not know how to run a company. The benefits are horrible, you get no vacation your first year, no work life balance what so ever, no 401k, the people they put in management positions are not even qualified to run a zoo exhibit.

Create an actual company culture, create products that work. Treat your employees like you value them. Don't flat out lie to your customers.

Amazing company with excellent growth and learning opportunities

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is full force competitive and creative. They provide us a way to build applications that very well may change the world. Giving said that, only the brightest and strongest survive. They also provide breakfast and continue to grow their ecosystem to benefit the employees and keep enthusiam high.

We have a very bright group of developers and the team works incredibly hard to make the best applications possible. There is a very clear SDLC and bug tracking system that helps us keep track of things. Our bug tracker is pretty cool too, it's far better than most I've used; if not all commercial products since it allows us to manage bugs, features and suggestions in a way that form fits itself to the software development process. The team lead is a beast but pure genius. The team is faced with incredible challenges yet has continued to achieve what seems like the impossible, even with all that the company puts in front of us. You don't create products like these without someone who wants the very best from everyone in the group. It's not always an easy pill to swallow but a necessary evil if you want create the best.

There are many times where the expectations put on us makes work difficult but our team always pulls together and succeeds. I've learned a ton and have to say that people who have commented here negatively in the past are classic lackies, you know the "I'm so special no one gets me" types. I wouldn't be surprised if their complaints and issues at work follow them everywhere they go. This company cares about the end product and definitely does not stand for the lowest common denominators. This group has directly shaped the success of the products and company future. The director puts in more time and care for the end product than anyone I've ever worked with. So what if he expects miracles from us, such is life... at least if you want a rewarding one.

If you want to make something incredible, have creative input, learn a lot, change the world and not just make everyday websites I strongly recommend joining the group here.

Yes it's challenging but extremely rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes the drive to achieve overshadows the time available, this many times leads to a very high pressure environment with little to no recovery time between projects.

Give our input a bit more value over the future of the company, we all care as much or more for the success of the company. Believe that our small voices can make a difference if you let us be the consensus. Make more strategic moves with management rather than force feeding the agenda.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company in need of an overhaul

Former Employee - Solution Consultant  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was paid every two weeks.

Cons

The company has no idea how to manage their staff. They do not let you take vacation unless you are their favorite.

All management staff, especially the Client Service Managers need to learn how to deal with staff. There are people there making huge decision with no education or certifications, but staff has degrees but do not receive any respect.

Terrible management

I worked at Altametrics full-time

Pros

They have a solid business model, and the potential for growth at this company is very good.

Cons

One of the worst management experiences I've ever had. Incredibly unprofessional behavior with regard to direction, feedback, and motivation. Lack of understanding of common software development process. No technical requirements. No documentation. No credible backup or SVN. Constant, daily, lengthy meetings are a huge drain on time and resources. Unnecessary, 24-7 crunch time for some. Security comes second to adding new features.

Understand the concept of technical debt. Be upfront and honest with what you want out of your staff. Spend more time planning and less time shooting from the hip. Stop micromanaging every single detail.

A great place to grow and build a career

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company provides a dynamic work environment with lots of growth opportunities. A great environment to learn and contribute.

Cons

Fast paced environment so it may not be for everyone.

Continue to aggressively grow the company.

Great managers, nice customers, growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience here has been nothing but great. The last six months have opened my eyes to what a well run company that cares about customers Feels like to work at. Actually it doesn't feel like work. They serve breakfast every morning for everyone and there are a lot of other benefits that I won't mention so I don't sound like an ad.

I have actually seen management get involved in customer issues. The CEO came from the restaurant business and you can tell he just plain cares that customers and employees are taken care of.

Cons

None to speak of. I have seen the CEO tell us to do the best thing for a customer even if it meant the company lost money. Employees are treated very well and everyone is given a chance for a raise every 6 months. One of the other reviews mentioned that the quality of people here is pretty high and it is. The pace is fast also, so it is not for everyone.

Don't change a thing.

A place where your input counts and you're not treated like a cog.

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here is that this company is really innovative. I worked for a wanna-bee competitor previously and I swear the people were so stale they could not have an innovative idea to save their life. Actually working for a creative company that cares about its employees AND customers feels great.

Cons

There really are no downsides. The base salary is fair and I've received a raise every year, even through the recession. Pay can always be higher, who doesn't want to make more money?

My advice to management is to continue to listen to customers. That is the best part of the company - knowing that what we do matters.

Very supportive environment. Good opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Solution Consultant  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been here for a little more than 2 years and enjoy working with the other people here. The company is growing pretty quickly and I was just selected to work on the McDonald's account which is pretty cool. Salary wise I think they are competitive and they pay out their incentive pay very quickly which makes you feel good about your work - no games.

Cons

The company went through some growing pains about 2 years ago when I joined but I'd tell anyone to come on board now. The cons (for some people) are that this is a place where the talent bar is pretty high and if your looking for a paycheck to get by chances are you probably are not going to fit in.

My advice to upper management would be not to get distracted by trying to execute too many initiatives at once. It's better to do fewer things and do them well. The new Enthusiasm Manager idea is excellent - stick with it.

I had a terrible experience at this company.

I worked at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The one and only pro I can offer as far as Altametrics goes is that you will gain some experience for future jobs you will eventually apply for.

Cons

-There was no real effort to foster a positive company culture, which led to a very fragmented "team".
    -There was a lack of structure within the company which led to a poor setting of expectations. The on-boarding process was non-existent.
    -No benefits (including no vacations) were offered for my position even after working at the company for more than one year.
    -Extremely unprofessional conduct can be expected from management.

I highly recommend addressing the cons I have listed if the high turnover is becoming a concern.

Worked for Altametrics? Contribute to the Community!