Altametrics

Updated February 14, 2015
Updated February 14, 2015
3.4

Mitesh Gala

The company I've been looking for.

Current Employee - Implementation Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here are that you are really valued as a person. Also, management takes an interest in your professional development. The environment is open and very social and friendly. Other words I would use to describe my experience are collaborative and supportive.

Cons

The training is fast paced but thorough. Expectations are very high compared to other places. As part of the onboarding my supervisor laid out exactly what was going to be expected of me and to be frank I was worried that I was not going to be able to do it. I missed my first deadline but my manager was very understanding and supportive.

The training manager is great and the support from management is superb. I hope the philosophy toward people stays the same.

Bunch of chickens running around with heads cut off . Career Killer!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time

Pros

I love the people that I work with everyday, the lower level. There is great camaraderie we talk with each other and wants to see each other do well. There is a tea time around 3 p.m. to take breaks and mingle with one another. Typically there is breakfast in the mornings paid by the company. The products could be better but I still fully believe in it.

Cons

Where do I start. HIGH TURNOVER. This PAST MONTH alone I have seen C-level let 5 employees go and 2 have quit for positions elsewhere just to get the hell out. THAT IS 7 EMPLOYEES GONE. Hence why I am here warning every future one of you who thinks "hey Altametrics sounds great". Trust me, I have met a lot of you people and most are not here now. It's sad because who they recruit to work for us are bright and have a good education and experience background from prominent top Universities and top Fortune 100 companies. There was a lot of promise in them. Then for some reason they are suddenly gone and we receive an email end of the day "John Smith was let go due to restructuring or the company is heading into a different direction" Seriously!? Some of them were my friends! Lets just say morale is low even with an "enthusiasm manager" aka glorified office manager. I don't expect to be here too long and I am currently searching for a better opportunity. Would you be if you were always looking behind your back nervously waiting am I next because here at Altametrics everyone even your momma is expendable. Lack of vision in management. The CEO seems he is an intellect but I don't know if he knows how to run a company. But if you ever need tables, chairs, and remotes straighten give him a call as he's constantly doing that in our office 2-3 times a day. C-level treats this company as if it's their toy. One week we are doing something and then the next we scrap that plan and do something else totally different (this is when employees are let go). Seriously a bunch of headless chickens could run in one direction better than our C-levels. The work is frustrating and that's why I love working with my lower level peers. We all share this same sentiment. We all show up on time and leave on time. There is definitely favoritism in the office and especially with the team we have in India. No promotions or pay raises. Pay is about 1/3 of what you'd get paid same position with a different company. But oh if you make it long enough for 10 years you get a 70 inch TV. I'd be in a fetal position with a bottle of grey goose after work everyday just crying if I am lucky to survive that long. So if you think you can come in here with your big shot degree and previous management positions with "the big boys", I wish you the best of luck because I give you at the most a year before management decides "the company is heading into a different direction"

Does it matter... you won't listen to me anyways. You haven't listened to anyone. Do what you want. Continue paddling in the pool of mediocrity. 17 years and NCR/Oracle still doesn't know we exist. I don't know what you tell our clients to jump onboard but you definitely deserve the Oscars for Best Actor. I am pretty sure you and your employees are only surviving because of your family money. There is no growth without vision. If I had to recommend something is for you to step down. Hand it off to a new owner with a clear straight direction.

No growth opportunities

I worked at Altametrics

Pros

There were no pros it was a paycheck.

Cons

No strategy or direction for the company. The owners and Management do whatever they feel like doing.

Lots of opportunity to grow as a professional

Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A better opportunity than what I had before. A lot of responsibility. I am being molded into a stronger professional. The atmosphere is enjoyable, the people are kind, and the work is stimulating. I have not experienced anything else that compares. I am able to proactively seek knowledge and improve my skills daily.

Cons

Employees must be comfortable with being lost and having to proactively seek information, resources, answers.

Management is very understanding, open, and expressive. There is autonomy, constant feedback, and there is not micro-management. Thus, I can perform my job well at my own pace using my methods. I believe that Altametrics is well positioned to dominate this industry. As the company grows, management must tighten processes, but they should continue to avoid micro-managing as much as possible.

Great Place for Experience but not Long Term

I have been working at Altametrics full-time

Pros

Great senior managers (not C-Level) who have great experience and are willing to teach
    Great place to get experience and then move on to better company
    We have an enthusiam manager to keep spirits up but struggles to get support from execs.
    We hire great talent and great people all through out the company
    Work/Life is ok because no one wants to be here longer than they have to be, so we leave right on time.

Cons

80% of employees are so unhappy here, that I would have to assume that these great reviews are fake and staged by the company.
    People take you aside as ask, "Why are you here?"
    C-Level does not care about their people
    They Fire people all the time, even entire departments all at one time.
    We have a fridge with lots of employee pictures on it and half of them have been fired. They tell us the cause is re-org and budget cuts.
    They are hiring cheaper resources and firing higher paid resources
    People have been here for over 4 years with no raises
    If you’re next in line for a promotion, they won’t promote you if they need you to stay where you’re at. Instead, they’ll promote someone new, like just 3 months new
    The company has been open for 17 years and no one has been here for even half of that time
    Benefits are bad, Have to work 1 yr before accruing vacation, no 401k, Kaiser Ins, No sick time

They won’t care for advice.

Great company to learn practical employable skills

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to learn practical employable skills

Cons

Can't really think - expectations will be high, so roll up sleeves.

Great Company Culture here at Altametrics! We get to work with world class clients and awesome software on a daily basis

Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Work-life balance!
    Great Office Ambiance!
    Enthusiasm Program & Company Events!
    Very intelligent senior management!
    Company has doubled in the last year!

Cons

401K
    Benefits could be better

Share the Vision!

This is a joke of a company, beware!!!!

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. They treat their customer bad, they treat their employees bad. Upper management is only concerned about putting dollars in their pockets. You have to be pretty desperate to take a job with this company.

Cons

Where to start... Well it all starts at the top. Their products are buggy and they tell the sales people to go out and sell things that isn't actually there creating a tough situation for solution consultants. This company is run by people who do not know how to run a company. The benefits are horrible, you get no vacation your first year, no work life balance what so ever, no 401k, the people they put in management positions are not even qualified to run a zoo exhibit.

Create an actual company culture, create products that work. Treat your employees like you value them. Don't flat out lie to your customers.

Amazing company with excellent growth and learning opportunities

Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is full force competitive and creative. They provide us a way to build applications that very well may change the world. Giving said that, only the brightest and strongest survive. They also provide breakfast and continue to grow their ecosystem to benefit the employees and keep enthusiam high.

We have a very bright group of developers and the team works incredibly hard to make the best applications possible. There is a very clear SDLC and bug tracking system that helps us keep track of things. Our bug tracker is pretty cool too, it's far better than most I've used; if not all commercial products since it allows us to manage bugs, features and suggestions in a way that form fits itself to the software development process. The team lead is a beast but pure genius. The team is faced with incredible challenges yet has continued to achieve what seems like the impossible, even with all that the company puts in front of us. You don't create products like these without someone who wants the very best from everyone in the group. It's not always an easy pill to swallow but a necessary evil if you want create the best.

There are many times where the expectations put on us makes work difficult but our team always pulls together and succeeds. I've learned a ton and have to say that people who have commented here negatively in the past are classic lackies, you know the "I'm so special no one gets me" types. I wouldn't be surprised if their complaints and issues at work follow them everywhere they go. This company cares about the end product and definitely does not stand for the lowest common denominators. This group has directly shaped the success of the products and company future. The director puts in more time and care for the end product than anyone I've ever worked with. So what if he expects miracles from us, such is life... at least if you want a rewarding one.

If you want to make something incredible, have creative input, learn a lot, change the world and not just make everyday websites I strongly recommend joining the group here.

Yes it's challenging but extremely rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes the drive to achieve overshadows the time available, this many times leads to a very high pressure environment with little to no recovery time between projects.

Give our input a bit more value over the future of the company, we all care as much or more for the success of the company. Believe that our small voices can make a difference if you let us be the consensus. Make more strategic moves with management rather than force feeding the agenda.

A company in need of an overhaul

Former Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Altametrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was paid every two weeks.

Cons

The company has no idea how to manage their staff. They do not let you take vacation unless you are their favorite.

All management staff, especially the Client Service Managers need to learn how to deal with staff. There are people there making huge decision with no education or certifications, but staff has degrees but do not receive any respect.