Altaquip Reviews

Admin

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Altaquip full-time for more than a year

Pros

They don't appreciate their employees as much as they need to.

Cons

I love being a admin and I enjoy working for this company, its very laid back.

Be more considerate about your employees.

Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Parts Specialist
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist

I have been working at Altaquip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best place to learn and grow within its industry

Cons

Must be able to keep up with constant change and adapt.

Change has come!!!!!!! :-) ****You'll want to read this****

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Altaquip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Altaquip is a company that has received a bad rap due to poor communication, disgruntle employee's and questionable choices by previous senior management . THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!! :-) With the new President in place and with his passion to development his team of leaders and their direct reports, Altaquip is in route to be one of the best companies to work for. I've been apart of this company for 3 months. I started through a temporary service agency and was promised that a permanent position would be offered within 60-90 days, upon me being a good fit for the position. I was offered permanent employment after 30. In my short period of time I have seen the small changes, as well as, some major changes. I have the confidence in our NEW PRESIDENT/LEADERSHIP & our Senior Team that there will be greater change soon. Some changes will come immediately and others will take more time. One of the biggest goals of our new president is to develop his team of leader and their teams. Training and development is vital to success of any company. One thing that our president says is, "A vision without execution, is hallucination." Let's not just talk about change... Let's be the change we talk about. He believes that we are winners & champions and he makes sure to remind us daily. I understand that there were some who were apart of the company when our processes weren't clear, or non-existent. However, Altaquip has been rebirthed and the CHANGE HAS COME! I'd recommend this company to anyone because change is at hand and the greater change that is to come. I'm glad to be apart of this team.

Cons

Old leadership and ways of thinking are slowly subsiding. Once everyone can grasps the change that is taking place, then Altaquip can really move full speed ahead! Communication could be better and IS GETTING BETTER. Processes are being revised and changed.

Trust each other and continue to push each other to your maximum potential.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy job for the pay,but not always enough hours...

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist
    Current Employee - Administrative Specialist

I have been working at Altaquip part-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a good entry level position of Administrative, inventory, and technician jobs. Also you gain experience in a warehouse setting.

A new president was just hired and seems to have a lot of experience. Hopefully his game-plan can insure stability and future growth.

A berkshire hathaway subsidiary. So this company has potential to become successful

Cons

There is a lot of turnover in employees due this being a season job. Once late fall and winter arrive hours decrease enormously, so start looking for another job.

If the company management is terrible at your location, then it can be real bad for employees. They will get numerous calls from customers about there units and managers start harping on UPH and IPH.

Most Managers and assistant managers are inexperienced employees. Which really hurts the overall performance for the company and facility. Due to lack of experience, employees get away with many excuses and performance issues. Respecting your job and other employees becomes an issue and in the end the work just becomes another job type attitude.

Poor communication between management and lower employees. District managers rarely visit due to always being at under performing facilities. So if there are issues or concerns you have, they will rarely be addressed and resolved.

Not a lot of room for growth. Management say the will hire from within, but I haven't seen it in the location I am working. If you have worked for our customers in the past you have a better shot for a promotion or job hiring no matter your experience. Not necessarily a smart hiring decision.

Build a program that really trains your technicians, admins and managers. Because of the lack of communication within the company and the difficulty to pass communication from within the company, there is always a problem with what is the correct way to do things. Technicians don't follow paper work process correctly causing issues for admins to complete invoicing which delays shipping the unit and hurts management numbers.

I don't believe this company has built a strong foundation for its employees to measure their attitudes and work ethics. Thus, creating no stability, a lot of rework and frustration in the end.

Altaquip is a decent place to work.

Former Employee - Riding Mower Tech  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Riding Mower Tech in Chicago, IL

I worked at Altaquip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Altaquip offers a friendly work environment, with a fast pace, and you get to put you hands on alot of units.

Cons

When you get to the slow season everyone changes and no body wants to give you advice on problem units. Also the rate at which they require you to diagnose and repair units makes for a hectic and stressful work environment. At the height of the busy season you are required to work 10-12hours in a poorly ventilated warehouse with running gas combustion engines. At the chicago locations the air compressor lines where poorly laid out causing constant condensation in the lines and the water traps that were placed on the 25 foot ceilings were not access able to empty except when a skyjack was rented.

design shop layouts better and make sure that you have a better ventilation system than just opening the bay doors.

Senior Management could have done much more in supporting branch operations.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Altaquip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to improve operations, leadership and logistical skill set--mainly out of necessity. Team members were hard working and willing to do what ever it took to make the branch successful.

Cons

Extremely long hours and unreasonable expectations. There was no consideration for work-life balance.

Support your branch leadership and staff, improve salaries and bonuses in order to retain the best team members.

Service technician

Former Employee - Service Technician  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Altaquip full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only good thing I experienced while working here was thank God it wasn't peak season!

Cons

I've never in my life worked for a company that cared so little for their employees!!!! When you get hurt they act like they could care less! They expect you to work like a dog but they don't supply enough tools. Half the time you can't even complete a job because you're having to share tools. They have 2 computers for all the techs but 1 of them is usually down. Management thinks it's a joke when you ask for more tools or other things you need to perform your job.

Corporate should really look into their branch managers/service managers. All they do is sit around and gossip. They could care less about any of the employees.

Fixing appliances and small engines.

Current Employee - Service Tech  in  Shorewood, IL
    Current Employee - Service Tech in Shorewood, IL

I have been working at Altaquip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere and co workers

Cons

Pay and structure of the company

insatiably pushy to the brink of breaking

Former Employee - Service Tech  in  Jessup, MD
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Jessup, MD

I worked at Altaquip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady work and adequate pay

Cons

Being disposable like a piece of garbage

Warren Buffet is already rich, act as if you care about your employees

Great people, sometimes poor managing

I have been working at Altaquip full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are great people to work with. Get lots of good experience. Average-good pay rate.

Cons

Poor management on the side of corporate. Lots of people who do very little for a lot of money. Too little communication.

Try and have more involvement with every service center. Promote and encourage people who do real work for you, and keep an eye on those who do very little.

Worked for Altaquip? Contribute to the Community!