Altegra Health

Typical call center atmosphere

Former Employee - Eligibility Specialist
    Former Employee - Eligibility Specialist

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company treats employees, good,and easy to move around in company

Cons

Location in Miami Lakes, changes in work load and type

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Altegra Health

Pros

ABSOLUTELY NONE! If I had to put one, it would be leaving at days end....

Cons

I would be writing for years if I actually wrote everything....I'll just deal with a few. Morale is the lowest I’ve ever seen in a company. The training is ridiculous, and no direction from the so called top management. This company is terrible!! The actual workers of the organization get paid meager wages while top management makes all the money, and does absolutely NOTHING!

Come down from Mt. Olympus! Learn some people and leadership skills!! Go to some seminars to get new ideas and training, because 91% of you are clueless!!! And most of all, stop buying for smaller companies when you can’t manage the company as it is.

Nonsense is the Motto!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Altegra Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work is Monday thru Friday only and set hours. pay is more than minimum wage. overtime pay was nice while it lasted.

Cons

What I don't like is how they say "There's room for growth" but really there isn't. It all depends on who know, who you have a relationship with or something else that is not professional. The work that we do is not hard and used to be really smooth, no they expect so much out of you to meet goals. On top of that we don't have the proper training on some of these benefits. I would not recommend anyone to work here because they don't pay you enough to deal with the random ups and downs of this company.

offer more incentives to motivate people to stay with the company, properly train EVERYONE including MANAGEMENT, don't allow couples to be on the same team, properly pay people for the work they do.

Disorganized

Current Employee - Advocate
    Current Employee - Advocate

I have been working at Altegra Health

Pros

great management for the most part

Cons

lack of organization. extremely low pay.

Get organized and knowledgeable on your products

Watch out for this Train Wreck!

Former Employee - Developer II in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Developer II in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing special about their PTO or holidays. They obviously aren't catering to a good work/life balance for their employees. Don't expect any kind of bonus because they acquire new companies with any profit they make from 7+ other disasters they acquired.

Cons

Management is clueless. Acquired companies run on an island with no support from their parent company. These companies are left to wither away with draconian demands from Altegra. Employees from acquired companies are treated as outsiders and are not part of the "Good 'Ol Boy" club of the Executive management.

Stop creating VP and SVP roles for departments that have no purpose. Stop acquiring companies because you can't write software to serve your clients. Consolidate and embrace the companies you have acquired.

Great Company

Current Employee - Medical Records Technologist in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Records Technologist in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Altegra Health as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, they also pay milage

Cons

Not consistant work, sometimes communication is poor

Definitely not the best place to work

Former Employee - Felt Like An Unawanted Step Child in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Felt Like An Unawanted Step Child in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bagels every other Friday, cool peers.

Cons

Definitely not the best place to work, like they claim.

Great Place for Growth!

Current Employee - MSP Intake Specialist in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - MSP Intake Specialist in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Altegra Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-After 6 months of no screw ups you could move up to a better position assuming people like you and you buttered up to the ladder. There are very few hiring persons so they are easily biased in who they chose to move up. This is the single best Pro, the ability to move up to so many different positions in the company, But you have to stand out, you have to be liked, your numbers have to be good or great. Any of these lacking or a write up you may never move up.

- Two 15min breaks and an hour of lunch time. With 15mins of time to spare to be off the phones.

-Bonus for most positions, but bonus is low and least for the lower job titles. It is also based on factors that agents have no control over.

"Best place to work" = Free Cake every month once a month for birthdays. Some low costing/free events throughout the year: Sea world, football game tickets, picnics, Christmas party. Customer service week(dress up for a whole week for us). Could wear jeans on Fridays and on select days throughout the year.

Cons

-Current Agents are ignored for promotions while outside help is hired into higher positions before consideration falls on current employees. If an agent isn't actively seeking to move up and doesn't inform everyone they should and keep an eye on the online site for open spots it will be missed.

-My Advocate is the company health plans send their members to when they want to get rid of them or can't help them or both. We get many inbound transfers from health plans to help members we cant do anything for, just so the health plan won't have to deal with them anymore. Many times they are cold transferred to us without any briefing.

-Random Drug testing 4 times a years, and drug testing for every new hire.
    -Inbound and outbound coming in and out non-stop for hours.
    -Many inbound calls need to be transferred to other agents that are working the cases.
    -Numbers must be met or you get a write up.

- A Write up comes to easily and with many draw backs. If written up you can't get promoted for 6 WHOLE months which is devastating for a person in a lowly 10 dollars an hour position taking NON-STOP calls - most of which are verbally abusive old people getting the steam off on you or untrusting power of attorney types. Or the worst yet, the sick sweet old person you can't do anything for, that can't pay for life saving medicine because it cost way to much.

-Many new ideas and rules are being introduced due to new management and it's not going over well.

You must understand you are dealing with humans speaking to other humans trying to get them to work with us, if the agent is upset the member will know. Management tries to please the members as much as they can while forgetting the one winning the fights for them are the agents they tend to forget about. Things like slowing down the dealer, allowing for less strictness on things that can't be helped, and a respect for persons will result in improvement across the board.

All companies have dysfunction, but this company takes the cake!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paycheck every two weeks - not much else.

Cons

Upper Management is a joke to say the least. Different departments do not life each other, therefore there is no comradery within the company. VPs are allowed to do whatever they please, they do not have to use the same programs or procedures. They get away with acting out and portraying 5 year olds in the office. HR says they will contact you and when they finally do it's weeks later and follow up after that, well good luck. I cannot see this company being one of "The Best Places to Work" ever. It's bad.

Do some house cleaning. Evaluate who you have in these positions. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen though because these people have been there a long time and have no interest in doing what's right for the company or the employees.

Unprofessional and bullying office environment.

Current Employee - Office Management
    Current Employee - Office Management

I have been working at Altegra Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The actual work you do makes a difference to the people we are trying to help. Benefits are good.

Cons

Everything else. Especially upper management who are all friends and very unprofessional when it comes to anyone outside of that circle.

Grow up. Are you running a business or growing your little good 'ol boys' club?