Altegra Health Reviews

1. GREAT PLACE if you know the right people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- as an advocate you get the opportunity to make a difference. Dealing with the Membersn gives for some emotional touching interactions

- opportunity for growth (If you play by the rules)

- the people/ Altegra health employees are some truly dedicated and remarkable professionals

Cons

- don't expect growth unless you're rubbing elbows with the right people. Play nice or you will be over looked

- pay is no where near competitive and pay ranges have very little to do with experience or capability and more with "how much did the person who hired you like you, on a personal level"

- production employees are thought of as disposable. Little investment is made in their success. No ongoing training. Basically, here's what you have to do, now go do it. Crash and burn? Who cares, you're replacable

- management has ZERO leadership skills. Individuals are promoted for "playing nice" and get no training on how to be quality leaders.

- Not even close to advocating fair pay for women

Enough with the VP titles! I understand how great it must look on a business card but all it does is further disconnect you from the people you have in the front lines. Go out there, and see for yourself the work that is done, how demanding it is, and what little direction and support is given.

Please invest in training. Most times you're not even allowed to ask questions. How are you supposed to learn like this? And train supervisors on how to supervise.

2. The worst place to work

Current Contractor - Hedis Abstractor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Contractor - Hedis Abstractor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Altegra Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this position.

Cons

This place is a complete waste of time. They are unorganized, they have no clue as to what anyone is doing and no one ever has answers to your questions. It takes forever to get answer to a question and when you usually do the person is stating their don't know or they are not the decision maker. You are hired on to abstract charts till your heart is content but only get at the max 10-15 charts a week being paid at $4.28 a week, a joke!

Get a clue!!

Horrible and Disorganized

Former Contractor - Medical Records Field Reviewer
    Former Contractor - Medical Records Field Reviewer

I worked at Altegra Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There are Absolutely NONE Whatsoever!!!

Cons

EVERYTHING
    Poor Communication
    Advocates quitting left and right, so you have no idea who to contact at the office. This is important when working remotely/in the field.
    Poor technology, scheduling you for random places that you cant realistically get to.
    TRUST THE REVIEWS HERE AND STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a matter of time before you fold up. Buying Outcomes was also a very poor bad investment and will be the official ruin of Altegra.

5. Stay FAR away if you value your sanity and have dignity. Unless, you are already broken and hollow.

Former Employee - Case Manager in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work you do actually makes a difference....but truthfully it does not mean a drop of drool. Just a fancy name to put on your resume for the next employer.

Cons

Management is poor, morale is low, values are non existent, no one communicates, everyone is always worried about their own problems and take it out on the members or the lower staff, it is a high school clique environment, training is terrible, you are a hamster spinning the wheel for these millionaires whom do not know anything about leadership. Training is pathetic, you're better off studying on your own. If you have any questions, Google is your best friend, management can not help you. You have to kiss up to anyone whom is management or knows someone from management fast and well or you are outted (the clique). Intelligence does not do you well here. Wages is a taboo topic, there is no parking, a lot of under-qualified 'stylish' employees. Geeee, wonder why they got hired..I'm sure it had nothing to do with how they look like in 10 inch heels.

Come on Altegra Health, I know you value your stock holders and your glorious bank accounts, but you must restructure, from top to bottom, take leadership classes, for yourself and those who apply as management, you can afford it. Your values of Altegra Health was clearly murdered and dumped in the Everglades. Look at other high producing companies that does not have the most classic cases of text book narcissists' as management for the lower employees as motivation. Hire a trainer that actually is willing to train these new hires, for goodness sake. Until then, keep enjoying being known as a really dysfunctional cash machine with nothing else in mind but the greed for government money and one of the most depressing, awful places to work in America.

Even the weakest worker bee makes a big difference to it's hive.

6. RIDICULOUS!

Current Employee - Abstractor in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Abstractor in Remote, OR

I have been working at Altegra Health

Pros

work from home that's about it

Cons

Absolutely no organization. Problems from day 1. Nothing seems to go as planned or work correctly. I have to email around 4 people each time I have a question and HOPE someone answers me. The pay must be top secret info because I cannot get anyone to answer me about when to expect pay. This place is a joke and I will NOT be coming back next season.

Start from the top and work your way down, get people in there who know what's going on and can answer questions for these poor people who work remotely. I have never seen such poor management.

7. Weak leadership and inability to make decisions prevail

Current Employee - Director Client Management in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Director Client Management in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Altegra Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Flexible schedule/work from home/remote.

Cons

Poor communication, lack of integrity demonstrated by leaders who give inconsistent messages/directives; lack of long-range planning and strategizing.

Invest in talented and strong operational leaders

8. Disorganized

Current Employee - Advocate
    Current Employee - Advocate

I have been working at Altegra Health

Pros

great management for the most part

Cons

lack of organization. extremely low pay.

Get organized and knowledgeable on your products

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Altegra Health

Pros

ABSOLUTELY NONE! If I had to put one, it would be leaving at days end....

Cons

I would be writing for years if I actually wrote everything....I'll just deal with a few. Morale is the lowest I’ve ever seen in a company. The training is ridiculous, and no direction from the so called top management. This company is terrible!! The actual workers of the organization get paid meager wages while top management makes all the money, and does absolutely NOTHING!

Come down from Mt. Olympus! Learn some people and leadership skills!! Go to some seminars to get new ideas and training, because 91% of you are clueless!!! And most of all, stop buying for smaller companies when you can’t manage the company as it is.

Nonsense is the Motto!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Altegra Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work is Monday thru Friday only and set hours. pay is more than minimum wage. overtime pay was nice while it lasted.

Cons

What I don't like is how they say "There's room for growth" but really there isn't. It all depends on who know, who you have a relationship with or something else that is not professional. The work that we do is not hard and used to be really smooth, no they expect so much out of you to meet goals. On top of that we don't have the proper training on some of these benefits. I would not recommend anyone to work here because they don't pay you enough to deal with the random ups and downs of this company.

offer more incentives to motivate people to stay with the company, properly train EVERYONE including MANAGEMENT, don't allow couples to be on the same team, properly pay people for the work they do.

11. Typical call center atmosphere

Former Employee - Eligibility Specialist
    Former Employee - Eligibility Specialist

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company treats employees, good,and easy to move around in company

Cons

Location in Miami Lakes, changes in work load and type