Altegrity

Be The First To
Add Photos

Altegrity CEO Sharon T. Rowlands

Sharon T. Rowlands

Holding company with great brands and with a great future but only if they build on hard work already done

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsRecent management cleaned up a myriad of problems including the mess at USIS, installed new leadership righted the ship and pointed it in the right direction. Great opportunity to build on that now...

ConsNow that holding company has gone each individual company depends on its individual management which is varied. No one believes that the Private Equity guys have a clue what they are doing...the Altegrity management team that left were really highly regarded and put out the fires they need equally good people taking it forward..

Like riding aboard the Titanic

Business Development (Current Employee)

ProsSome nice people to share in the misery and frustration.

ConsPrevailing leadership views employees as cogs that are easily interchangeable. High-level managers and c-suite members are brought on because of their friendships with current management even though they have no relevant industry knowledge or experience. Despite this, some come up with good ideas, but no one commits to implementing them and they wouldn't have a clue how to do so if they could.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire based on competence, experience & industry knowledge, and integrity like you used to in the past. Recognize and nurture talent. Commit to new idea and strategies and follow through on them -- it takes longer than one or two quarters to see results.

Keep looking ahead, stay alert and pick up as many projects as you can

New York, NY

ProsThe people were actually really great given the boredom and pace of some of the work. The lines of responsibility blurred often, giving you the chance to take on more projects and gain experience, some more enticing than others. For someone young, trying to understand corporate structure, business and what it really means to be in the trenches, this is a great company to work for...if they're even hiring now.

ConsThe Private Equity firm, Providence Equity Partners, that owned us couldn't make up their mind and forced our leadership, all more than competent business people, to flip flop back and forth on the direction of the portfolio. All of the low and mid level employees understood this and if the leadership had been allowed to lead, then the company could have reached its potential. Health plan's were okay and 401K matching (while there was one) was actually pretty good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe structure of the company became very unclear, and though it seems that altegrity is fading away, it would probably help people to better understand who is in charge and how this relates to the portfolio as a whole. Within the companies, please let the business leaders lead, not the practitioners, their time has passed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible place to work

ProsGood PTO
    Good 401k match (if they haven't put it on "hold" again)
    Met a few great people

ConsAltegrity is owned by Private Equity and all they care about is the bottom line. You are just a body that can (and will) be replaced. People WILL be laid off if it means the executives can make some extra money because of it. Bonus program could be good if they actually paid out the bonuses. Cash is spent faster then it comes in with no thought of how this will affect the long term goals. Turnover in executive positions is constant (and each executive is paid handsomely to leave) then new executives are paid handsomely to join. Anyone who is not an executive or in the "good boys club" is treated horribly. The executives have the lowest morals in the human race. Large amounts of money are paid to consultants but never to actual employees. Raises are minimal. Lowest employee morale at any company I have worked at. Everyone is in constant fear of losing their job. Run!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop paying so much money to yourselves, stop benefiting from firing your workforce to just rehire again. Treat people kindly!

Sinking ship

Senior Investigator (Former Employee)

ProsDon't have to start at 8 am if you are an investigator.

ConsSome team leaders micro manage, this is not good in this kind of employment due to depending on "sources" in order to make your schedule. If I give a two week notice, they will not except it. and immediately terminate you. I worked at this company for 9 years, always top performer, decided to leave due to excessive work loads, poor team leader and the new way to request vacation (must be requested during a one month period for 3 months away ie. if you want of Jan-March, request it Oct 1-15).

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more communication with "low on the totem pole" employees. Better medical package. To many levels in Management.

Save yourself, don't work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people that can share in your misery.

ConsSigning on to this company is the equivalent to selling your soul to the devil. I was expected to work 70+ hours/week regularly. Work/life balance is out of the question.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop paying third party consultants and hire yourselves an adequate staff.

Sinking ship...

ProsI worked with some extremely dedicated, hard-working, and professional people. The job was rewarding and challenging. Paid time off was generous. Then Altegrity came along...

ConsToo many cuts to employee benefits, no merit increases or bonuses in years, not enough staff to complete jobs properly, too many staff leaving and not enough rehired. The bottom line is all they care about.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people like people, not $.

Good place to work

ProsLimited supervision, nice people and work/life balance

ConsBonuses not paid for 2 years, minimal merit increasese

Ownership slowly strangling the company.

New York, NY

ProsGreat collection of operating companies, many with leading market positions and great employees.

ConsProvidence Equity is sucking the life out of the company. Canceling 401k matches, deferring merit, freezing hiring, etc. Not really a great way to grow value. Corporate and board leadership are exceptionally weak, especially the team hired in the last year. The primary board member is an idiot savant. He's really an idiot but thinks he's a savant.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign while there's still hope.

Very, very sad what's happened to this company!

Senior Investigator (Current Employee)

Proscurrently there are no positives......this coming from a senior investigator with 12 years with this company. If the current CEO Sharon Rowlands is not fired soon, there will be not be enough experienced investigators left to keep the company afloat.

ConsThey took away our 401k, arbitrarily took away our earned PTO time, (which we are bringing suit over) ......everything that was good is now gone.

Advice to Senior Managementimpossible for 10,000 people to make it on the back of 3,000 people....3/4ths of management is dead weight and needs to go.

Worked for Altegrity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altegrity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Altegrity CEO Sharon T. Rowlands. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Altegrity employees.