Alteryx

Updated May 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dean Stoecker

Great Company, Lots of Opportunity!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsAlteryx is a a very fast growing market and is growing company so there is a lot of room for career growth. There is great leadership over the past couple years that has really driven, company awareness, sales execution and product vision. Great team of people to work with!

ConsThe advanced analytics space is growing quickly, so the company moves at a fast pace. Which is not necessarily a con, it keeps you on your toes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to continue to keep the employees and customers first, great, happy employees and customers, build great companies.

Struggle, strife and confusion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAlteryx is in a hot, fast growing market and has a solidly built product. They have a loyal customer base that really promotes the product.

ConsConfusion between who they are and who they want to be. Started as a consulting company with slow growth/pace, was always meant to be a “lifestyle” company. New management was brought on the help grow and sell the company. This has created a lot of strife and confusion between the old guard and new guard. Old guard is an anchor keeping the company from progressing. Too many other great companies in this hot space to bother with the hassle that comes with being an Alteryx employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is trying to figure out who it wants to be, meanwhile it is churning through employees. CEO/founder is egotistical, has a fear of change and is more comfortable hoping for new results from old behaviors.

Great fun AND getting the job done!

ProsThis is my favorite job ever. Alteryx is a great company with a great future. The team is full of smart, fun people that I love hanging out with - both when we are on the road and when we are back in the office. The management chain is super-transparent - I always know where we are headed, and I always know what is expected of me, which is great - I hate when you have to guess what you are expected to do.

ConsNone, really. We work hard. We are constantly reminded though to keep in mind why we are doing this, and to spend time with family, etc. Great work/life balance here, but don't come here to coast!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. You are accessible, fun, and full of passion, and it is a great learning experience working with you. I appreciate that you trust your employees and share information about what we are doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consulting company trying to be a software company

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsSoftware developers in Boulder are solid.
    Corp HQ Location

ConsThis company is trying to figure out what it does best and meanwhile is churning through many employees. CEO/founder is egotistical; new leadership is confused and was brought in to try and sell the company; former sales management booted for a new clueless management that doesn't understand the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo an assessment of what you are good at and stick with your strengths. You are in a market that is tough to compete in.
    You are not a good software company but you have some reasonable software that is valuable to technology partners.

Fast moving company, tons of opportunity and momentum

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsSolving major big data problems, customers love our software, lot's of analyst visibility on Alteryx right now, great technology partners

ConsNeed resources as we scale...keep hiring!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore people at the VP level now, keep the lines of communications open

A leader in data blending and advanced analytics.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAlteryx has a culture of embracing their talent. Management consistently encourages and enables employees to collaborate to assure customer success.

ConsThe market is moving fast...not that this is a CON, Alteryx is keeping pace and recognized as a leader by analysts and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Big Data and Advanced Analytics market is moving fast. More sales people to help capture the market.

Moving quickly, strong vision, high growth company!

Senior Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBig ambitions, strong growth, great product and customer base. Very strong management team.

ConsGrowing quickly. It's hard work, but rewarding!

Growing company with a great future.

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits (insurance, 401K, matching). Most of the leadership is very solid and focused. Places to move up if you fill the need. The company is growing quickly with a lot of opportunity and new positions.

ConsRe-organization is common. High turnover in sales. Not a well known company yet.

Great company

ProsInnovative product, great people, growing industry, fast pace, good leadership, lots of possibilities, good benefits, stock options

ConsShift in the company. Not necessarily a con.

Once was a great company to work for but no more

ProsThe company is growing and constantly changing. Often if you are in a bad situation it will change if you ride it out.

ConsThe company is being grown in order to be sold. A large number of VPs have been hired and the company is top-heavy. The CEO used to be in touch with what was going on but has become aloof. Employee morale has dropped like a rock in most departments and the best people are jumping ship.

Worked for Alteryx? Contribute to the Community!