Alteryx Reviews

Reset
4.1
Dean Stoecker

1. Featured Review

Innovative company with an awesome team!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am really glad I decided to join Alteryx. So far, my experience has been great. The interview process was quick and very efficient and the onboarding was more thorough than what I've seen at any other company. The people that I've met are very welcoming and genuinely interested in getting to know you. The product is awesome and very innovative, which you get to see for yourself during boot camp. During boot camp, the CEO actually came in, talked to everyone, shook our hands and sat in for the presentations. For me, that goes a long way. Alteryx prides itself on the customer experience and I think this applies to their employees too. Everyone is working towards a common goal and Alteryx does a good job of making sure the employees feel appreciated. They offer some pretty cool perks and their benefits are phenomenal. Lastly, the culture is really positive and the people are humble. Everyone is always looking for suggestions and ways to improve. I like that we're still evolving and the company listens to their employees and allows them to contribute ideas to make Alteryx the best it can be.

Cons

Within the time I've been at Alteryx, I haven't determined any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...keeping the employees, potential employees and customers first.

Big Data software provider a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alteryx is on the cutting edge of the Big Data revolution. The company is pre-IPO / purchase, so there's real opportunity for those who get in in now. The development organization is a full Scrum shop and it quite committed to being an agile workplace. We just moved into a brand new spiffy office space in Broomfield which includes a complimentary gym on premises and company provided bikes for taking to lunch, etc.

Cons

Because our product is B@B, enterprise-level software, we're limited in how often we can release. That means we're often working on 8 - 10 month release cycles which can be challenging to keep agile.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

Progressive atmosphere where success personally and professionally is encouraged and supported

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Goals and objectives are clear. If you like a fast pace and you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work, this company will bring out the best in you.

Cons

Sometimes that pace and expectations can be excessive. You must be fully committed to survive.

Advice to Management

Incredible job taking us to new heights but do wish more time was invested on gathering feedback from employees. Time is short for everyone but that does not mean feedback on important decisions only comes from above.

Great People, Product and Culture

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

Alteryx not only has a great product that just about everyone can use in their daily lives, but also a dynamic group of people working for the company. They train everyone on the product and actually listen and take action on employee feedback. It's the first company where I don't dread opening my email every morning and enjoy seeing the team at the office.

Cons

Can't think of any...I do overindulge on the free snacks and beverages, so I may have gained a few extra lbs.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the employees and care about the customers.

6. HR

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx

Pros

Alteryx is a growing organization with tons of momentum in the data blending and advanced analytic space. The employees are thoughtful, creative, dedicated. Integrity and ingenuity is part of everything we all do, no matter what department we work for. Upper management and executive leadership share a common vision of success and growth for the company and they take time to recognize the contributions of our various groups/teams. The environment is a great mix of fun and focus and the work hours are flexible. Business casual everyday at some really great locations. I would recommend this company to anyone!

Cons

No company is perfect, but this is honestly the best org. I've worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great recognition and acknowledgement of all departments within the organization. Makes for great inter-departmental relations!

7. Its alright. There are better companies

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

If you want to have a cozy lifestyle without much career growth and be a part of "so called" start up, you will love it here.

Cons

Too much politics between old founders and the new executive hires. They are an old company but they like to be projected as a 'Hot Startup'. Work culture varies between 'ok- i can work here " to "it totally sucks' depending on where in the ladder you are and which team. There is nothing terrific that one can rave about.

Advice to Management

Management should figure out if this a Product company or a Revenue company and not pretend to be both.

8. Marketing

Current Employee - California in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and extremely dedicated team. A company that is poised for either a generous IPO or buy out. Future appears bright. Technology unmatched at the moment.

Cons

While Marketing team is talented, the leadership sorely lacks in team and individual management skills; employee reviews were either missed and conducted late, employee growth and satisfaction (in the marketing office at least) is of marginal interest to mgmt. The Alteryx Marketing office takes itself a bit too seriously and leadership is rather humorless. A quiet and intense place to work.

Advice to Management

Marketing should reflect the vibrant and fun community that Alteryx has. I would do more to gauge the employee satisfaction experience as well as providing more communication around performance and ways to improve.

Awesome Company

I have been working at Alteryx

Pros

I really cant say enough about this company. I've had the good fortune to work here for just over a year now and have seen the growth and opportunity first hand. The company advocates for their employees and this really shows through all they offer. The founders are brilliant and innovative leaders that push their employees to excel. It's a fun environment. We do events pretty regularly. The benefits are very generous. Casual work environment. Great team here with a family feel. I truly feel lucky everyday that I work here.

Cons

None off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Dean, Libby, and the rest of the management team, thank you for all that you do. Your generosity and mentorship make this an amazing place to work.

Great company to work for with a lot of promise

Current Employee - Current Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working for/at Alteryx for over 2 years now. I work with fantastic teams, smart people and a great office environment. I've been very lucky to have had strong management and mentor ship during my time here. I really enjoy my job.

Cons

I wish there was more transparency at the Exec level.

Fast Paced, Growing Company with Lots of Career Upside

Current Employee - Senior Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alteryx is one of the few places where all aspects of a business are focused on the same thing - rapid growth of the number of happy customers. This has included how marketing invest, how the sales team is set up and how the product is developed. This provides a lot of clarity and focus for everyone. The company is growing really fast so there are lot of opportunities for people who are good at what they do.

Cons

As the company grows there is still a lot of change. This is inevitable when he company is expanding but also but can at times be painful for individual employees but if you are part of this type of company you have to expect that. There are some people for whom the fast pace can be overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep focused on hiring quality people and on growing them. The new go to market model is working so the keep faith that the challenges that come with that will be resolved.

Alteryx Response

Nov 6, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the positive feedback. We appreciate it.

RSS Feed </> Embed