Alticor

Alticor President Doug DeVos

Doug DeVos

Alticor pays very well

Call Center Support Tech (Former Employee) Ada, MI

ProsExcellent pay, bonuses along with excellent benefits, vision discounts, dental plan, 401 contributions, must have a good review to receive your bonus.

ConsBig corporation that has its click. Makes a difference between hourly and salaried employees. Best to not make waves and to just do your job.

Profitable in spite of the decisions made.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ada, MI

ProsVery family focus; Pay is good for the market; benefits are good relative to other companies; some leadership is good; opportunities for globla business experience and travel

ConsVery resistant to change; not many opportunities for advancement; behind in supporting technology; slow to react to new information; too many "strategic" initiatives; very set in doing things how they've always been done

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to decide who it wants to be: are we a Consumer Goods company that sells an ever-expanding portfolio or products (only which some are profitable!)? Or are we a Direct Selling company with a compelling business opportunity. You need to communicate to the employees what is the focus of everything we do.

Business decisions should be made that are good for the entire organization. The continual proliferation of products being offered (with the retirement of none) only adds to the complexity. Re-evaluate the product portfolio as it relates to the business. Focus on the things we do very well. Get out of the places we don't.

Decent company to work for.

Intern (Former Employee) Buena Park, CA

ProsHelpful people (both at the management and non-management ranks), great working schedule (around 10 hours per day, with Fridays off for most employees), good pay (probably above average for a company in the consumer products industry), decent cafeteria, employee morale seems above average.

ConsThe stigma of being associated with the Amway brand, workspaces aren't the most modern at the Buena Park location (although I will concede that the technology is fairly up to date... and it also depends on which department you work in), upward mobility seems limited to only a few people, miscommunication seems to be common (although unsure of whether the fault is on the company's side), seeming hierarchy between departments (which, in turn, make it difficult to reach crucial decisions that are agreed upon).

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Senior Management often talks about change but are unwilling to risk anything for that change. Management seems to be very idealistic, but the conservative culture doesn't allow the company to tap into the more creative solutions that could actually help the company reach it's goals/initiatives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience but shouldn't start career here.

Intern (Former Employee) Buena Park, CA

ProsLots of responsibilities and allow you to work on meaningful projects.

ConsToo many pointless meetings that don't accomplish anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company to work for and great attitude within the company. International travelling is something to look forward to. Affiliates are very warm to work with.

ConsA bit laid back in accepting new technologies and thus might get bogged down personally if every attempt is not made to keep up yourself with the ongoing trend.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Very cultish, small town

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe products are really wonderful.

ConsThe almost cultish attitude of the company itself and its leaders. Very "small town" mentality, even in regards to HR and the way employees were treated.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook very closely at those in your lower management positions.

Worked for Alticor? Contribute to the Community!