Altima Technologies Reviews

Updated March 5, 2015
14 reviews filtered by
1.5
Sara Clark

1. An IT software company that is “recession-proof” and treats its employees like family.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Altima Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the few companies that is capable of providing the type of software needed in the IT industry and always on the leading edge of development.

Management encourages you to learn more about the technologies we use and to contribute your ideas during the design phase of developing new software, regardless of which part of the team you are on.

The number of Vacation Days, Sick Days, Optional Holidays, and Paid holidays we get usually covers life’s minor hick-ups. For those of us that work hard, Management will work with you if something major comes along.

We celebrate birthdays and go out at random times for Company Lunches and Dinners.

We always have some sort of cool Holiday Party in December.

We have a free membership to a Gym and free covered parking.

When someone does something especially awesome, they will usually get a bonus check.

We have one of the best Medical & Dental plans out there.

Cons

Sometimes there is weekend work when a new product is being released. However this is not really a con as anytime you are asked to come in on the weekend, you get an additional Vacation Day in its place.

Keep up the good work!

2. Account Executive

I worked at Altima Technologies

Pros

That all the good hard working people found better opportunities, and that they no longer have to put up being treated unfairly the way ownership treats most of their employees.

Cons

I do not feel the need to be negative just pay attention to previous reviews...

Learn how to respect your employees

Worst Company I have had the displeasure of working for

Former Employee - Assistant Program Engineer in Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Program Engineer in Lisle, IL

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Getting the job, if that really a pro as you will determine after your first day.

Cons

The CEO and the President are the two biggest detriments to the company. The CEO impossible to please. As a programmer I was given assignments that I would complete and upon submission he would list features that were absent from the assignment that he never asked for in the first place. When these features are added, there was another list of things missing that were never assigned or specified in the beginning.

They treat you like family only if you truly are family. A third or more of the staff at this company is a relative of the CEO in some form. One day you are in good standing with management, the next your being told your on the chopping block. The CEO is not convinced you are an effective team member unless he feels you are suffering on some level in your daily tasks.

The communication is horrible, with a complete lack of professionalism and respect for employees that are either not family members, or out of favor with the CEO.

I have no advice for management as they most likely would not take it anyway

Sinking ship

Former Employee - Sales in Lisle, IL

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can get sales job very easily even without qualifications

Cons

Only join this company when you don't have any other option but leave once you get better oppertunity..

Please don't treat your employees like orphan respect them
    Advice to clients: don't do business with them, there work ethics are zero.

If I could give 0 stars I would; there is nothing good about working here.

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bagels on Tuesdays. Occasional company dinner with the "inner circle" of people. One week you're in and the next you're out. You cannot decline without worrying about your job security. The general manager himself told me this. Only if you like to gamble will Altima offer you any pros. If you enjoy going to work everyday and worrying if you will have a job by the end of the day, then choose Altima! Otherwise, save yourself. Do you love revolving doors? They lost almost 40 employees in 2013 either by firing them or that person leaving because the conditions are so poor. If you're looking for short term, Altima is great at offering that! Most people are hired and fired within 2 weeks.

Cons

Make no mistake, I am not just a disgruntled employee. I did not get fired. I left after I found a new, better position. Honestly, I have never in my life worked for such a terrible company. They offer decent time off but then make you feel bad when you take it or expect you to work from home. There is no work-life balance. They want you to stay late every day, work through lunch, and work weekends. Management has no idea how to run a company or how to retain staff because they make employees so unhappy by constantly degrading them with insults and treating them like children. The level of micromanagement is terrible, but what makes it even worse is that the CEO and president do not know how to manage. Projects take way longer than they should because there is no direction and then you will be blamed for the pitfalls. The training is terrible, and then they get upset with you because you do not know the product. Management is completely delusional about the type of environment they have created, priding themselves on the family environment. Everyone is too afraid to talk to each other and staff that have been there for a few years act so superior they cannot even say hi to you. In fact, they avert their eyes when they walk past you. When you try asking them a question or for help they make you feel very uncomfortable for bothering them. The CEO has a lot of family who work there who are clearly given preferential treatment. This place is a sinking ship. It is not a career. I don't care if you have no other option, do not accept this job. They don't even review your resume to see if you are qualified prior to your interview. They interview EVERYONE that applies. When you arrive, if you are not qualified they tell you, which will make you wonder why you were even brought in. If you are hired, your chances of making it through the first week are extremely slim. The CEO manages every project but can never remember his instructions and then makes you to be the fool. He "encourages" you to express your opinions but then tells you not to talk when you do. He talks badly about you in front of your peers or will talk badly about your peers to you. Very unprofessional. The president acts like a child and gets defensive if you are more knowledgeable about a topic than her. The only reason they are still afloat is because there are a few employees who have no lives, kiss management's butts, and have some sort of Stockholm Syndrome going on. I could go on and on.

I have no advice for those who have treated me with such disrespect.

"Save yourself, do not work here. The worst place I've ever worked at"

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time

Pros

Some genuinely talented hard working people worked here.( The key word to pay attention here is "worked") Software products that are overpriced and difficult to cell because honestly there is no real need for the software there are far better products out there.

Cons

A very weak leadership team and very high turnover.If you are not 'liked' by owner you won't move up or worse you can get fired easily,people are fired on a whim. Culture has always prioritized family first - with people second. This continues to be a guiding principle, but management sometimes forgets how valuable the people are in this equation.Management constantly changes their mind about how to manage and distribute the sales channels. If you are in a non-mgmt position, raises are non-existent there is also no room for promotion.The company is dysfunctional,one day they are happy and next day, you might be walked out of the office without any reason.Company does not do performance reviews. Terrible communication lines in general with the whole company. I guess owner/management likes it that way.The company pays out a quarterly growth bonus, but the company is not growing.
    If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and be successful...good luck! You are better off looking somewhere else.Most of Sr. Mgt doesn't have a clue how to sell.I escaped the sinking ship prior to the closing date, and now work for a wonderful company paying me 2 1/2x's more!

I don't want to share advice with a company that does not treat their employees well.

Management with Extreme Control Issues

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing is worth the insults and stress you will experience there

Cons

Micromanagement, trust issues, condescending attitude from the management, unfriendly environment

Fire yourself or learn to treat employees like humans

Look elsewhere!

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Bagels on Tuesdays. Not much of a pro. There are some nice and interesting people that work there. However, it is difficult to get to know them as management has cultivated such a hostile, uncomfortable work environment that most people are afraid to talk to one another.

Cons

The worst aspect of this company is most certainly management. They have no organizational skills or people skills. They treat their employees like children and do not trust them to do their jobs. The "general manager" does not really manage anything, he is just a glorified sales rep. and is very condescending. The CEO micromanages everything everyone in the company does so it is nearly impossible to get any sort of productive work done.

The employee retention rate is about the same as a McDonalds. In 3 months they fired a third of their work force. Most employees live under constant fear of being fired. I would say a majority of them are actively seeking other employment opportunities and I really hope they find something.

If you are reading this and are interested in starting a career with this company, I would recommend looking anywhere else. Short of being unemployed, you will be a lot happier at any other job. If you are reading this and already work there, then I am sorry, I know what you are going through.

For the love of all that is holy, Please hire someone who knows what they are doing!

AWFUL!!! I feel sorry for the people that still work there. Feels like an outsourced sweatshop.

Former Employee - Sales in Lisle, IL

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's better than being unemployed - barely. Very easy to get hired - they hire just about anyone - so with no expereince, you can get some IT expereince.

Cons

Micromanagemnt at it's worst - People are hired and fired (or quit) almost daily. Very unfreinedly, dry work environment. The worst manangement team I have ever seen in my life - no support, no training, no guidnace and I strongly disapprove of them. Then they ask why you are not doing your job right. Management will lie about anything to cover their butts .

Too many owner's family members work there and are the resulting politics are insane.

And yes, they do count how many times you go to the restroom. If you have a bladder control problem, bring a doctor's note. Otherwise, YOU'RE FIRED!

Do every single hardworking employee justice by firing yourselves! You have a good product and good working people, but you (the top managemnt) are very ineffective. You can't grow a company when 75% of your people are gone within a year. And the only way to change that is to change the top people .

Best company ever!!

I worked at Altima Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You are treated with respect and are trusted to do your job. Your day starts early and ends on time just ask the 40 people who have worked for the company in the 6 months. Revolving door awaits you!!

One of the things that I enjoyed more than anything was that management never even speaks to you. They don't even bother to acknowledge your presence unless you are one of their family members.

There are nice people who work there but how would they know when the daughter runs marketing department, the nephew does something, the wife and sister do something else else and the best general manager ever does nothing!!

Cons

There aren't any!! Taking care of Altima is first, last and everything to them. Who would not want to work for a company this sweet?!

Keep doing the job you are doing!!! Employees love the free lunch and the meetings where you are degraded and made to feel like dirt.

Based on what I saw and heard everyone is happy there. Just look at their surveys.