Altimetrik Reviews

Updated March 18, 2015
76 reviews filtered by
Raj Vattikutti

Pros
  • Work Life Balance: Well it goes like a sin curve (in 4 reviews)

• Personal Growth : Leadership team has a great vision with a strong strategy to achieve it (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much to say on this, i didn't find anything as Cons to the Company (in 3 reviews)

• Not much to say on this i didn't find anything as such to say negatively to the company (in 4 reviews)

Great learning experience but not much else.

I have been working at Altimetrik full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere of coworkers in San Francisco.

Cons

Management seems to have its priorities somewhere else.

Dear Employee,
    I am grieved to note your concern and will be happy to discuss and help you. Please write to confidentiallyspeaking@altimetrik.com

2. Most likely the most unprofessional company I have EVER worked for

I have been working at Altimetrik

Pros

Bent over backwards to get me hired into an open hot account they were trying to fill which I was almost a perfect match for

Despite the strong India connection I got lucky and dealt only with people that had strong English skills, most of the other contract houses I have to do everything via email because I cant understand their representative nor can they understand me with my southern accent.

Cons

Altimetrik assigned all blame to me when my account ended. Or at least that's what I surmise, since nobody at Altimetrik would even extend the professional courtesy of speaking to me directly (or even an email) to let me know:
    A) what happened on said account (all I was told was that the client had changed their direction and didn't need contractors anymore, whatever that means),
     B) what, if anything I did wrong (I am perfectly capable and willing to accept any and all legitimate blame). ALL emails were not answered, and after getting into voicemail the first few times, my messages were not returned, and after three attempts they would not even answer my calls.
    C) Provide me with any performance feedback of any kind. Given the amount of time I was with the company I should of gotten some sort of performance review, I had none.
    D) Any type of confirmation that they would/were working with me going forward or not (I have to assume they don't want to work with me since they have completely ignored any of my attempts to reach out to them).

Additionally, during my tenure with the company the only time I heard from my account rep was when the Altimetrik timekeeping system messed up my timesheet (and he needed my hours so they could bill the client), which occurred pretty much every week or other week. The only way I could ever get an answer from my rep was through email and it normally took him a minimum of a week to respond, usually I could expect a two to three week delay in response. IF I did talk with him I always got the feeling that I was imposing on his time. I never got the impression that I mattered much to him or the company when dealing with him, he was always in a hurry to get somewhere or to take or return a call to somebody else.

Due to a series of buy-outs and mergers with other contract houses there were a number of different email extensions being used by Altimetrik which made it difficult at times contacting corporate staff. Example, my extension was @Altimetrik.com, as was my recruiters, someone in HR was #sonova.com, etc.

You are in a people business. If you can not treat your employees professionally maybe you should consider another type of business to get into.

3. Altimetrik does not care about it's contractors working at customer sites

Current Employee - IT Contractor
    Current Employee - IT Contractor

I have been working at Altimetrik full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They leave you alone. This can be a double edged sword, but since they never show any concern for their contractors it works out because you aren't often reminded how it sucks to be locked into one of their contracts.

Cons

When Altimetrik bought out my former contract house they made no effort to welcome me to the new company. The impression I get from them is that as long as I'm making them money they have no need to check in with me and ensure I'm happy working for them. They offer no PTO, which makes for a poor work/life balance. They are evasive or unresponsive when I query them regarding any issues I'm having.

Revamp your entire organization so that it puts value on your talent. Your employees go out every day to your customer's sites and represent you well, make you look good, and make you money. Give employees a feeling that you value their contribution to the company's success.

Unprofessional & disorganized

I have been working at Altimetrik

Pros

Altimetrik had exciting opportunities that they blew.

Cons

Extremely disorganized. Unbelievably unprofessional senior staff.

Take care of your employees and let them do what you've hired them to do.

Jul 18, 2014Chief People Officer

Worst company ever

I have been working at Altimetrik full-time

Pros

They hired some good talent that were great to work with.

Cons

They fired all the good talent.

Just close shop already.

Dear Writer,

We promote a very open culture. Please do reach out to me at confidentiallyspeaking@altimetrik.com to discuss and sort out the concerns

Thanks.

Disorganized

I worked at Altimetrik full-time

Pros

They hire smart people who know what they are doing and give them great job descriptions. The work is fun and engaging. Great location and good vibe. Pure "Agile" shop.

Cons

I'm not saying anything new here. No sales team. No HR department to speak of. Micro-management. No transparency. Management doesn't trust their people. False promises. Lousy benefits.

Spend some money and learn to trust the brilliant people you hired. Hire a sales team and stop intimidating them like you did with the last one. Allow people to spend money on the tools they need to do their jobs.

Dear Employee,

HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT, cheap mentality, and no idea how to run a business!!

I worked at Altimetrik full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smart, fun, driven employees in the SF office.

Cons

HORRIBLE management
    - No strategy (no sales process - they legitimately do not know how to sell the product and they are too cheap to implement a real strategy)
    - Cheap mentality - We keep losing clients because we are hiring junior developers in Uruguay, and we aren't paying them even what they should be worth in UY
    - Employees are taken for granted
    - No transparency - no open discussions between management and employees about what is going on with the business
    - Micro-management - 2 leaders who would focus on how you organized a spreadsheet.... why aren't they focused on making their company's financial goals?
    - Too flat of an organization for 2 guys to run - if you try to micromanage too much, you lose the bigger picture

Offices
    - NYC office is a joke - not sure why this office is open.... there aren't any legit people there??? Seems like it's sucking a lot of money

Benefits
    - Parent company, Synova, is horrible to deal with
    - Bad benefits
    - No traditional US holidays off (i.e. Black Friday, President's Day, MLK, etc.)

Stop being cheap, start being more transparent with your employees, and start putting real strategy in place.

Dear Employee,

Deadbeat ownership with little or no regard for staff -- RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Altimetrik full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Promises of a wonderfully dynamic start-up environment where everyone will be able to actively contribute, where the status quo will be challenged and new technology will be created.

Cons

Founders completely and actively circumvent their staff including going on client sales meeting without sales people, last second impromtu meetings with clients at large salesforce events, complete and total disconnect with other business units and leveraging opportunities and synergies that may exist. THE FOUNDERS ARE WAITING TO CASH OUT. DO NOT APPLY HERE!

Hire a real CEO to actively manage and organize the firm. Stop taking on clients that you cannot possibly support. Develop a career progression plan for your offshore staff so that they are not commoditized with massive turnover when they complete training. Remove yourselves from the business as this firm should be flourishing.

10. Company to Return to

Former Employee - Senior Presales Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Presales Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Altimetrik full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Having worked with Altimetrik for only 2 years I may not be the best judge however I can confidently say when I joined Altimetrik it was a start-up and has come a long way in what it is today. Despite being the ambitious start up that it was the work environment is better than any companies and flexibility to employees is always a gratifying gesture. The workforce wasn’t amongst the best one would desire to work with in the early days, but slowly and steadily with the new talent flowing in and the management’s decision to train the talent within has found many takers making it an ideal work place. The constant endeavor of the people experience/HR team to address the concerns of the employees be it with soft skill training, technical training or project change should be much appreciated. The salary and the appraisals are pretty decent (7%-30%, average 10%) given the size of the company, there is a bench marking done in comparison with similar sized companies and appraisals are rolled out based on the rating. Life otherwise is good with once in a while outings, team lunches, occasional floor competitions, indoor and outdoor sports competitions. The management tries to maintain transparency by holding town-hall meetings once in a while giving opportunity to employees of all cadre to express their view, concerns and get addressed directly by the senior management (at time CEO too).

Cons

The major cons/reason for me to quit Altimetrik was its zero market presence both within the industry and obviously outside industry. There are quite a few companies in the same league or of same age who have made a tremendous name for themselves branding them as one of the best places to work with. Not many people knew Altimetrik as a brand or as an IT company working in their relevant areas of interest and failed to beckon potential employees too. There have been more than one instance where most of my friends out rightly rejected the referral opportunity citing the lack of brand and lousy website (back then). This did affect the employees in various facets needless to say. However, off late I see there are efforts being taken to establish it as a brand by publishing articles, addressing seminars in colleges, engaging in several events and formidable presence across the social networks too.
    The other con would be lack of trust and concurrence within verticals which hampers the cross selling of services within the company.

The business outlook seems a little gloomy and altimetrik sits perplexed between a product based and service based company. The sooner the clarity better it will be for company’s focus and growth.
    Also to synchronize inter vertical cross selling.

11. Decent place with decent hikes

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Altimetrik

Pros

Everything depends on Client location

Cons

if working at client location and if they have any problems they are yours