AltisHR

www.altishr.com

AltisHR Reviews

Kathryn Tremblay
1 Rating

Would highly recommend altisHR as a place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are the best part of this job - your colleagues, the clients and the candidates that come in for interviews. Everyone is so energetic and exicted to work at altis that it makes the days fly by. I've learned so much about recruiting and sales - the learning and development from my manager has been so detailed and has helped me succeed. I think success comes from hard work and you definitely work hard here, but with great satisfaction at the end result.

Cons

Last-minute requests for jobs to be filled. These are tough sometimes, but the team always comes together to help each other out.

Revolving Door...

Former Employee - Recruiter & Placement Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruiter & Placement Consultant

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

Good culture, and a fun/young sales environment. Great co-workers really helped you get through the day. Environment was very professional and there were always fun in-house competitions which kept the employees motivated.

Cons

I think you will find that you are extremely over worked and micro-managed. Most times I found an emphasis was placed on quantity and numbers, versus quality of work. Extremely high-turnover, cannot retain their employees - I have never seen so many people quit. Very out-dated technology, which made it extremely difficult to do your job - computers constantly froze, you have to have permission to use any website which made business development and prospecting hard as well.

I would recommend on focusing on employee retention. It might do some good to have an employee who has been there longer than a year or two.

They will connect you with a job.

Former Employee - Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at AltisHR as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They will find you a job when you need it, often in government.

Cons

-Depends on the job site, can be great, OK, or bad.
    -These are temp jobs- not permanent positions, but you know that going in.

It was not what I expected

Former Employee - Recruiter & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruiter & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at AltisHR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people there are fantastic. Everyone is very friendly. At Altis, they like to promote a positive work environment with an open door policy during call times. They have nice incentives for their recruiters who can manage it.

Cons

Not enough training for new recruiters. No support throughout the beginning process of your employment there. Good Incentives were only in reach to the people who have been in the recruiting industry for a while OR inherited excellent accounts from people who have quit or were laid off. Some team members only look out for themselves and blame you when things don't go their way.

Spend some actual quality time with your new hires and give them real and sound advice when you see them struggling.

Am I an employee or not?

Former Employee - Temp Executive/Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at AltisHR as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

called and recruited right away after resume submission
    professional environment
    interviewer very friendly

Cons

after being hired as a temp, got called once to work the same day.. said i could not. never got another call after that. it's been nearly 4 years since then. perhaps it was my lack of experience in working with a temp agency; should i have been waiting hand and foot? luckily i found a ft job elsewhere quickly after that on my own.

seek to give more opportunities for placements if you've hired someone. we're looking for jobs and you're looking for recruits for a reason. hired us? call us!

This is a great agency to work for.

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

Good contacts, professional staff, weekly pay.

Cons

Contract work, temporary assignment, but no guarantee.

Keep looking...

Former Employee - Recruiting & Marketing Strategist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruiting & Marketing Strategist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at AltisHR

Pros

There are no good reasons to work for altishr.

Cons

High tunrover, unmanageable workload and do not have control over how you manage your time.

There is a reason their is such high turnover, need to look at the way they are running their business.