Altisource Reviews

Reset
1.8
Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Pros
  • Very flexible and good work life balance with very good interaction between teams (in 15 reviews)

• Good salary, if you are pet to manager then good hike every year (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance; no balance at all (in 18 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance, just work (in 8 reviews)

1. So much potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bright coworkers. Many opportunities to grow. Interesting work, day-to-day--never a dull moment.

Cons

Penny wise, pound foolish decision-making. Lack of perspective by some members of executive management leads to the existence of unnecessary obstacles. Fear of those same execs prevents people from educating them to help the company thrive.

Advice to Management

You've dedicated many resources to building a company with lots of talent. Listen to the employees--they know the ground-level dynamics of the industry. Support them by giving them the resources they need to work effectively. Allow them do their jobs and the company will succeed!

2. Contractor

I worked at Altisource

Pros

Worked in nice location and most of the employees week nice.

Cons

Very stressful environment, poor management, lack of appreciation for human capital.

Advice to Management

People are your greatest asset, learn to train and promote from within.

3. Culture overhaul needed

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource

Pros

Great pay and benefits Always busy with challenging projects

Cons

Promotions are rare; no advancement Executives do not promote professional growth of the staff

Advice to Management

Adequate succession planning is needed Employees should be given a career path and professional growth should be supported

5. Not bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the diversity in the work environment, the salary and benefits were pretty decent and my fellow employees were easy to work with.

Cons

There was not really room to grow within the company - it felt like managerial positions were givdn to external candidates.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee suggestions more; be a little less hands on and less micro-managerial and work productivity will increase.

Excellent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

benefits, PTO, pay, people and great promotional opportunities

Cons

nothing I can think of to share; wish that more job postings would be internally posted

Advice to Management

keep hiring great talent and growing the business

Buyer Beware

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource

Pros

The salary isn't completely terrible.

Cons

The worst work environment and culture that I have ever experienced. Don't expect to be respected by anyone, especially offshore staff. They believe they are superior to stateside employees even though they have never set foot on American soil and don't understand that New York and California are different states. They don't speak or comprehend English, but you're expected to acclimate to them. Get used to working 50 hours or more per week with low pay and no gratitude. Don't expect a raise or career advancement unless you're the most incompetent person in the department. Do yourself a favor and keep job hunting.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more personable and appreciative of your employees.

Caution!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource (More than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck. That is really the only pro.

Cons

Altisource is absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for. There are two motivations within the company; 1) dollars and 2) the egos of the CEO and CAO. Nothing else matters, especially not the employees. Employees will be lied to, coerced and made to adhere to a slave labor mentality that the senior leaders call the "culture". That culture means you will clock in and out, sit in a crappy cube, have no work -life balance, work tons of overtime without any additional pay, fight for any resources, be promised equity and then the rules will be changed, be promised bonuses and then not receive them, be promised substantial pay raises and then get a 2% increase, all the while dealing with a company that micromanages and demoralizes its employees at every turn. I can't believe that there are actually people on this site who rate them above 1 star. I can only imagine they must be fake reviews posted by the HR recruiting team. I have had contact with over 50 Altisource employees, and all of them are looking for other jobs. This place is the worst!

Advice to Management

My advise to the Board is to immediately clean house of senior leaders, especially the CEO and CAO. They are poison to the moral and future success of the company.

Closing

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say about the company or the people who work there .

Cons

Everything . Stay away from this place

Avoid at All Costs- Terrible Company

I worked at Altisource

Pros

The building next door sells Chik-fil-a sandwiches during lunch.

Cons

I don't know where to even begin. Altisource is honesty the worst company I've had the displeasure of working for. The dismissive way they handle 95% of their employees is deplorable. They treat everyone who isn't part of Labs like they're completely replaceable- I've actually heard from the mouths of some higher-ups that they believe the employees on the mortgage/finance side of the company (which is the majority of the company, mind you) don't have any valuable skills that make them important or irreplaceable. And you are going to run into this kind of thinking everywhere you turn in this company. The work culture is stifling and oppressive. There is such a negative attitude radiating off almost every person you meet here. Only the recruiters are positive and peppy, and that's only because they have to be to get more candidates through the doors. When I first started, I was warned by several employees about the "Altisource mentality" and how everyone feels it after a short time. The average time a person works for this company is a year and a half- that should tell you something right there. Working for this company eats away at you. Everyone is so unhappy and the company treats its employees so badly that the majority of people there are desperately trying to find another job. It took me all of two months to realize that what I was warned about was very much a reality. And don't even get me started on the legal issues surrounding Ocwen- who are very much in control of all things Altisource- no matter what they're telling the press. Offshore is terrible, no one in management takes responsibility for anything that happens, the office is outdated and ugly even though it was built less than a year ago, the policies are nitpicky, and accomplishing even the simplest of tasks dealing w IT takes weeks of going in circles because your being handed off to so many different people in so many different countries (most of the IT department is in India which works out SO well...). Avoid this company at all costs

Advice to Management

Check your egos and start over.

Walked out

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource

Pros

There really is not a pro.

Cons

You have to pay for company travel. So a month in India costs 13k and 90+ days to get your money bback. You have to bring your own supplies to work

Advice to Management

Remove current management and rebuild. The place is full of poor management who could not manage a broom closet

RSS Feed </> Embed