Altisource

Updated November 21, 2014
2.6

Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Pros
  • Very flexible and good work life balance with very good interaction between teams (in 15 reviews)

• good salary,good opportunities,decent environment and cooperative employer (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Working hours are sometimes very harsh on individuals and work life balance is lop-sided (in 18 reviews)

• There is no work/life balance; no balance at all (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

137 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

5 resignations in a single day.

Former Employee - Technical Leader in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Technical Leader in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Altisource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Pay.
    2. You can leave the company within 15 days if u resign within 3 months of joining. (This is what saved me)

Cons

I was part of a team called LRM in Consumer Analytics division.

I shud have doubted them as soon as they agreed upon my expected CTC without even negotiating.
    I was wondering how on earth can a service company pay that much. Soon after joining and speaking with the director I realised their funda. Basically they target people from Gud product based companies with a nice JD, which is no where related to the work you would be doing and pay what ever they demand .
     I had seen the Glassdoor reviews before joining , which was very bad. But thought it might be only in some division. But trust me the reviews written are 200% true.
    The management thinks everything in the world is money. They expect employees to work and deliver from the first day 14 hours a day and also on weekends. And since they pay gud money they think people don't bother.

Trust me 5 of us resigned within 15 days of joining and more followed. And we didn't had any offers. Still we cud not convince ourselves to stay there

There will be no documentation or knowledge transfer or domain training. You r expected to deliver from day one.

The behavior of management and HR are even pathetic. It can't be explained in words here. You will get a mail from hr and manager for petty things.

Its a BPO . Its not at all a software company. You have to swipe in everyday, wear formals. Etc etc.

You can see tens of people leaving everyday. That's why they have recruitment drives every weekend .

Its not just with my division. Its the same with all the division.

Fix all those mentioned in cons. Stop bevaing like a BPO and start acting like a product based company.
    And stop thinking that everything in this world is abt money. There is something called work life balance which you should understand the meaning of

Good place to work

Current Employee - Engineering Director in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dynamic environment which provides an opportunity to learn and add value. Good salary, executive team is one of the best and does provide directions and mentoring

Cons

Too much work pressure and work life balance goes for a toss at times. Overall the work culture is good and relies only on performance so in a way, you write your own destiny

Need to revisit the white board to design the new processes and think of engaging the teams in a way that they feel the ownership.

Good challenging environment which helps you develop multiple skill sets

Current Employee - Manager Operations in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Manager Operations in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good leadership and the best compensation in the Industry. .

Cons

Could work a little more on employee engagement.

Encourage more cross functional transfers so that emplyees can develop on skill set

Current Employee - Associate in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Low Work Pressure; Good working atmosphere,

Cons

you get to learn a lot of new things in this organisation; A friendly environment; good management;

N/A

Good Experience

Former Employee - Preservation Coordinator in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Preservation Coordinator in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Altisource full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work life, not much pressure.Good working environment

Cons

Not much growth oppurtunties, very rare of promotions.

Excellent company to be associated with

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Since it is relatively new in the current market segment, there definitely is a lot of potential both for the company and employees.

Cons

The fact that it is a relatively new set up, gives a lot of opportunity to organize certain aspects thus offering a very excellent platform to learn.

If you join this company after seeing this review then god bless you.

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary, if you are pet to manager then good hike every year.

Cons

* Ocwen is the only client.
    * impossible dead lines.
    * They say they are Product based company, take my word its no were close to product based company..
    * No proper career path.
    * Useless HR team.
    * Worst managers and directors (In Consumer Analytic team).
    * Worst work culture.
    * They will say flexible work hours after joining they would expect you to work for more than 9 hours including weekends.
    * Don't join the company by just looking at the pay. it would be the dumbest decision of your life if you do that. (Specifically while joining to Consumer Analytic team).
    * Best place for butt kissers.

Stop treating people like slaves. hope you are aware that you are hiring Engineers not people from magic school

Good Company, great collegues and environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cons

Could use a better career growth plan for employees and better training models/ programs

Not good for career development in the long term

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, decent peers and decent salary at manager level and above

Cons

No real skill development, vague job responsibilities, lack of proper technological systems needed for running a business

In a Mess

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very hard to find positives where so much drama is on. Coffee and Tea is good.

Cons

Worst possible place to work. If you cannot find a job elsewhere, then this is your place. This is a BPO company masquerading as software development center. Your work performance is the least important thing here, but Political performance is important. Incompetent people hire even more incompetent people and now Bangalore center is full of them. If you work well, your manager will become insecure and will fire you. The US team is not aware of the worst things happening here.

Most of the work is sham. QA team at least has well defined deliverables. Development team full of incompetent leaders who produce code that does not even work. Severe infighting exists among teams just to impress their bosses. Junior developers are actively prevented from voicing their opinions and concerns by senior leadership.

Keep it up.